Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    I guess I deserved being responded in a toxic manner for saying outdated information instead of just telling me that the info is wrong. People are so quick to attack now...
    In this thread, there is more than 20 posts, probably, that says either warlock have shit interrupts or no interrupts. Which in both cases false when you compare them to other ranges. They have the same 24 sec as mages and hunters. SP interrupt has double the cd , and boomkin has a 1 min pillar silence, which one might argue is much more usefull with right set ups, not so much in other cases.

One fucking dude argued why people rather mages than warlocks because interrupts are "king". That was some big brain statement if i ever seen one. There are many ways that a mage can outperform warlock in m plus in general, interrupts is not one of them.

So when people say ignorant shit again and again, it gets to you. Mostly when this ignorant shit is some of the reason why warlocks have such an hard time finding groups in pugs. If you apply to me as a mage and if i kick you because I say "i need someone with a shorter interrupt so I am taking a hunter, kk bye!", you will think "this guy is a fucking moron".

What you did is similar, you try to correct people with outdated information that is factually false. Someone called you on it, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Unholy DK ranged from "kind of OK, they're decent enough I suppose" to "god mode with a /killall button" in BFA. Depended entirely on how good the tank and the party were at pulling and CC'ing. If you couldn't feed them enough mobs, they weren't spectacularly better than anybody else.
    Neither mages nor hunters are unholy DKs though. Their incredible AOE burst is still incredible if there's 3 targets or 10.

You still want bloodlust in a +6 key just like you do in the MDI. And warlocks don't have one.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2021-01-17 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Neither mages nor hunters are unholy DKs though. Their incredible AOE burst is incredible if there's 3 targets or 10.
    I think the point he was making that, a class might be amazing in very high keys due to x reason, but in low keys that x reason might not be utilized as much as high keys due to lack of knownladge of people that playing the keys or lack of skills the execute the pulls that the people are doing in very high keys. For all you know that class might be just average when its not utilized that way, but people will still not be able to tell the difference and prio those classes anyway.

Classes/specs becomes better/worse depending on the affixes/pulls/key level. Destro is pretty fucking good due to Cata +cdf combo in low keys, that doesn't mean it will be the same in higher keys. Thats applies to other classes also. Affli becomes better and better as keys/Ilvl becomes higher and higher.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and i'll put htis in caps for you IF THEY HAVE THEM, WHY DONT THEY USE THEM?, a players dps means nothing if a interrupt is missed and the rest of the grps is on cd and the lock didnt wana use theirs because "it gimps ma dips"

also that i gave you was referring to the type of person i have to deal with he just happened to be a lock on a tyrannical week he should be doing a lot of damage to whose worms

also im singling out warlocks here because alot of them dont know what kind of utility they have since the topic started with a lock not being invited to grps too many bad locks bringing the rest down.

while i've been pugging i have found many hunters that dont know what tranquilising shot counter shot or binding shot are never mind them using those abilites in m+

Let me put this in caps as well...WHAT KIND OF DUMB ASS QUESTION IS THAT ?? Did I suddenly turn into the daddy of ALL warlock. I can only speak for myself. I am affliction and I use the felhunter for interrupts. But it should not be only the warlock who interrupts. If any interrupts are going off in your party then you need to look at yourself and the others. Maybe except the healer can and should be interrupting. But then again your knowledge, that you have shown us, about warlocks is limiting and ridiculous. You probably think that the Cool down for our interrupts are 5 sec. O wait, I forgot, you thought warlocks had no interrupts in the first. I can't waste my time chatting it up with stupid trolls. This will be the last reply I give back to you. You are wayyyyyyy too dumb and ignorant for me to waste my time on.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    No.

Though I suppose 16s-17s are pretty low when there are people doing 20s. Have fun in your 14 weekly no leavers, buddy.
    Truth seems to hurt so much you need to jump into instant defensive mode. I do 19's with guildies/irls and 14's with pugs, I suggest u get friends if you wanna push your "high" keys lol. I'm not surprised people don't que for 16-17 because those are ineffective way to farm 10x weekly dungeons yet low if you actually want to push high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    meta, community is full of apes that have no brains. i had same issue as a resto druid, "nEED sHAMAN"

dont blame the community mate, blame blizzard for making so many classes "viable" its not "viable" its bloody mandatory, like rogue s3 bfa, log your rogue instant invite from 6 ppl off your bnet. blizzard purpously misbalance classes and make classes more viable so people can reroll and keep playing, its common sense, unfortunately what that means is the people who invest in characters deeply get shat on when there class is classed as unviable.

i too would not invite you, if i was still playing. its the game thats the problem, not the people declining you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Is the same what a mage can do but better I guess.
    mage has 18second aoe interupt (db) which is pretty damn retarded in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Counterspell has the same CD as Felhound interrupt, and mage has no interrupt or healthstones.

The only real benefit of bringing a mage instead of a lock is Time Warp, which is honestly the break considering the most popular hunter spec is MM and good luck trying to convince one of them to get a pet out to luat.
    Which is asinine because it's a whole 2% dps loss overall for the hunter but the list makes your group dps go up way more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Let me put this in caps as well...WHAT KIND OF DUMB ASS QUESTION IS THAT ?? Did I suddenly turn into the daddy of ALL warlock. I can only speak for myself. I am affliction and I use the felhunter for interrupts. But it should not be only the warlock who interrupts. If any interrupts are going off in your party then you need to look at yourself and the others. Maybe except the healer can and should be interrupting. But then again your knowledge, that you have shown us, about warlocks is limiting and ridiculous. You probably think that the Cool down for our interrupts are 5 sec. O wait, I forgot, you thought warlocks had no interrupts in the first. I can't waste my time chatting it up with stupid trolls. This will be the last reply I give back to you. You are wayyyyyyy too dumb and ignorant for me to waste my time on.
    ok so a few warlocks use utility, but why should i risk my keys wither it be 8 to 12 by bringing a class where MOST of their players dont utalise utility hoping i get 1 of that class that dose?

i can see many people thinking the same way, which is why the op as a lock isn't getting invited to high keys despite being qualified to do them.

as for making your own grp i'm not sure i think the same logic can be applied either that or it's on you.

despite the stigmatism and toxicity that bm hunters have gotten recently i have still been able to get my own groups going
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-01-17 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are inviting mages to your keys because you are too cheap to buy some fucking water from a vendor? Interesting. Ever heard of consumables where you are pretty much need to use on high keys, like invisi potions, for example? Let me guess to expensive want to bring a rogue.

Dude what is this forums man. Jesus christ.
    Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So you are inviting mages to your keys because you are too cheap to buy some fucking water from a vendor? Interesting. Ever heard of consumables where you are pretty much need to use on high keys, like invisi potions, for example? Let me guess to expensive want to bring a rogue.

Dude what is this forums man. Jesus christ.
    Me? Nope, I never do that, because I don't care about gold and think it's bad practice. And I'm not sure what's with your attitude. I'm simply answering your question.

That said, I know many people who do care about gold and want to save on consumables. And I can't blame them tbh. If they can save some money by inviting the right class then they're in every right to do so. It's their group after all. Disagree?
    Do I think it's bad practice? Sure.
    Does it matter what I think about them? Nope.

If you're having a hard time finding a group then you can always join a guild. There are plenty out there who will invite guildies over random people, no matter their class. And if you're a decent player, which I am sure you are, then you should have no issue joining one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    You spouted nonsense about there being tanks queueing for 14s. It's objectively false. Can sit in queue for 10-20 mins without a single tank queueing up.
    Afaik custom group finder still has something to do with server groups, so you're judging my experience as nonsense quite quickly when it could have something to do with those.

Also when I que with my tank alt, I will never que into the group if the leader has less than 1,3k rio. Why? Because there are plenty of higher rio groups in need of tank. So could have something to do with your score as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider.
    Because they can see my attitude before they invite me to the group? Now you are not even tring anymore it seems.

Jokes aside, everybody acts differently to different people. They also act differently in different environments. I am quite aggresive in forums because most of the people , in my opinion, believes in a thing and then comes with most asinine, insipid arguments to prove their "point". Its irrevelant that if the argument makes sense for them.

There is many reasons to take a mage to the group, they have very good burst aoe that requires no set up, they got time warp, they can ice block, etc. But then some dude comes from the woodworks and say something like "they have an better interrupt. also warlock dont have interrupt hur durrr.". Like what? Hello?

In groups however, I either don't talk if the group is a shitshow or I will say "please, dont argue, argue after the key". Its timed content, if you think that dude worth my time to type to him in the timed content when I am trying to TIME the keys, I don't know what to tell you. Suprisingly for you, also, I act differently to my friends,family, co-workers than people in this forum who just tries to be in the right by saying most misinformed, stupid shit sometimes. But generalizing someones behavior to make your "point" more valid seems to be easier to you.

But please before you answer anything I typed to you, do answer, how they see how i act on randoms before the invite? Defend your 3000 iq take for me will you?
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-17 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they can see my attitude before they invite me to the group? Now you are not even tring anymore it seems.

Jokes aside, everybody acts differently to different people. They also act differently in different environments. I am quite aggresive in forums because most of the people , in my opinion, believes in a thing and then comes with most asinine, insipid arguments to prove their "point". Its irrevelant that if the argument makes sense for them.

There is many reasons to take a mage to the group, they have very good burst aoe that requires no set up, they got time warp, they can ice block, etc. But then some dude comes from the woodworks and say something like "they have an better interrupt. also warlock dont have interrupt hur durrr.". Like what? Hello?

In groups however, I either don't talk if the group is a shitshow or I will say "please, dont argue, argue after the key". Its timed content, if you think that dude worth my time to type to him in the timed content when I am trying to TIME the keys, I don't know what to tell you. Suprisingly for you, also, I act differently to my friends,family, co-workers than people in this forum who just tries to be in the right by saying most misinformed, stupid shit sometimes. But generalizing someones behavior to make your "point" more valid seems to be easier to you.

But please before you answer anything I typed to you, do answer, how they see how i act on randoms before the invite? Defend your 3000 iq take for me will you?
    Where did I claim a 3000 IQ sport? I get it, you want people to feel sorry for you... I dont... Not Sorry.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Where did I claim a 3000 IQ sport? I get it, you want people to feel sorry for you... I dont... Not Sorry.
    So you were not able to answer? Let me break it to you, since you can't even read what you are writing it seems.

"Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider."

When the talk is about getting invited in pugs, %99.999 of the time the dudes dont know you. So they don't have a clue of how you act, period. Not before an invite at least. You make the 3000 iq statement of because you are "Toxic" in a forum post, the toxicity is the reason you are not getting invited. When people don't, can't and will not know that, even if I was the most toxic person in the world. Not only you make a asinine comment that has nothing to do how pugs invite, just to sound smart, you are incapable of making the connection when someone calls you on it.

Also, you are connecting how i argue with you in a forum, where I am a tad bit annoyed how most of the people giving the most clueless, ignorant replies sometimes like how warlocks "don't have interrupts" etc when they have the same interrupt cds as mages and hunters, to how every warlock act towards random people...

So , let me ask again, how does people know how i act at all before they invite me and never see or played with me before? How do they know I am "toxic"? Or are you saying most warlocks are toxic? What that does anything to do with anything in this thread which is mostly about how people invite people to their m pluses, in pugs? Why you try to defend your asinine comment via dodging my question?
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-17 at 10:17 PM.

So you were not able to answer? Let me break it to you, since you can't even read what you are writing it seems.

"Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider."

When the talk is about getting invited in pugs, %99.999 of the time the dudes dont know you. So they don't have a clue of how you act, period. Not before an invite at least. You make the 3000 iq statement of because you are "Toxic" in a forum post, the toxicity is the reason you are not getting invited. When people don't, can't and will not know that, even if I was the most toxic person in the world. Not only you make a asinine comment that has nothing to do how pugs invite, just to sound smart, you are incapable of making the connection when someone calls you on it.

Also, you are connecting how i argue with you in a forum, where I am a tad bit annoyed how most of the people giving the most clueless, ignorant replies sometimes like how warlocks "don't have interrupts" etc when they have the same interrupt cds as mages and hunters, to how every warlock act towards random people...

So , let me ask again, how does people know how i act at all before they invite me and never see or played with me before? How do they know I am "toxic"? Or are you saying most warlocks are toxic? What that does anything to do with anything in this thread which is mostly about how people invite people to their m pluses, in pugs? Why you try to defend your asinine comment via dodging my question?
    Most people are not looking at ilv since anything below a 1.4-1.5k doesn't really matter this week. Most look for highest completed for the dungeon in question. Very few want to risk someone who doesn't already have it timed on the level they are running.

Wait till next week when it's easy and you will see people lighten up a lot more. What is your ilv as well if I may ask? I know it's hard for people below 215 to get into groups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Most people are not looking at ilv since anything below a 1.4-1.5k doesn't really matter this week. Most look for highest completed for the dungeon in question. Very few want to risk someone who doesn't already have it timed on the level they are running.

Wait till next week when it's easy and you will see people lighten up a lot more. What is your ilv as well if I may ask? I know it's hard for people below 215 to get into groups as well.
    Oh, i already got the mount and got my achi, even did a few +16s. My I lvl atm is 218, and I will buy the boes (since why not got money), it will raise to 220 at the very least I assume, probably to 221-222 range if I am lucky with great vault. Dont think I will push keys for a while though, I find pvp at the very moment much more lucrative than anything else, also seems more fun. Unless they add a way to get 233 weapons from keys.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Honestly people don't want to talk in groups, when you finish a dungeon almost every single time the other 4 people leave immediately after, maybe saying ty before they go. Healers and tanks are the first to leave. Even when levelling this is the case. I always ask if people want to requeue again, but people arent interested in getting to know each other or playing with the same people and working together to achieve goals, it absolutely is something Blizzard should address. I can think of something off the top of my head right here right now that could be something that could help.

Perhaps if you random queue into a dungeon, then requeue with at least the majority of the group (3 members) for a second dungeon, there are extra rewards, xp bonuses, etc. Something needs to be done to persuade this behavior. It would be interesting to see if they could weave some kind of reset based bonuses to, to persuade the same people to queue the next week together. Again, that's just an idea off the top of my head but you get the idea and work with it and I'm sure you can come up with something that might work.
    There is also that the fact that some people don't want to be friend everybody they see in dungeons. I did added people in my dungeons here and then, but sometimes people come out as miserable, toxic, annoying etc. Even if you add 1 person from each run (highly unlikely imo, you would not be friends with 1 of 5 random dude in the street due different reason), that doesnt mean people will have magically fill their keys or get key invites since people play in different levels and times. They might be busy in the time you are doing keys etc.

Will it help that you add people in your friends list for future? Yes. Will it magically fill all your groups? No. So the pug experience still bloody matters in my book.

Oh, i already got the mount and got my achi, even did a few +16s. My I lvl atm is 218, and I will buy the boes (since why not got money), it will raise to 220 at the very least I assume, probably to 221-222 range if I am lucky with great vault. Dont think I will push keys for a while though, I find pvp at the very moment much more lucrative than anything else, also seems more fun. Unless they add a way to get 233 weapons from keys.
    Kinda envy the pvp option. I can't really find a group in any bracket for hunter above 1.7k they seem to just shun the class.

Not that I blame them though. We need some kinda tool or maybe a touch of burst though aimed shot doesn't feel good to play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Kinda envy the pvp option. I can't really find a group in any bracket for hunter above 1.7k they seem to just shun the class.

Not that I blame them though. We need some kinda tool or maybe a touch of burst though aimed shot doesn't feel good to play around.
    Rbg groups seems to be not so picky if you current rating macthes with the groups current rating. It is , imo, much more easier than arenas too. I am not so experienced in pvp, so I find rbg environment a bit easier than 3v3s.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Honestly people don't want to talk in groups, when you finish a dungeon almost every single time the other 4 people leave immediately after, maybe saying ty before they go. Healers and tanks are the first to leave. Even when levelling this is the case. I always ask if people want to requeue again, but people arent interested in getting to know each other or playing with the same people and working together to achieve goals, it absolutely is something Blizzard should address. I can think of something off the top of my head right here right now that could be something that could help.

Perhaps if you random queue into a dungeon, then requeue with at least the majority of the group (3 members) for a second dungeon, there are extra rewards, xp bonuses, etc. Something needs to be done to persuade this behavior. It would be interesting to see if they could weave some kind of reset based bonuses to, to persuade the same people to queue the next week together. Again, that's just an idea off the top of my head but you get the idea and work with it and I'm sure you can come up with something that might work.
    Really? Your groups don't all say hello? You don't initiate a hello? You don't thank or ask for a summons or ask if folks need one?

Look, I'm more than guilty of immediately taking off in a leveling dungeon and just pulling crap. Especially if I'm on a tank with a good amount of self healing - or really just any class provided the dungeon level is rather low. Then at the end of it just bailing, the exception being timewalking where if I get in with a good group and want the weekly quest done for my loot box I'll see if they want to run again.

We're not talking leveling dungeons though.

We're talking about M+, where at both keys low and high you talk things out to one degree or another.

Even if it's just killing the skull your group is communicating and at the end of it almost everyone will say "gg."

It's at that point or before the final boss that if you haven't been chatting in the group and it's gone well that you speak up and make some friends.

Regarding random groups though, I've often wished that they just had an "upvote" system, where at the end of a run you can upvote someone and if they also upvoted you then you have a higher chance of being paired with them in future dungeons.

No downvote, just an up.