Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...
    "Doing all the world quests"
    you... you do know only like 1/3 of the world quests give anima right? you dont need to do them ALL only some of them. and even then, thats 1000 way more then you need each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Well, that was the story for the campaign no?
    The drought, lack of Anima in the Shadowlands.

Jokes aside, I agree, Anima income could use a bit of a boost or you spend every day doing all the anima dailies to get what you want.
    Fortunately most uses are purely cosmetic so if your bored with farming for a while you can simply stop doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and for your Covenant upgrades your Soul income also rises every few weeks, but Anima income doesn't follow.
    Well, if you're playing every day and clearing the map the anima comes in pretty quick. Around week 3 or 4 I had to start looking for cosmetics to buy to keep from hitting the 35k reservoir cap while I was waiting to get more souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...
    Yeah, imagine playing the game instead of complaining the rewards are too expensive.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you... you do know only like 1/3 of the world quests give anima right? you dont need to do them ALL only some of them. and even then, thats 1000 way more then you need each day.
    I have never once gotten more than 600 anima from doing all the anima world quests in a day. So I'd love to know which ones you're doing for that extra 400 anima.

Isn't there meant to be a shortage?

Seems to be by design

yeh i found it weird that those world quest upgrades via renown only affected the gear and nothing else im sick of getitng death blossom form the herb abd alch wqs when i got to this weeks cap of 26 i was kind of expecting a variation of the herbs or atleast a higher amount getting 5 atherial meat from the cooking wq when they cost litery a gold each is a slap in the face

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    It's the new AP grind. Blizz got cute and didn't call it AP per se, and added multiple other currency grinds.

It's done to slow you down to distract you from the fact that there isn't really that much content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's the new AP grind. Blizz got cute and didn't call it AP per se, and added multiple other currency grinds.

It's done to slow you down to distract you from the fact that there isn't really that much content in the game.
    This is Shadowlands in a nutshell right here.

I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    Well I mean the story does say there is an anima drought and you are able to find drippings in places to slowly restore things. So perhaps they tied it to storyline means and as we progress in the story reactivating things, exploring, defeating the Jailer's lackeys we'll open up sources that increase the rate it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I have never once gotten more than 600 anima from doing all the anima world quests in a day. So I'd love to know which ones you're doing for that extra 400 anima.
    Depends on how many times you do them a day. If you only go through and do them once a day you can net about 800-1,000 per cycle with everything that is up.

Sometimes you will get some from your Anima Conductor Level 2 when you channel to the place that offers the World Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well another pretty good question is why is the amount of anima rewarded from world quests random? can be from 35-140 and I have not noticed a correlation between time on the quest and reward.
    Yeah this is a bit of annoyance. I wish that they would offer 70 at minimum (2 tokens). 35 anima feels bad at times since if you need the anima you feel like you need to do it for the small amount, but also doing the WQ doesn't feel like it is worth it =/

All the anima quests, genious.

Must we really pretend we aren't talking about anima?

And yes, it sounds like a horrendous task. Lets not forget these are not the kill 1 mob WQs we had. These take a long time and you will have to take your ground mount and flight path through the zones.
    Honestly the weekly 1k is enough torture.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-18 at 02:12 AM.

not really, there is usually about 1k a day from world quests alone
    THIS is simply false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Doesn't really feel rare and not really that bad as the person above me put.
    feelings are NOT facts. fact is there IS to lil anima to gain.

840 avail today after doing some wqs, unsure if also anima.

so yea...

Start of xpac, gotta make currency shitty to get
    9.3 will come and we'll drown in it don't worry.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

And yes, it sounds like a horrendous task. Lets not forget these are not the kill 1 mob WQs we had. These take a long time and you will have to take your ground mount and flight path through the zones.
    To be honest I thought the same, but it's not really that bad overall. With travel time and everything doing all the Anima WQ's take about 20-30 minutes. The longest time I spend is taking a FP from one zone to another. Blizzard needs to speed up the FP in that aspect as it can be a 3-5 minute flight alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    THIS is simply false.
    Except it's not. If you do your WQ's constantly throughout the day you won't notice it. If you do them once a day you'll notice you get about 800-1,000; more when 250 ones are up.

Technically there are plenty to get. The only reason it feels like it is little is because of all the things you can buy and wanting to buy them all immediately. You can get about 7K anima a week doing just the WQ's daily. That's not including extras you get from missions, rares, treasures, raids, dungeons, pvp, etc.

So the facts, as you put it, is that Anima isn't low on gains. It's in a pretty decent spot, but more would be nice. The problem is that you, and many others, want to be able to have everything capped at Level 3 and all the vendor items bought. At this point in time that isn't the goal.

If they made it so Level 2 and half the rewards wasn't obtainable until 9.1 and Level 3 and the other rewards in 9.2 then people wouldn't be complaining because they would have everything at Level 1 and all the obtainable rewards. Then we'd be hearing complaints on how they are swimming in Anima with nothing to spend. So then Blizzard would have to increase the amount needed for the future items.

Long story short you don't need everything now. Once you realize that it is a goal to work towards for the whole expansion you can look at it more objectively and see how everything is at a decent rate right now.

There's also the fact that some people are using Anima to upgrade their Campaign gear to 200's and then complaining they are low on anima that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    THIS is simply false.

- - - Updated - - -

It is 100% not false, i would show example but wowheads thing doesent show the animaworld quest amount, and i have already done a fair few, so i will need to wait till tuesday for the world quest big reset to show.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, all like... 10 quests, is that really too much to ask?
    yes we must pretend we arnt talking about anima cause you said "doing all the world quests" which is untrue.

and ok? many of these world quests take like 2 minutes, and if you have good travel strategies is hilariously fast.
    like "talk to 5 people, talk to 5 other people" and "do a 20 second falling minigame" and "fly around and click 10 cocoons" and kill 10 slimes, and sneak to the end of a path.

LOLOL "the 1k is enough torture" dude on Tuesdays i finish the 1k anima quest in 15 minutes usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

840 avail today after doing some wqs, unsure if also anima.

so yea...
    more if you had not done the 250 anima quest that spawned yesterday already.
    also more if you have warmode.
    for me from the leftover world quests i have yet to do yet, i can get 462, that is just from the 6 world quests leftover that drop 70 i have yet to do.

btw if yall want proof of how easy anima is to get, i got 35k anima like... i think 1 week after the raid came out? and that is with buyying building stuff, sending missions, healing minions once in awhile, etc. and no "excessive farming"

Excessive farming means- killing ALL the rares every day, looting all the treasures, doing M+ and pvp constantly.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-18 at 04:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics? I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    At first because I was avoiding the anima world quests. But I've been doing them each day and I am currently up to 6k after spending 5k on an upgrade this week. It still isn't that much considering the costs and all the cosmetics but I feel like it is a healthy amount. I still haven't done the dungeon weeklies and I usually skip the PvP ones because of not doing rated or arena.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

1. its not required like azerite and artifact power were, they literally are not even somewhat similiar, they are more so class/garrison resources, they have nothing to do with AP.

2. they literally called it ap, anima power...

3. "multiple other currency grinds" what?
    A. how are currencies bad, people have been asking for more progression less rng forever.
    B. what are all these other "grinded currencies"
    weve got soul ash for legendries, stygia for one vendor, anima for another, offerings for cosmetic stuff, what else, is 3 currencies, 1 of them optional really too hard for you to keep track of?

- - - Updated - - -

You have NEVER GOTTEN MORE THEN 600 IN A DAY!?

then you obciously are doing literally 0 world quests.
    cause there is days where there is TWO quests that give 250 each, thats 500 alone, then after that there is atleast 3-4 that gives 105, and 1-2 that give 140, then like 5-6 that give 70, if you really go "i do the 2 250, and then the 70, and then the rest dont exist..."

right now i can go and get 462, and ive already done most of the anima world quests already, as im only doing the ones above 70 at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Because, apparently, this bare bones joke of a feature with 2 recolors of a set and a mount we already get for free is supposed to last us for 2 years. Apparently
    you... you do know.. that there is gunna be patches added late right?
    we are not going to have the exact same game we have now, for the next 2 years...
    you serious?

For all of you who keep saying like "i cant get any wtf there is so little!"
    i finally got wowhead's list to work, here we go!

https://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/sl/na#list You can check yourself here if you cry that im lying.

70 a matter of stealth
    70 steward for every occasion
    105 bet on yourself
    70 express dominance
    70 flight school
    140 things remembered
    250 Oranomonos the everbranching
    140 Assault on the vestibule
    105 our heart will go on
    105 dirty job demolition detail

1125- and that is not including the covenent specific world quests in each zone, like in maldraxxus there is one for 140, another for 70. and another for 105 that overlaps with "bet on yourself" allowing you to get 210 instead of 105.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-18 at 05:55 AM.

Anima is same, as garrison/order hall/war resources. It's just common tendency, that Blizzard reduce it's income in every subsequent xpack. Back in WOD you were gaining it automatically. In Legion you needed to grind it directly, but there were good sources of it, that provided enough of it, while grinding it may be once a week. In BFA things became even worse. You needed to grind it directly and as it was needed for offline progress, it became completely pointless, because it was easier to grind things directly, than first grind resources and then use them to run offline missions. And now we have the same system. At least it gives some side bonuses now, like gear and upgrades. But you still need to grind it directly and it's still barely enough to run mission table. Pointless system. May be it's for guys, who're ready to grind 100% WQs 24/7? I just hope, that future patches will bring more anima sources, as it happened back in Legion, when new order hall resource WQ were introduced in later patches.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You guys are talking past eachother.

Grinding worldquests daily seems like a really sucky way to spend your time. They are boring and repetitive just objectively. That being said if thats content for some people then fair enough.

THe problem here is probably people who enjoy doing challenging content more so then brainless content. There should probably be a way of farming anima from dungeons and pvp for example.

Ya slow, got one of each buildings and that’s it, saving for a Mount now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i want to remind folks that this is entirely cosmetic. this isn't tied to player power. this is optional content, there is no pressure requirement to do it. i understand that it's exciting to see new stuff and feel gated by how much anima you need, but realistically, it's an optional thing.
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue
    Pretty sure everyone knows that mate