Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This event is made for whales. Its that simple. Free to play players dont have every character lvled up and being forced to use specific character on boss is bullshit. (same goes with relic gear)
    You can't be serious about this. Just because you'll be able to get all the rewards (which are basically worth 2 days of resin) a day or 2 later than the whales doesn't mean the event is made for them. And if you can't get 2.8k scores to get them, assuming you are AR45+, then you honestly gotta be pretty horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You can't be serious about this. Just because you'll be able to get all the rewards (which are basically worth 2 days of resin) a day or 2 later than the whales doesn't mean the event is made for them. And if you can't get 2.8k scores to get them, assuming you are AR45+, then you honestly gotta be pretty horrible.
    I dont have enogh damage. Its that simple. (and also on second one i only got Fischl lvled high enogh and i have no Keqing or Albedo)

I didnt get hit even once and still run out of time when i try to do harder version. And i even use food...
    Whales can farm damage artifacts as much as they want, but i have much more limited resorces.
    Right now i am concentrating on getting everyone i lvled to lvl 80 ascension and it drains my reshin. (and i also gota lvl up some weapons to 90)

And i still gota lvl up Sucrose high enogh so i can use her later in Abyss as right now she gets 2 shot.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I've tried every different kind of character combination, and done what I've could with the artifacts I have, but I just cannot burst down the stupid things in the allotted time. I'm not going to be calling anyone a whale, but ya'll must has just gotten lucky with the quality and rolls on your artifacts. That's the only way I can account for such a massive statistical discrepancy. It can't be a "git gud" situation, since that only really applies to dodging stuff; I can't imagine there's any particular skill to popping abilities and throwing down Bursts. Especially when there's such a small window of time in which you can actually hurt the friggin' things, that doesn't really leave much room for getting fancy.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I had to ditch my usual Barbara and go for a non-healer party, but my biggest tip to winning is to not fall for the increasing the boss's health by 100%, it's not worth it over the 25% or 50% one. I'm a F2P player who is still to cheap to level up his artifacts all the way but managed to get my scores above 2850.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Damn, ya'll just full of excuses.

Guess I shouldn't be shocked, especially from the "But AR45 is a trap!" folks.
    Just wait till tower defense event comes out. What if its even worse than this.

I dont have enogh damage. Its that simple. (and also on second one i only got Fischl lvled high enogh and i have no Keqing or Albedo)
    [IMG]https://i.ibb.co/fpD57V7/131rereerer22323ddfdfddf.png[IMG].
    Purple artifact with mostly defense and HP? Probably should have passed on that one.

I didnt get hit even once and still run out of time when i try to do harder version. And i even use food...
    Whales can farm damage artifacts as much as they want, but i have much more limited resorces.
    The simple thing to do is to use your best DPS. You'll be much better off than trying to use a poorly developed character just for the 20% dmg boost. I tried doing the 2nd boss with Fischl just because, but she gets 1-shot by anything it does with all the debuffs on. After 2 tries I just went with Diluc, stayed with all debuffs on and 5 minutes timer, and it was a steamroll. I could probably do it in 3 minutes if I wanted to tryhard, but even regular anemo boss is too annoying.
    And I'm certainly not a whale, I only buy BP + Wilkins and I'm not even playing since release.

My Diluc has a craftable weapon, a gladiator set (not even an optimized one, I have a ton of HP, flat attack and def on it) because I haven't gotten a good Crimson Witch set in about 3 weeks worth of farming - just to clarify about being unable to do it without "luck on artifact rolls".

I'm just saying, I don't consider myself anything above average when it comes to Genshin and I actually have the worst luck (other than getting Diluc, I GUESS. Oh, and clutching C6 Fischl last banner), and I was still able to get some 3.6k score. Stop looking for excuses and start looking for solutions is what I could say.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2021-01-17 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    did the second one with Xiangling and Bennett too.
    3015 score.

I don't have to "hope" for anything. You just do it if you aren't complete garbage and know how this game works.
    3k is all you need for all the rewards, everything else is INTENDED for people who want to show how strong there are.
    Not everyone has Bennett. Nor does everyone have crit rate artifacts. I've only ever gotten 3 and they are all conductor's. I have also burned fragile resin and some primogems farming artifacts before. I can totally see a f2p player not having gotten any. My 4 condensed resin runs today got me 1 legendary water healing hat and hp epic one. That's what like 15+ weeks of bosses and maybe like 1/3rd of my resin going into artifacts and I only got 3 crit % pieces? So for me thats like a little over a months worth of farming just to get a single crit rate artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Not everyone has Bennett. Nor does everyone have crit rate artifacts. I've only ever gotten 3 and they are all conductor's. I have also burned fragile resin and some primogems farming artifacts before. I can totally see a f2p player not having gotten any. My 4 condensed resin runs today got me 1 legendary water healing hat and hp epic one. That's what like 15+ weeks of bosses and maybe like 1/3rd of my resin going into artifacts and I only got 3 crit % pieces? So for me thats like a little over a months worth of farming just to get a single crit rate artifact.
    dude...

it's not about the crit artifacts.
    I could do it without a headpiece.

Bennetts attackboost is completely pointless too.

I'm doing 150-800 autoattack hits (and that's *with* bufffood) on that thing and still kill it with 2 minutes left and a 3,105 score.

I'm sorry that I can't get every character I don't want to lvl 70 just to proof a point. I figured basically naked and fresh lvl 70 characters would do the trick, especially since one is F2P and one has been in the shop and is a well known superstar and was also on a very popular banner.

just get Xiangling, add 2 pieces instructor and 2 pieces whatever and maybe an elemental mastery 3* weapon if there is one or something and just go ham

It's flipping easy.

Could've gone for the 180s timer.

all you need is elemental mastery.
    you don't even need HP because you can kill that thing without getting hit once.

There is a 3* artifact set and a 4* artifact set that add 80 each.
    She herself has 72 elemental mastery at 70. there. That's enough for ~3,3k Overload hits.
    If you add an elemental mastery piece, you are at ~400++

That's ~4,5k Overload hits or something, I wouldn't know, because I didn't bother to equip her accordingly and went with the much worse items instead.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-18 at 12:26 AM.

dude...

it's not about the crit artifacts.
    I could do it without a headpiece.

Bennetts attackboost is completely pointless too.

I'm doing 150-800 autoattack hits on that thing and still kill it with 2 minutes left and a 3,105 score.

I'm sorry that I can't get every character I don't want to lvl 70 just to proof a point. I figured basically naked and fresh lvl 70 characters would do the trick, especially since one is F2P and one has been in the shop and is a well known superstar and was also on a very popular banner.

I might be able to do it with Xiangling solo... in basically "level gear".
    You are missing my point entirely. Not every person is you. Just like not every person is like me. I'm sure you are a god tier player who can hit 3000 solo with one char and no artifacts and a lvl 1 grey weapon while blindfolded but not everyone can. Instead of calling people bad maybe make a video and show them how to like Shadowpunk does?

Personally I haven't even attempted the event yet and probably wont as the rewards aren't really worth my time compared to the other games and life needs I have atm. If I "need" a new character I'll buy it and the only unique thing is a nameplate card I won't ever use. Not everyone can afford to do that though. I'm not going to call people poor because they can't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's pointless, there's no more proof that's going to convince these people.

You've got F2P people doing it, people doing it with a solo character, people doing it with low level weapons or artifacts to prove a point, and they still claim it's impossible because they didn't get enough perfect artifact rolls or didn't get good enough gacha pulls or don't have full level 90 parties.

We've got a dude with Diluc and a Wolf's Gravestone talking about how he somehow just can't compete and other people still convinced that open world content will get too hard if they level up.

It's clear we just have different types of players with different goals who aren't interested in hearing any of it, I guess.
    I highly doubt that guys lying to get a character buffed or what ever. Instead of being assholes maybe help them?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-01-17 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Right now i am concentrating on getting everyone i lvled to lvl 80 ascension and it drains my reshin. (and i also gota lvl up some weapons to 90)

And i still gota lvl up Sucrose high enogh so i can use her later in Abyss as right now she gets 2 shot.
    i have completely disproven this fallacy multiple times now in this thread, if you're spending your resin incorrectly that's on you, not the game, people really need to stop blaming the game systems for their own failures.

You are missing my point entirely. Not every person is you. Just like not every person is like me. I'm sure you are a god tier player who can hit 3000 solo with one char and no artifacts and a lvl 1 grey weapon while blindfolded but not everyone can. Instead of calling people bad maybe make a video and show them how to like Shadowpunk does?
    I edited the video in.

it's generic cube-boss gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Assuming I actually have a ranged character with good anything instead of just a lvl 40 amber with no artifacts

If mihoyo is going to necessitate having a large roster of characters all at effective levels, they need to make it easier to get to that point without spending money.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that it was even a consideration is bad. Spending that much on a digital good in some waifu game is idiotic. I don't care if you have the financial stability, some purchases should be shunned and looked down upon out of principle. Fuck the whole "let people enjoy things." Nah. There shouldn't be any LAWS preventing them from being that stupid, but they should absolutely have to suffer the thunder of people calling them out on their stupidity.
    You know what else is dumb? Spending money on take-out food. Just stop this crap.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally I haven't even attempted the event yet and probably wont as the rewards aren't really worth my time compared to the other games and life needs I have atm. If I "need" a new character I'll buy it and the only unique thing is a nameplate card I won't ever use. Not everyone can afford to do that though. I'm not going to call people poor because they can't though.

I highly doubt that guys lying to get a character buffed or what ever. Instead of being assholes maybe help them?
    i'm happy to offer help and advice to anyone, the problem is most don't want it, personally i'm only doing 2975 score because even though i could max the points i don't feel the need to and don't have the patience right now to keep pushing when i have already achieved the minimum requirement, and while i agree name calling someone isn't the way to go the sentiment is correct, if you are incapable of achieving the minimum score required for the rewards with a team of characters at appropriate power level for the event then it's down to you as a player and nothing the game is doing that's causing the failure.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know an event's great when it just results in people having e-peen battles on online forums

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Although I'm enjoying the challenge, this new event desperately needs a reply option... And that fact Albedo's E is so wonky on bosses like these... it's times like these that makes me wonder if the devs even play their own game.
    It really depends on the company, but for the most part...it's not really as simple as you think. Dev companies comprise of over thousands of devs and it's not like they can just be like, A or B isn't working let's fix it up. The ecosystem is just too large for that to be that simple.

Just as a side note, I can bet a ton of people here have been using every survey to point out that the game is too damn easy at every level. I know I was. So... they gave us a harder event. Not that I agree that just turning the numbers up is the way to go, but this is probably the only thing the devs can do on a short notice, before (or if) they ever give us more mechanically/tactically challenging content.

I edited the video in.

it's generic cube-boss gameplay.
    They don't get new skills or anything besides those things on the ground? For me Electro is always easy but I had to farm that fucker like 900 times for Fischl and Beidou.

I'd be curious to see you do the geo timed if its up. That one always seems to take forever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Just as a side note, I can bet a ton of people here have been using every survey to point out that the game is too damn easy at every level. I know I was. So... they gave us a harder event. Not that I agree that just turning the numbers up is the way to go, but this is probably the only thing the devs can do on a short notice, before (or if) they ever give us more mechanically/tactically challenging content.
    I don't mean to encourage this really pointless argument, but this is not how a game should be made "harder". There isn't really any skill involved (for the most part). It's just # modifiers. Very lazy way to make games harder. I'm not bothering to go for the highest possible cuz there's no point really. It's like a day of resin activity in rewards. Not worth it cuz it's not fun. I ain't bitching about it though, my goodness people in here LOL.

They don't get new skills or anything besides those things on the ground? For me Electro is always easy but I had to farm that fucker like 900 times for Fischl and Beidou.

I'd be curious to see you do the geo timed if its up. That one always seems to take forever for me.
    The Electro cube only had the way more deadlier "ranged projectile" which can one shot you with all these modifiers, but as you can see, you can both outrange and iFrame-dodge them.
    I honestly don't know what exactly is new in the Anemo one, that thing dies too easily and soon in open world.

The Geo cube might be interesting because I'll have to make use of my lvl 60 Noelle. I'm not too familar with the fight because Noelle is my only Geo character.
    I only know that Claymores work.

The challenges after that will be more interesting though, as they will most likely feature several cubes at once or in succession (only 3 cubes, but 7 challenges).
    It's going to be fun, I'm sure.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-17 at 09:51 PM.