Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess you are screwed then, because there will never be an alternative. Or do you think Amazon makes New World out of passion?

Apart from that I never got the logic of "They make it out of greed". That means they make whatever they make is to spend little effort and get the most money. Well..to achieve that, the company still needs to make a game that many people are willing to PAY their money for. If ppl like and pay for a shoddy, greedy, cynical game...then they are as much a problem as the company.

So to me these "I am sad, because greed" sound very childish to me. Also in the light of 12 million subs in WotLK. If passion made the game so successful back then and greed made it fall to the 4 million we have now - then truly the greedy shareholders and greedy CoEs would be all over Blizzard to do whatever it takes to get the 12 million subs.

See...apparently with "passion" they made more money then with "greed" and how your reasoning totally falls apart?
    I dunno dude... Nothing makes sense anymore. All this pc culture bullshit and stuff... Everything seems so shallow nowadays. Maybe it's just me getting older, and starting to get bored of things. Felt like all games had a different soul back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    As if world revamp would change anything.

Better make more zones, expand the universe, tell us more stories.

People would sit in X-pac City, visit X-pac locations, Do xpac instances, complete X-pac chores etc etc. The same would happen to revamped world. People would sit in Orgrimmar 2.0, visit BRD 2.0, and... thats all what you want?

WoW2 aka better visuals? Actually I dont know who would like that. If the game is cool and interesting... Super graphic/Simple graphic, it doesnt matter really.

Just keep the game interesting and cool
    I don't think a revamp need to be only about the graphics. A revamp is the opportunity to update the old world to be on par with modern zones. A lot of things are in place in Shadowlands or in BFA and Legion that could be applied to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, like expeditions, rares, treasures, etc. The quality and intricacies of special events or puzzles they now put in the game could add another layer to outdoor content in the two main continents.

I agree that a revamp only makes sens if it improves the content and the story. Making it only for graphics is useless. I don't think Blizzard will ever do a pure visual revamp, it's not their style at all.

Lol'd.

A world revamp wouldn't change anything for those who do not enjoy the game, such as yourself.

As someone enjoying the game, I'd love a world revamp with the next expansion being set in EK and Kalimdor rather than other worlds entirely.

Throw out the last 2004 textures and models already, can't believe we still have pixel art mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    All this pc culture bullshit and stuff...
    Ah, you're one of those... Guess this thread was made in bad faith.

Honestly don't think they need an expansion to revamp the old world, they could hire a few extra artists to focus solely on the old world and pump out a few new zones every few months and just gradually update it so it's brought up to 2021 standards. Problem is there's so many zones and with the way levelling is you don't even touch 90% of them so it's basically a waste of time.

No it wasn't. I mean sometimes I think it just gets kinda silly with all the "everything should be so evenly distributed" eventho it doesn't make that much sense. But maybe you're a girl, and in that case I can see how that benefits you. But don't take it the wrong way. Im not a hater in that regard.
    Thanks for confirming what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Thanks for confirming what I said.
    We obviously have different views on this issue. But I can promise you this thread wasn't made in bad faith. I just want the game to improve. Both visually and gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Versatia View Post
    well, during the kyrian questline, you go to redirdge, which is under attack by the scourge, and this dude dies.
    after that, you aint hearing shit of it, so im wondering what happend there, and in other places. and we dont know much time passes while in the shadowlands....

well just have to wait to find out.
    Duuuuude, it was a... MEMORY. What the fuck.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Duuuuude, it was a... MEMORY. What the fuck.
    His death is a memory. But you arrive in Redridge shortly after he dies, and the events leading to it where the expansion pre-event.

Though it's not like we never heard of the Scourge running rampant and we mostly left to deal with the source of those issues. There just isn't much to report on that part of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it won't change all the shitty systems they imply, no. And im not sure how many active subs they got atm that are genuinely enjoying the game. But I can promise you a world revamp would do the game good. We can always hope they rethink all the bullshit they implemented so far, and make it more simple in many ways, but still pleasing the hardcore audience!

But yeah like I said... A world revamp is needed.
    You think a WoW2 will be different then todays WoW? It isn't 2004 anymore bud. That shit will NEVER return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You think a WoW2 will be different then todays WoW? It isn't 2004 anymore bud. That shit will NEVER return.
    Im sure they could figure something out! With the right mindset it's possible!

Wishful thinking. Not every problem is solvable, and not every problem is worth solving.

10+ Year Old Account
    You hope for a MMORPG that is just not in todays time. I get what ur after, but that will just never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want revamps I want to move on.
    WoW is outdated. It needs to end and we need a new MMORPG from Blizzard.
    We've had enough revamps and filler content.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I don't want revamps I want to move on.
    WoW is outdated. It needs to end and we need a new MMORPG from Blizzard.
    We've had enough revamps and filler content.
    Yes that is also my biggest wish. Im afraid that will take a while tho

At this point in the thread, reading folks responses, it sounds to me like if Blizz was to try to captivate audiences with that 'feeling' or 'kind of game' that WoW was in 2004, would actually be better done as a Singleplayer to Co-Op game.

Something that would truly stand tribute to the creative minds that whipped up Azeroth.

Could be a WC4, it would sell well to many, and also be a big pass for a great many. So maybe they could try a first/third person action adventure basis, which are all the rage these days.

I certainly can provide AC: Origins as a really neat example of how fleshed out and explorable a world can feel from that gameplay perspective, and I felt while playing it that WoW would benefit from a similar storytelling experience.

Of course that's a bit all off topic from a World Revamp, but I'm all with you there so not much to say lol. It's not like we get tired of Earth and her continents, why do we expect WoW needs to constantly transcend the Known boundaries of the world to continue the story?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

3+ Year Old Account
    Your thread if just dumb, sorry. You cant keep on telling that 'everybody wants this/that' without any source. Its just that u want it, it doesnt mean everybody does. Using this wording just undermines your whole thread.

Well... title says it all I guess. Im sure this thread has been up a couple of times, but im so sick of the game atm and it's all I can think about...

Okay lets be real... what we really need is wow 2, but that won't happen... or World of Diablo... and that won't happen either. At least not in the nearest future.

Cata revamp sucked... and well... I think everyone just want a fresh new start, in the same world but updated. I mean... is it really THAT hard to do? Sure it will take some time and resources. I mean... they could make it REALLY awesome if they did it right, imagine if Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor got the graphics of today.
    And some new quests ofc!

World revamp next xpac + dragon isles. Wouldn't that be something, eh?

Edit: After reading the comments I realize that most people want blizz to focus on new continents rather than remaking old ones. And improving the gameplay I guess. I can understand that.

But yeah like I said... I guess what I really want is wow 2 ;P
    If there will ever be a sort of revamp, for me it will be for the 20 years of the game, aka not the next expansion but the second next end 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Your thread if just dumb, sorry. You cant keep on telling that 'everybody wants this/that' without any source. Its just that u want it, it doesnt mean everybody does. Using this wording just undermines your whole thread.
    I wouldn't say the thread is dumb. But I can agree with you that I should have formulated myself differently. Obviously people do not want this. I really thought so at first though. So yeah my bad I guess.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    While cool, it is a vast undertaking, you also can't add stuff without pulling old stuff, the damage was done in cata but going through that all over again won't make up for the lost potential of exploring new realms/worlds in Azeroth and beyond. There's a wealth of possibilities and remaking stuff we're familiar with in new settings just doesn't have the same impact as exploring the complete unknown. Besides it's much easier to move the story forward/tell new stories than it is to make sure there's no loose threads and odd ends left behind before a revamp and makeover. It can quickly end up as a hackjob even with due care and consideration. All in all it's too much work vs potential gain.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Honestly I do agree that a revamp is necessary. And the bullet has to be bitten sooner than later to make the world feel evergreen as an alternative to level on the previous expansion. But I don't think a revamp a la CATA would work either; there are just too many zones to create a cohesive leveling experience.

Ideally, the old world (EK & Kalimdor) should be revamped to make it feel evergreen, not stuck in one era -there's something very interesting about the non-campaign quests of Shadowlands, in the way they are more of a slice of life of the areas we visit- but to do so in the whole of the continents, would almost for sure affect the time spent on the new level cap.

So rather than update the whole continents as CATA did, only update a selection of starting and sorrounding areas across both continents to set it to the present, to see how the world has changed from then to now, including the presence of AR hubs -but also on that more evergreen way that can be easily tweaked to reflect the present always, like Exile's Reach would do- to create a consistent leveling experience of how the world has evolved, before leading us to the new high level content.

As for the rest of the areas, rather than just let them stuck in CATA. make them part of more of a ever-expanding process where old zones are revamped to tell self contained stories, either by adding new chainsor tweaking the present ones to remove the time-specificity of the Cataclysm, or set specific content on them -such as Warfronts, but, again, not bound to an specific timeframe.

A quick mock up of the idea

Rather than factions and races having two whole zones for leveling, just keep one as faction exclusive, with the areas in yellow having large presences of Both Factions (like the Plaguelands), One Faction and Independent/Neutral Organizations (ie Hyjal) or Mostly Neutral/independent (ie Stranglethorn). This would be regardless of what faction holds narrative control of the area -Like let's say, Hyjal for the Night Elves, Barrens for the Horde)- cause there would still be independent/neutral content.