Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    You're an unusual player, then, and the game is probably not quite catered to you.

I'm at 200 item level, and I raid twice weekly and regularly run mythic+, dungeons, and do world quests and covenant activities. Of course, I am not striving to clear everything as quickly as possible. Maybe if you, in the next patch, just reduce how much you do in any given day, you can stretch out your activities. For example, you don't have to do every calling every single day. You could level an alt, too, for a while, exploring a different covenant.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Sounds like a you problem more than anything.
    S.H.

I cant take all the grinds anymore. srsly thinking about quitting

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    In my opinion the best loot for your character should always DROP from bosses in PvE. Not come from a weird magic box at the end of the week. I prefer the system where I defeat a challenging encounter and get a reward for it. The weekly box is so disconnected from the actual fight. I really dislike the concept overall. Even a Badge system is better because the end of dungeon boss gives you a reward that you can directly use. Not wait for a, again, box. The vault should be a safety net if you get unlucky, not be your primary source for the best loot, even heroic raiders get their best rewards not from a boss, but from a stupid box.
    This would make spamable stuff like pvp or m+ superior. Just like PvP is currently superior because you can choose the slot you upgrade...

Raiding is bad currently. It is much easier to spam 10 m+ then getting 7 or 10 mythic raid kills. We are 3/10... while some spam 14+ for weeks now. I was unlucky im vault, so i did some pvp to get a 207 weapon in pvp. I just dont get any weapon drop in raids or m+ or vault, despite of having 5-6 213+ options every week. 2-3 of them, probably up to 4 next week, will be ilvl 226... and i just get crap items.

PvP is the outlier. If i focussed all my time into pvp, i could buy up to 233 weapons. I wont because i dont like pvp/arenas that much... 1800 would be realistic with some effort. But honestly why am i forced to do 10 m+ and pvp to go raiding?
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-01-17 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    What grinds? This is the best it's been for several expansions. Hell Torghast is now optional if you're happy with your 1/2 legendaries, and with the covenant campaign being complete, the only thing required for player power outside of actual PvE/PvP content is those two Renown quests we get each week. Well, The Maw as well if you're mad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    They already have taken note, and this system is what we got since that was what players asked for.
    Most people complained about WF/TF/Corruption, which have been fortunately deleted for good. But I don't think almost anyone asked for a drastic reduction of loot all across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    What grinds are you talking about and ask yourself if they are grind you pressure yourself into doing because you can't stop, rather then the game being the issue.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But that should mostly go for shit content like Warfronts, Island Expeditions etc.

Raids and Dungeons (and pvp) are the main content of the game. If you don't basically enjoy doing them then there's not really much for the game to offer you.

I would do M+ even if it didn't give me any reward because I think it's fun to be on discord with my friends and push keys. If I didn't enjoy the main content of the game besides gear then I would quit right away.
    That's fair, but not many people think like that compared to the people who enjoys character progression.
    If you have fun progressing your character, it's possible to actually enjoy mediocre content.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Raid needs to award higher ilvl from vault
    m+ needs to drop more gear
    Raids drop higher ilvl in vault if you do harder content - mythic.
    HC is way easier than doing a tyranical 15 dungeon. We are casual HC only guild with mostly good players and we straight up one night raid right now already. You can get 220 in the vault from raid from the last two bosses.

Captain obvious to the rescue.. Blizzard wants you to keep your subscription active. Whether you log in for 1h/mo or 24/7 doesn't really matter much. Ok, that being said, on to the second obvious part. The game has never been an infinite well of content really, even those gotta catch em all people might eventually reach the end of the line. There isn't just too much that would be viable to do about that. Theoretically yes, they could recruit a massive team of developers to keep the quickest advancing and content starving players sated, but would such be good business? Hardly.

you aren't alone OP. My sub ends in about 2 weeks as well probably wont renew either.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Raids drop higher ilvl in vault if you do harder content - mythic.
    HC is way easier than doing a tyranical 15 dungeon. We are casual HC only guild with mostly good players and we straight up one night raid right now already. You can get 220 in the vault from raid from the last two bosses.
    We raid 1 night a week aswell and we are 9/10. But that doesnt change the fact that 213 ilvl doesnt make sense. Its the same ilvl the raid drops, where as m+ gives much, much higher ilvl in the vault(thats kinda the idea of the vault, not just an extra piece of loot but a higher ilvl one).

If you do a m+ 10 you get a 220 item in the vault. m+ 10 isnt harder then the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Most people complained about WF/TF/Corruption, which have been fortunately deleted for good. But I don't think almost anyone asked for a drastic reduction of loot all across the board.
    The reduction in loot is the influence of Classic's success.

[QUOTE=schwarzkopf;52953192]So you play Arcane mage too hey

My iLvl is 206 ... which means none of the raid content I can get into offers me any more gear anyway. So I'm just making sure I keep all the secondary stuff up to date so I don't fall behind with the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I said worse dps class not spec. If you play mage, you have the option to play fire and be desired in raid, mythic+ and pvp.

Other classes have no option for another spec to shine in any context.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go for castle mythic ? Go for M+ higher than 14+ ? Go PVP ? Go for alt ? Or dunno just dont play it if ur done >< Im playing like 3-5 days a week. Doin M+ high keys and a bit alting. I wish to have more free time to play :P

This is a weird take because I'm on the same scenario but the situation is completely different.

I'm 216 and right now only Sire drops upgrades for me.....so am I logging once a week to do one M+?

No,not at all.

1. I do mostly 4xM+ ( the week I have enough time I do 10)
    2. I do Torghast ( not capped at 8000).
    3. I do the renown requirements (replenish,lot souls..)
    4. I do Ve'nari weeklies ( haven't done a single daily).
    5. I do the conquest cap
    6. I do Sire + 6 bosses,wichever I kill first ( hey ,maybe the vault drops the item I want from Sire)
    7. I do gathering ( and audiobook and I could be there for hours)
    8. I do crafting ( making a killing with the 168 gear in my server)
    9. I do alts ( mostly for proffessions so it require leveling and getting Ve'nari rep).

Sure,some of those require a minimal ammount of time ( renown,Ve'nari weeklies,Torghast gets done in less than two hours a week for the main) but be aware that if they actually were a big time investment.....the outroar would be huge.

So the thing I'd like to point out is that you and me are in the same boat but our mentalities are completely different ( the part about being a M+ player but only doing one a week is confusing....are you so lucky with the great vault that you don't need options?).

It's not the game it's you. Even if you point that most of the thing I listed does not make you log...it is still you.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I said worse dps class not spec.
    And I said ---------->>>> <------------

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    If you play mage, you have the option to play fire
    I do not have that option.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nothing worth doing? You can do 10 +14 keys and massively increase your chances of something useful, you can do arena/rated bg's and see a huge leap in gearing (since pvp is by far the best way to gear). Have you farmed the maw for rep/stygia to upgrade conduits and buy sockets? Have you cleared your Torghast weekly or have you done a L18 Twisting?

There is a tonne of content in the game, absolute truckload but sure there are only limited gearing avenues. There is way way more stuff to do than at any point pre Legion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

There is literally stuff to do, you just don't want to do it.
    I am happy if i only have to log in for raid and mythic+.
    But, even that covers pretty much 5 out of 7 days, cause i know peeps who enjoy the activities. Even the timewalking raids have been fun.

Also i play more than one toon. I imagine you don't.
    So, this is a restriction you place on yourself.

You said yourself: you play only to gear up. Thus as of now if you can’t mythic raid you’re done until 9.1.