Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    What is that addon that lists wq's like that?
    WorldQuestsLists
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    WorldQuestsLists
    Thanks

10char

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's not unlikely that there will be some sort of increase to the anima items, just like how in Legion the AP items would gradually increase over time.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's not unlikely that there will be some sort of increase to the anima items, just like how in Legion the AP items would gradually increase over time.
    In Legion and BfA AP increased because it was used to ugprade your gear with continously higher prices.

In SL Anima is purely for cosmetic items that have static prices. There's no reason at all to increase its gains, aside form maybe a couple sources which feel kind of underwhelming, such as m+
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

In Legion and BfA AP increased because it was used to ugprade your gear with continously higher prices.

In SL Anima is purely for cosmetic items that have static prices. There's no reason at all to increase its gains, aside form maybe a couple sources which feel kind of underwhelming, such as m+
    Remember you are comparing a full expansion to the first patch

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not really, there is usually about 1k a day from world quests alone if you wanna do them all thats 7k a week, then ontop of that ones from weekly quests, dailies, rares, treasures, bonus from warmode, pvp, M+, raid, etc.
    Forgive me for not wanting to spend 2 plus hours doing boring world quests and actually wanting to get a decent amount from raiding M+ and pvp

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Remember you are comparing a full expansion to the first patch
    Making anima almost purely (or 100% purely) cosmetic was a conscious design choice caused by people's annoyance at AP systems. It's not gonna change in later patches. Blizzard clearly decided to cater for people who don't want to grind world content to increase player power, it's extremely unlikely that this will change.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just wait it out. 9.1 or 9.2 they'll buff it. Right now they're just farming people's time.
    This. This whole first patch is designed in it's entirety to virtually extend people's playtime as much as possible, whether it's the utter garbage transportation between the zones, how long and annoying each single worldquest can be, the gear scarcity, anima amounts. Hell even the smallest things such as having to pickup your calling quest from your covenant first before doing the worldquests, THEN needing to fly all the way there again to deliver it once done.. (also no covenant HS is intended for the same reason).. etc etc. It's all to keep people on the hamster wheel and have their running subs as long as possible.

Am I the only one seeing the same WQ for like 1 single 35 anima and at times and then 4 at others? Unless it's a vehicle combat wq or something similarly quick, I don't bother unless a 3x or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    I'm guess that they learned their lesson from WoD (players burned through the casual content of the garrison in a couple months since garrison resources were unlimited). Shadowlands has a lot of great casual content but since anima is rare it'll take us a long time to earn all of it. Perhaps they'll buff it down the road when a new patch comes out.

I dread to think of acquiring Anima on alts (Got none into SL yet)... it's already a bit much as a Collector to grab stuff on my Main alone... :|

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    btw if yall want proof of how easy anima is to get, i got 35k anima like... i think 1 week after the raid came out? and that is with buyying building stuff, sending missions, healing minions once in awhile, etc. and no "excessive farming" .
    Said the necrolord with their fucked up conductors that gave them daily 2x250 to 1000 up until 4th of january. Hilarious. How can be someone this disingenous. Jeeez.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...he_anima_that/

"For Necrolord, I'm getting at least one quest for 500 Anima almost every day, often times 2 quests for 1000. I'd say on average it's probably 700 Anima per day. For Venthyr, I've seen 4 or 5 quests that gave any Anima at all in 2 weeks, and it's only 1 to 3 pieces of 35.

For the last 5 days, I wrote down exactly what I was offered: Necrolord 500, 1000, 1000, 500, 1000 ; Venthyr 0, 0, 105, 105, 0. That's 4000 Anima compared to 210."
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-18 at 08:21 AM.

Making anima almost purely (or 100% purely) cosmetic was a conscious design choice caused by people's annoyance at AP systems. It's not gonna change in later patches. Blizzard clearly decided to cater for people who don't want to grind world content to increase player power, it's extremely unlikely that this will change.
    I agree that seems likely. They could still more more cosmetic/random stuff to use anima for and give it a bonus modifier though.

What i mean is that people saying we have the full expansion to scrape in for the cosmetics dont have to be right about that

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Said the necrolord with their fucked up conductors that gave them daily 2x250 to 1000 up until 4th of january. Hilarious. How can be someone this disingenous. Jeeez.

"For Necrolord, I'm getting at least one quest for 500 Anima almost every day, often times 2 quests for 1000. I'd say on average it's probably 700 Anima per day. For Venthyr, I've seen 4 or 5 quests that gave any Anima at all in 2 weeks, and it's only 1 to 3 pieces of 35.

For the last 5 days, I wrote down exactly what I was offered: Necrolord 500, 1000, 1000, 500, 1000 ; Venthyr 0, 0, 105, 105, 0. That's 4000 Anima compared to 210."
    I've never seen more than 280 anima quests and 280 are very rare - most quests are 70.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've never seen more than 280 anima quests and 280 are very rare - most quests are 70.
    You mean as a necrolord with tier 2 anima conductor before january 4th? Because it was a thing. Look at the picture there in the reddit post. Or google it. It was a thing.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it feels bad, I've got 4 characters at 60 now and I'm running low now. I haven't bought any cosmetic items at all yet but don't really have any plans to until I can upgrade my sanctum a little. My main has a Tier 3 Portal Network due to the Maldraxxus Anima Conductor quests (nerfed to the ground) but my Druid still doesn't have it's Portal Network unlocked at all.

I suppose I'm chosing to focus on sending Missions out for rewards now rather than ignoring missions. But I feel World Quests are poor and unless the WQ is 105/140 Anima it's semi pointless for the grind of travelling to/from and longer WQs in general than BFA/Legion (kill quests).

I think I saw on Twitter someone saying in Beta rewards were higher and Callings gave some. I mean, Callings giving 250 would be great IMO. TBH them giving anything would be better
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    You can only gain enough anima for your desire if you grind m all every day.
    Anima drops should increase by 3x.
    I want to play an alt instead of grinding anima for hours Blizz.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

They shouldn't increase anima from m+ or raiding, since it's mostly a cosmetic currency, they should increase the amount from WQs, rares and treasures only, also have each calling give an anima reward as well, like 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    Lorewise, literally every zone is going through an anima drought, in case you weren't paying attention.

Mechanically, it's designed to be something to work towards for the entirety of an expansion, which is safe to assume would be about 2 years. Nothing from it is required at all, and it's pretty quick and easy to get the weekly 1000 for renown ranks for the eventual unlocking of Flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...
    Most of the time you wouldnt even get 1k doing that, you'd need to get really luck with the WQ's.

Felplague is just full of shit and always exaggerates things in blizzards favor. Notice how they mention other forms of content all of which give a near none-existant pitance of anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Lorewise, literally every zone is going through an anima drought, in case you weren't paying attention.

Mechanically, it's designed to be something to work towards for the entirety of an expansion, which is safe to assume would be about 2 years. Nothing from it is required at all, and it's pretty quick and easy to get the weekly 1000 for renown ranks for the eventual unlocking of Flying.
    Correction. There WAS a draught but you solve a major part of that problem by levelings end. They say repeatedly that the draught was manufactured by Sire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post

Dont forget they still have the "bet on yourself" daily for free anima that no one else gets.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg