Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To be honest the nightfae don't really seem like they belong in the story. Every other realm is tied to mortal souls and the process of defending and or maintaining the afterlife.

Nightfae weirdly focus on demi god like beings and don't really seem to connect to the overall theme of the rest. It feels like they got slotted in a lot more then the other three. I like the zone but their connection to the overall theme seems more contrived then the rest.
    Night Fae are about taking care of mortal souls who are likely to be reborn, loa, wild gods, demigods, etc.

To be honest the nightfae don't really seem like they belong in the story. Every other realm is tied to mortal souls and the process of defending and or maintaining the afterlife.

Nightfae weirdly focus on demi god like beings and don't really seem to connect to the overall theme of the rest. It feels like they got slotted in a lot more then the other three. I like the zone but their connection to the overall theme seems more contrived then the rest.
    Ardenwaeld is the zone that Loa go to when they die to recuperate. Bwonsamdi has the greatest connection with this zone due to this. If he was going to connect his pocket realm to a zone which would you suggest over the it?
    Last edited by Drattz; 2021-01-18 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    Ardenwaeld is the zone that Loa go to when they die to recuperate. Bwonsamdi has the greatest connection with this zone due to this. If he was going to connect his pocket realm to a zone which would you suggest over the it?
    I think the story works as a self contained adventure just overall it doesn't really feel connected to the current story beyond fan call backs.

I think the story works as a self contained adventure just overall it doesn't really feel connected to the current story beyond fan call backs.
    A large chunk of it deals with Mueh'zala who is working with the jailer. It doesn't interact with the other zones as much as the others do but you are dealing with a powerful minion of the jailer who is trying to usurp the powers of other Loa.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The covenant that connects to Bwonsamdi, Voljin, Ysera, the Druust, Tyrande, the Night Warrior, and the burning of Teldrassil doesn't feel connected? I won't mention the Horned Hunter's identity....yet. Plenty of connects to the current and past stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The covenant that connects to Bwonsamdi, Voljin, Ysera, the Druust, Tyrande, the Night Warrior, and the burning of Teldrassil doesn't feel connected? I won't mention the Horned Hunter's identity....yet. Plenty of connects to the current and past stories.
    To the past... the current though?

It kind of feels more like its plugging up a few of the plot holes from bfa rather then being about sl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the past... the current though?

It kind of feels more like its plugging up a few of the plot holes from bfa rather then being about sl.
    The campaign sends you into the Maw and Torghast so it stills feels like a Shadowlands story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The campaign sends you into the Maw and Torghast so it stills feels like a Shadowlands story.
    Yeah, no. The NF campaign feels like it is trying to resolve several unanswered questions from the BfA storyline, rather than approaching the story of Shadowlands proper. For starters, NF has (so far) the least interactions with the other covenants, which make it feel quite isolated from the rest of the story. Even the part when they send you to the Maw/Tor'ghast feels like tacked on and put there purely out of gameplay needs.

I mean, someone in the writing team had to come on record saying that the key that keeps the Jailor locked (omegalul) is kept by the Winter Queen, in order to try to stitch the NF story into the general narrative. For what we know so far, there is no reason for the key to be kept precisely in Ardenweald instead of, say, Bastion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.