Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Need a good cry movie recommendation

I'm really needing to watch a good cry movie to get this feeling of a need to cry out of my system. A little background of me: I'm bipolar manic depressive 2. I get into moods where I feel like I need to cry because I'm on the verge of crying over every little thing but simply can't cry unless it gets pushed over the edge. Last year I was watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and during the season finale had me bawling in a good way because it was wonderfully done (anyone who watched it can understand what I'm talking about). I was watching the first episode of season 2 and it started giving me the need to cry vibe but never got me to that point. Now I want to watch something to get this out of my system so I'm turning to you guys for recommendations on some good cry movies.

Neverending story. If the swamp scene doesn't get you, nothing will.

Still Alice and Miss You Already are my two go too cry movies. Miss You Already especially. A lot of stuff with Toni Collette are good tear jerkers, In Her Shoes is another pretty good one that might get you. I loved Muriels Wedding, that one got me too.

Also I would add The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the end gets me every time.

Surprisingly also, the Great British Bake Off.

Oh and another one Instructions Not Included.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-01-17 at 10:04 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

It all depends on what you consider entertaining but if i'm in the mood for that, I think of movies like Titanic, Star Wars; Rogue One, Dallas buyers club, Contact, Stand by me, Awakenings, The Way Back, Schindlers List, The Pianist, Dances with Wolves, the Shawshank Redemption, 1408 (Stephen King movie but after you watch it, you will see what I mean), Amadeus, Dragonfly, Where the red fern grows, and even the end of the first Lord of the Rings movie gets me emotional with the music and ending dialogue.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-01-17 at 09:40 PM.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

If that movie doesn't make you cry, you're not human.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    It all depends on what you consider entertaining but if i'm in the mood for that, I think of movies like Titanic, Star Wars; Rogue One, Dallas buyers club, Contact, Stand by me, Awakenings, The Way Back, Schindlers List, The Pianist, Dances with Wolves, the Shawshank Redemption, 1408, Amadeus, Dragonfly, Where the red fern grows, and even the end of the first Lord of the Rings movie gets me emotional with the music and ending dialogue.
    Amadeus is one of my favorite films but I think it is triumphant & uplifting. :P

Forrest Gump

Nothing will ever beat The Green Mile in the 'feels'.

The opening of Up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Amadeus is one of my favorite films but I think it is triumphant & uplifting. :P
    That ending though is the tragedy of envy killing a genius (even though that is not what really happened), and F. Murray Abraham should have won an Oscar for the role. Oh...I just checked and he did
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-01-17 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Nothing will ever beat The Green Mile in the 'feels'.
    I'm not an easy cry but ya that one got me, also surprisingly Bridge to Terebithia if you like a more "kid" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

If that movie doesn't make you cry, you're not human.
    OMG I forgot about that movie, the look and walking of the dog at the end made me more sad than I thought I could be about a dog.

In the name of the Father with Daniel Day Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    A Silent Voice.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

If you can find this documentary from Chile, "Los maníacos del martillo." It'll make you cry for sure, it's about the Ukrainian serial killers, The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm really needing to watch a good cry movie to get this feeling of a need to cry out of my system. A little background of me: I'm bipolar manic depressive 2. I get into moods where I feel like I need to cry because I'm on the verge of crying over every little thing but simply can't cry unless it gets pushed over the edge. Last year I was watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and during the season finale had me bawling in a good way because it was wonderfully done (anyone who watched it can understand what I'm talking about). I was watching the first episode of season 2 and it started giving me the need to cry vibe but never got me to that point. Now I want to watch something to get this out of my system so I'm turning to you guys for recommendations on some good cry movies.
    Life is beautiful...

don't get fooled by the name. Amazing movie... terribly sad

And basically every movie with a gay main character... for some reason they are not allowed to have a happy ending in movies.

Also: Zoeys extraordinary playlist was... suprisingly heartwrenching. Did NOT expect that at all...
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-01-17 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Room (2015) (Not to be confused with the Tommy Wiseau movie)

My Sister's Keeper

The Fault in Our Stars

Gladiator

Forest Gump

I mean if you are as sensitive as me you'll cry at most movies
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-01-17 at 10:23 PM.