Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Turnover 4, the Saints did everything they could to make sure they lost.

Time for the media to suck off Brady and give him all the credit for the defense winning them the game.
    The Bucs pick-6 receiver was being mugged and there was a block in the back on the return.

Ugh. Saints why did you let us all down.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know both these Championships probably come down to "How Health is the 1 Seed?"

Don't see that too often.

Packers probably need to get the OT they signed from the Colts back to really feel safe against a full power Bucs defense. Chiefs obviously need the NFL to cheat Mahomes out of the concussion protocol to stand a chance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Must've been quite the thrill for the New Orleans quarterback to face an actual GOAT like Brady.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if the Bucs can overcome their regular season kryptonite there's hope for the packers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The Bucs pick-6 receiver was being mugged and there was a block in the back on the return.

Ugh. Saints why did you let us all down.
    The refs seemed to ignore a lot of things that would have normally been flags (though it wasn't just the Bucs getting away with things. Both teams could have had a lot more flags). There were multiple times I was legitimately surprised a flag a personal foul of some type.

Game came down to the turnovers bouncing the Bucs way. Was a pretty even game considering how the other two went. Guess the Saints missed Murray and Hill a lot more than they realized.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2021-01-18 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    The refs seemed to ignore a lot of things that would have normally been flags (though it wasn't just the Bucs getting away with things). There were multiple times I was legitimately surprised a flag a personal foul of some type.

Game came down to the turnovers bouncing the Bucs way. Was a pretty even game considering how the other two went. Guess the Saints missed Murray and Hill a lot more than they realized.
    You don't win with 4 turnovers. Not in the Regular Season, not in the Playoffs.

Taysom for sure. He was such an X factor for the few plays a game he was in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nope, you turn it over that much and put your defense in short fields the other team is going to score a lot of points.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW! Breaking right now the Chargers are hiring the cross-town Rams' DC as their next coach.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1351000820381265922

WOW! Breaking right now the Chargers are hiring the cross-town Rams' DC as their next coach.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1351000820381265922
    That is an amazing hire, I know people were saying he was a year off, but that is quite the steal of a HC imo.

The fact that the Saints were able to keep it so close despite how much they'd turned the ball over already was pretty impressive. They almost over came the first two, but those last two were backbreakers.

And they're already all-but slotting the Bucs in the Super Bowl. As a Vikings fan, the fact that I'm rooting for the Packers just feels wrong but here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That is an amazing hire, I know people were saying he was a year off, but that is quite the steal of a HC imo.
    For a defensive guy it's definitely the best spot to land. Offense is ready to go just plug in a competent OC, QB is solved, you've got a stud in Bosa.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that the Saints were able to keep it so close despite how much they'd turned the ball over already was pretty impressive. They almost over came the first two, but those last two were backbreakers.

And they're already all-but slotting the Bucs in the Super Bowl. As a Vikings fan, the fact that I'm rooting for the Packers just feels wrong but here we are.
    Bucs-Packers 2 is gonna be won in the trenches. Can the Packers' banged up OLine do what they did to the Rams again? If so, they should win handily. If not, we might see a repeat of earlier this season.

Also hey it's the closest we'll ever get to Brady-Rodgers in the Super Bowl. Finally.

For a defensive guy it's definitely the best spot to land. Offense is ready to go just plug in a competent OC, QB is solved, you've got a stud in Bosa.
    Yeah that is a team that is going to be on the rise soon. Even an average coach had a shot at getting that team in the playoffs with that roster.

One thing that did occur to me, though, and the only scenario with the Bucs in the Super Bowl I'd like to see.

How awesome would it be to see the Bill's win their first Super Bowl by running roughshod over the Bucs and the QB who tormented them for so long?

Yeah considering how badly the Saints played on offense, lack of targets/catches by Thomas still stands out to me as the biggest mistake of the gameplan to still be in that game until the 4th turnover says a lot about that team and just how talented they were. It is a real shame in the past 4 years with that roster how the playoffs have ended. I think the window is slamming shut soon though with the cap situation and Brees likely being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah considering how badly the Saints played on offense, lack of targets/catches by Thomas still stands out to me as the biggest mistake of the gameplan to still be in that game until the 4th turnover says a lot about that team and just how talented they were. It is a real shame in the past 4 years with that roster how the playoffs have ended. I think the window is slamming shut soon though with the cap situation and Brees likely being done.
    Yep. Hill isn't a good starting QB (I've thought that since he was at BYU). He's great for how the utilize him currently, but I think that mostly works because they have Brees as well. Winston might have improved since his eye surgery (that was a beautiful pass by him), but haven't seen enough of him to say.

They have enough really good young players, especially on defense, that I think they could rebuild fairly quickly, but the fact that they just couldn't get past the NFCC the last few years is crazy with the players they've had.

Chargers are allegedly hiring Rams DC Brandon Staley. Not going to lie, not feeling this one. Would think you’d try and find Herbert an offensive HC to work with.

Thinking through it a bit more, could definitely see it working if they can still find a solid OC to create something with Herbert. That defense should be filthy if it can stay healthy.
    Last edited by Smash Adams; 2021-01-18 at 03:20 AM.

Yep. Hill isn't a good starting QB (I've thought that since he was at BYU). He's great for how the utilize him currently, but I think that mostly works because they have Brees as well. Winston might have improved since his eye surgery (that was a beautiful pass by him), but haven't seen enough of him to say.

They have enough really good young players, especially on defense, that I think they could rebuild fairly quickly, but the fact that they just couldn't get past the NFCC the last few years is crazy with the players they've had.
    The problem is some of those young players are due for second contracts and Brees cap hit when he is done will be pretty large as well. I don't see Taysom being a starting QB but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think Winston/Taysom/X guy could be good enough with Kamara/Thomas and that defense to make noise though. I'm also looking to see Jared Cook be gone, just frustrated me to no end this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Bucs-Packers 2 is gonna be won in the trenches. Can the Packers' banged up OLine do what they did to the Rams again? If so, they should win handily. If not, we might see a repeat of earlier this season.

Also hey it's the closest we'll ever get to Brady-Rodgers in the Super Bowl. Finally.
    In theory, if you can stop Donald and company you should be able to stop anyone. But who knows if the Packers can repeat last week. I'd definitely say the Rams are hands-down the better defense overall, but it's possible that the Bucs scheme is just a bigger mismatch for the Pack than the Rams. Will be interesting to see if the Packers learned someone from last time or if last week was just a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Chargers are allegedly hiring Rams DC Brandon Staley. Not going to lie, not feeling this one. Would think you’d try and find Herbert an offensive HC to work with.
    I think it is a smart hire, focus on that defense and find the right OC to handle that offense, you have an amazing QB on a rookie deal going into year 2. That team is on the rise and I think the hire was a good choice.

jesus brady is really get his seventh? who can even stop them