Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It was the 70-80s. Fight choreography was different back then. Compare Vader vs Obi-Wan or even Luke vs Vader to anything they've done since then. It's pretty rudimentary by today's standards.
    Your fighting skills would have to be pretty rudimentary to get beat by a blind man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished season 2, some slight filler but overall outstanding TV. The finale in particular was absolutely magical. How exactly they managed to make a spinoff TV show that is a billion times better than the current shitty movies is completely beyond me though.

It was probably Favreau working his magic. Huge kudos to him.

In case anyone hasn't seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    In case anyone hasn't seen this.
    That was brilliant! Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the end for Gideon Thrawn or the First Order coming in and taking all his research. I really want to see Sloane make an appearance with a little Hux following her.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hope the end for Gideon Thrawn or the First Order coming in and taking all his research. I really want to see Sloane make an appearance with a little Hux following her.
    We could always seen Hux's father. He was part of the founding of the First Order.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Regarding the helmet, and I am not sure if it has been pointed here, did anyone else feel like it was a joke on Pedro's character in GoT when the dark trooper was banging his head on the wall and he was all fine and dandy because he was wearing one ?
    I said to my partner "what is it about Pedro characters getting their heads smashed in?" when it happened.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    i finish a while ago, i didn't comment about, but i must say that i, for the most part that i watched star wars i never liked or cared about Boba Fett, to me he was a meh edgy guy, who didn't do much, of course i only watch the movies, so that was my view of him, and i didn't like, it was just a colored trooper with clown armor.

And never liked much Luke cause he always seem to be a whelp, weak, whinny, never did something, i always get pissed how he called himself 'master" and the jabba mission was a clusterfuck, he could just have used the force to wreak everyone, so i saw him as pathetic since the movies never put him as the "master jedi" other medias did.

But the last episodes made me change my mind about then, rly liked Boba, rly like the approaching of him doing something, making him put his abilities to use,(him being tied with that mandalorian was darn forced but ok..) Also Luke fucking up the droids with the force, finally i saw why he was a "master"

i saw how they were good, i was not being told they were while seeing different, rly liked this approach even as minor apareces, i didn't care about boba show, but now im invested.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Mandalorian: Luke’s Return Wasn’t In The Season 2 Finale Script.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-s...cript-details/
    BY ANA DUMARAOG 14 HOURS AGO

even the cast and crew weren't aware that it was happening. Gina Carano, who plays Cara Dune in The Mandalorian, revealed this during a recent interview with Drunk 3PO, as well as how she and the rest of the people on set filming that day found out about it.

“I started finding out about it in the makeup trailer, basically because you’re like, ‘Oh wait, who’s that?’ And because they didn’t say it in the script…everyone that has worked on The Mandalorian is insane, like insane Star Wars fans. And they have the shirts, and they’re like, ‘Wait a second.’ And so, everybody starts doing a little whispering.”

Actually, I thought they will make at least 1 more season with baby Yoda. Now I wanna cry

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by w4rrenmenson View Post
    Actually, I thought they will make at least 1 more season with baby Yoda. Now I wanna cry
    I'm sure we'll get to see one or more scenes in season three with baby grogu training with Luke, some easter eggs and hopefully we'll get Yoda's ghost interacting with Grogu, that would be sweet.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The Mandalorian: Luke’s Return Wasn’t In The Season 2 Finale Script.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-s...cript-details/
    BY ANA DUMARAOG 14 HOURS AGO

even the cast and crew weren't aware that it was happening. Gina Carano, who plays Cara Dune in The Mandalorian, revealed this during a recent interview with Drunk 3PO, as well as how she and the rest of the people on set filming that day found out about it.

“I started finding out about it in the makeup trailer, basically because you’re like, ‘Oh wait, who’s that?’ And because they didn’t say it in the script…everyone that has worked on The Mandalorian is insane, like insane Star Wars fans. And they have the shirts, and they’re like, ‘Wait a second.’ And so, everybody starts doing a little whispering.”

It likely was in THE script but not in the scripts given to some characters.

They were keeping in secret.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

How much of the original EU can Realistically be Written into the new Timeline?

The Mandalorian can certainly open options, like Mara Jade character coming in and who knows what else from the original EU - which got me wondering, how much of the original EU can they actually officially fit into the new timeline without altering anything about it?

Also another theory crafting exercise would be how much of the original EU can they adapt too? for e.g. taking many stories from the original Eu, and rather than outright removing them, just adapting them to this new timeline, almost like it was an alternate timeline with lots of similarities but differences as well.

If let's say they could, what from the original EU would you like to see show up in shows like The Mandalorian and others

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    How much of the original EU can Realistically be Written into the new Timeline?

snip
    Zsinj as one big a-hole of an Imperial Warlord would be good. Show how hard it is for the New Republic to get things done when clever bastards run their little empires.

Since Thrawn is back and as a counter-point to Zsinj a return of Gilad Pellaeon as the cool-headed gentleman officer who's REALLY oldschool and not a xenophob would fit nicely.

Mara Jade, obviously.
    Which means Talon Karrde should return as well.

Rouge Squadron, with Wedge, Corran and a few others. With a bit less plot armour to keep the suspense up.

The Hapani as one of the neutral factions that the Republic tries to desperately get on their side in the conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i finish a while ago, i didn't comment about, but i must say that i, for the most part that i watched star wars i never liked or cared about Boba Fett, to me he was a meh edgy guy, who didn't do much, of course i only watch the movies, so that was my view of him, and i didn't like, it was just a colored trooper with clown armor.

And never liked much Luke cause he always seem to be a whelp, weak, whinny, never did something, i always get pissed how he called himself 'master" and the jabba mission was a clusterfuck, he could just have used the force to wreak everyone, so i saw him as pathetic since the movies never put him as the "master jedi" other medias did.

But the last episodes made me change my mind about then, rly liked Boba, rly like the approaching of him doing something, making him put his abilities to use,(him being tied with that mandalorian was darn forced but ok..) Also Luke fucking up the droids with the force, finally i saw why he was a "master"

i saw how they were good, i was not being told they were while seeing different, rly liked this approach even as minor apareces, i didn't care about boba show, but now im invested.
    Perfect example of show it, dont tell it

That being said the new triology just completely destroyed Luke for me. Especially the 2nd movie. I like Daisy and Adam and i think they would have done well if they where handed a better story

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    The Mandalorian can certainly open options, like Mara Jade character coming in and who knows what else from the original EU - which got me wondering, how much of the original EU can they actually officially fit into the new timeline without altering anything about it?
    Zero. Everything has to be modified to fit the Disney era stuff because nothing happened in the same way as the EU.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Zero. Everything has to be modified to fit the Disney era stuff because nothing happened in the same way as the EU.
    Can the new version turn out good? Cos I'll be honest, whiles I didn't mind the sequel movies for what they were (except for 9, which was a bit all over the place, but was good entertainment), I was very disappointed in the direction they took. They just seemd to repeat episode 4-6, which is not that big a deal because you can off course do more movies and series after that period that bring somethign new except for two major problems

1. The sequel moveis seem to be the end of everything, and nothing planned happens after epsode 9 - which means
    2. The entire star wars saga ends in a massive disappointment
    a) Luke and all the effort of 1-6, seem to have amounted to nothing - I can understand ups and downs, new threats, but Luke, turns out to be ajoke pretty much sticking a dagger in all things star wars before Disney takes over - which people may have been okay with, except that eveyrthing that has followed has relaly not measured up. New heroes not measured up, new world, and state of hte galaxy..nothing
    b) Everything happpens again and everything gets destroyed. i really didn't need to see the resistnace on the verge of being wiped out.. again, after Episode IV and Episode V, and pretty much most of episode VI - just to have a repeat again? but then
    c) It ends with Rey the only force using survivor? Wtf, you mean they've force fed us star wars fo the last 40 years, done coutnless material - films/series, comics, books, video games etc - the jedi are an institutionand just a core part of the universe and this is how they end? It's not just htat, what replaces them, a lone female - it's all just really disappointing.

So while I liked some of hte movies, even enjoyed watchign htem, the direction and plot do not make me excited about Star Wars - and that was the problem we face.

Question now remains, is with new Mandalorian developments, can they turn it around. Can they breathe life into all those dead ends they created - can they make what the sequels turned tou to be nsomething better because there is a grander scheme and start sending feelers into future plots?

The original EU had a lot of good characters and thigns, and while they would undoubtedly use some of that material and adopt it - and hthis is likely to mean characters, force abilities and locations, laents etc, can they weave a cohesive story once more and a future that actually will make me excited about star wars again?

That's what i wonder. Frankly I still think their best bet is is to destroy Rey's reality, and and she survives switching to an alternate relaity, the only remaining one, and into the past where the events of 7-9 don't happen (as told in a seires) till the real threat that destroyed her own reality comes to that universe and this time they have a fighting chance.

Ofc there are other things htey could do with the main timeline that will excite people considerably.

What if force ghosts who's bodies went to the force - like Yoda, Obi Wan, Luke are able to come back ? Either by will, for a second final life or two experience a mortal death or maybe something happens to the force and these guys and a few others come back or have no choice but to return to being corporeal beings as a new plot unfolds.

I thoroughly enjoyed this new season. Mandalorian is probably the best Star Wars content ever produced if you ask me. Still, I liked the first season a bit more; the story felt more small-scale which I liked a lot. Still, I only have 2 fairly small complaints; one, that they kind of dialed up the fanservice to 11 in the second half of the season with all the EU characters, and two that the Stormtroopers in this were if anything even more useless than in the movies, with the main characters massacring them by the dozens without breaking stride, killing all the tension out of their fight scenes. I ended up skipping these sequences as they offered little of interest TBH.

All that said, I'm stoked for season 3 and hope the Book of Boba Fett will be as good as this.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this new season. Mandalorian is probably the best Star Wars content ever produced if you ask me. Still, I liked the first season a bit more; the story felt more small-scale which I liked a lot. Still, I only have 2 fairly small complaints; one, that they kind of dialed up the fanservice to 11 in the second half of the season with all the EU characters, and two that the Stormtroopers in this were if anything even more useless than in the movies, with the main characters massacring them by the dozens without breaking stride, killing all the tension out of their fight scenes. I ended up skipping these sequences as they offered little of interest TBH.

All that said, I'm stoked for season 3 and hope the Book of Boba Fett will be as good as this.
    Basic troopers in the Empire have always been next to useless...they even joked about it with those two Scout troopers who had Grogu. Both of them shooting and completely missing the target. They're probably even more useless now as the remnant can't afford to be picky in anyways...taking anyone they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It likely was in THE script but not in the scripts given to some characters.

They were keeping in secret.
    Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. They [Disney] did the same when it came to Infinity War and Endgame, where they only gave the actors scripts for the scenes they were in. To the point that some of the cast members were given multiple fake full scripts just to annoy them. Also it wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happened in Star Wars. The big twist in Empire (Vader = Lukes dad) was not in the script when they filmed that scene. Mark Hamill talks about how he was told afterwards and had to keep it a secret.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-01-18 at 12:53 AM.