Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You need to learn the difference between "couldn't" and "didn't"
    [INSERT SNARKY ONE-LINER]

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    [INSERT SNARKY ONE-LINER]

You know what

Obviously we've gotten off on the wrong foot here.

I apologize for my part in that. Apparently I'm cranky.

So if its not moving into a standard marvel formel at some point what do you guys see this becoming?

I cant honestly believe its going to keep being a sitcom(even if a modern day one)

5+ Year Old Account
    Like i wrote in the other thread, this feels like dc vertigo to me so far, but they promised towards the end we'll get the full mcu treatment, big action n sheit

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    So if its not moving into a standard marvel formel at some point what do you guys see this becoming?

I cant honestly believe its going to keep being a sitcom(even if a modern day one)
    I could see them doing a Friends thing when it reaches the 90s, assuming they keep going up a decade or so with each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I could see them doing a Friends thing when it reaches the 90s, assuming they keep going up a decade or so with each episode.
    Yeah but i mean. That cant really be all there is to this show though. Its gotta lead to something and when itreaches that it cant really just go back to being a sitcom right

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole series kind of makes me feel we are heading for a alternate version of House of M. And while that doesn't make sense since mutants play a pivotal role in that saga there is a way they could give us a version that introduces the X-Men (and mutants) to the MCU, at least thats a theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no... are Wanda and Vision going to go on a break?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This whole series kind of makes me feel we are heading for a alternate version of House of M. And while that doesn't make sense since mutants play a pivotal role in that saga there is a way they could give us a version that introduces the X-Men (and mutants) to the MCU, at least thats a theory.
    There really isn't much House of M influence, here. At least, so far. Wanda's confused, but we don't know anything here has to do with her powers, at all. Like I said earlier, there's already a canonical MCU virtual reality AI that holds people in suspension by feeding them an alternate reality and editing that reality on the fly to keep them compliant: the Framework from Agents of Shield. It's held people with powers before, too. I really don't think we're trapped in Wanda's mind right now, though her mind might break before this is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Oh no... are Wanda and Vision going to go on a break?
    Oh it's definitely going to end with a "break"

I'm enjoying the setup and after watching the trailer and seeing what's to come it's intriguing where they're starting at in the story. I do wish it wasn't an over time release, but what ever. If you really care, unsubscribe and then subscribe again when it's all released.

Also episode two kind of just shows Paul Bettany needs to be cast for a Drop Dead Fred sequel before its too late.

It seems more that they're using family sitcoms/shows. My guess is Full House or Roseanne or Married with Children.

Yeah but i mean. That cant really be all there is to this show though. Its gotta lead to something and when itreaches that it cant really just go back to being a sitcom right
    It's not, if you watch the trailer you see where this is leading to.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-01-18 at 12:19 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I'm enjoying the setup and after watching the trailer and seeing what's to come it's intriguing where they're starting at in the story. I do wish it wasn't an over time release, but what ever. If you really care, unsubscribe and then subscribe again when it's all released.

Also episode two kind of just shows Paul Bettany needs to be cast for a Drop Dead Fred sequel before its too late.

It seems more that they're using family sitcoms/shows. My guess is Full House or Roseanne or Married with Children.

It's not, if you watch the trailer you see where this is leading to.
    I try to avoid spoilers from trailers.

I dont think this needs to eviolve into something like daredevil or one of the other standard marvel series where its just crimefighting superhero stuff. But i also dont think the sitcom style works very well for it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There really isn't much House of M influence, here. At least, so far. Wanda's confused, but we don't know anything here has to do with her powers, at all. Like I said earlier, there's already a canonical MCU virtual reality AI that holds people in suspension by feeding them an alternate reality and editing that reality on the fly to keep them compliant: the Framework from Agents of Shield. It's held people with powers before, too. I really don't think we're trapped in Wanda's mind right now, though her mind might break before this is all over.
    I think this is true. For one end of episode 1 does hint that she's in a simulation with someone watching from the outside. I wouldn't be surprised if that was "Agnes" herself. Since she seems too over the top even for a 50s show. If she's with S.W.O.R.D or not is another thing.

Then in episode two there's someone through the radio calling to Wanda. The theory being that since in other languages the voice actor has been named that it is Agent Woo from the ant man and the wasp calling to her.

My hypothesis is that the simulation was created to get Vision back and it's gone horribly wrong because Wanda psyche will not accept anything less than perfect.

I try to avoid spoilers from trailers.

I dont think this needs to eviolve into something like daredevil or one of the other standard marvel series where its just crimefighting superhero stuff. But i also dont think the sitcom style works very well for it so far.
    I do wonder if the series will all be pretty self-contained, or if they'll be doing "Wandavision season 2" and stuff. I'd prefer each series to be pretty well tied up and followup stories could change the mix of characters and tell a new arc, but if something is popular they tend to run it into the ground, so hard to say.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

the show is incredibly boring

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Feel I should have waited til there were more than 2 episodes out.

Starting the show with an hour of this was not what I was looking for. I started episode 2 thinking we'd at least get a teaser for the transition (if not the actual transition) into what we all expect from an MCU story, but - nothing so far. I feel I could have skipped 95% of the program and just seen the "teaser" bits, and missed nothing of value.

I'll give it a watch next week and if it's more of the same I'll just check it out when the season's done.
    Yeah I was half considering getting Disney+ when they were all out, but it really doesn't seem like something to do in one sitting after I saw the episodes on a reaction channel(I'll probably just keep watching that way). People are expecting Mandalorian when it's more like something fun and whimsical which I find to be a fresh break while still being in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I grew up on reruns of sitcoms from that era and the first 2 episodes were perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless she stays in this fantasy world a season 2 seems unlikely. More probable is that this series ends with the fantasy being shattered leading into Doctor Strange.
    I'm not saying they dont follow that formula

That show needs some color, this is not 1952
    I feel sad watching this on a 4K Ultra HD OLED TV with HDR
    Last edited by Nelle; 2021-01-18 at 06:42 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    From what I can gather it's just a House of M segway, which if that's the case I'll just binge it once it's all out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I'm actually surprised by how many people disliked the show. I loved it (though some of that may be nostalgia) and the response to the show seems to be either its amazing or its boring.