Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Besides, having him KS the LK from Sylvanas (you know, the character whose sole purpose since its introduction was to take revenge on the LK) did certainly rub me the wrong way.
    I'll never not be secretly butthurt about that kek. Such is the way of WoW, characters never get what they want or deserve and nothing is fair. This is why nelf players make me laugh with their naive demands to have Tyrande kill Sylvanas because "nelves need to have their revenge!". Sweeties, world of Warcraft (hue) has never been fair to its characters, life on Azeroth sucks, deal with it like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It definitely don't, the game is completely different from GOT, we don't need the appeal to shock to make something good, we almost don't have characters to do that kind of thing and the devs are not competent enough
    Soooooo cringe.

Also you realise developers dont write story y?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That's just you though.
    That's a lot of people by the way. Anduin pisses off way too many people as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    That's a lot of people by the way. Anduin pisses off way too many people as of late.
    How?

I mean i've seen people on here complain that they think he is gay but i assumed most rational people just ignored them.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    How?

I mean i've seen people on here complain that they think he is gay but i assumed most rational people just ignored them.
    His gay/not gay stuff annoys a bit, but seriously I don't give two fucks about it, story can't be much worse than it is already.
    But Anduin's evergreen rightfulness and pure infallibility annoy as hell. He is just never wrong, he is always so morally perfect and radiant that it hurts. I'd gladly see him die/getting corrupted, for a good reason though. But I doubt present WoW writers are capable of pulling off something even remotely like Arthas arc (even though that arc itself was a 'borrow' from Darth Vader one).

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Wasn't burning Teldrassil and all its citizens pretty much that?
    I agree with that. It's on the same level of surprise and awfulness.

The only reason players don't see it that way is the way the story was delivered, with heavy teasing during Blizzcon and datamining that followed before anything was even accessible in the game. The reason the Red Wedding is that powerful, both in the book and the series, is the surprise, not much else. Killing a bunch of beloved characters was not new, and is not new in WoW either.

Another big dramatic event that shook up the story was the bombing of Theramore, but the fact that it was mainly delt with in a book was a mistake for players that don't read the books. The death of Rhonin should have been really important, as he's one of the biggest characters of the story to this point (albeit a mainly "book character").

I don't see another big event like this in the coming story, as there is not really any setup for that right now. It's quite clear that main characters in Shadowlands are not safe at all, being tortured and Anduin on the verge of being converted by force. Even Bolvar with his connection to the Maw is in danger. It'll not be surprising at all if anything bad happen to them. It doesn't mean it would shake up the story, but it's not "Red Wedding" style.

His gay/not gay stuff annoys a bit, but seriously I don't give two fucks about it, story can't be much worse than it is already.
    But Anduin's evergreen rightfulness and pure infallibility annoy as hell. He is just never wrong, he is always so morally perfect and radiant that it hurts. I'd gladly see him die/getting corrupted, for a good reason though. But I doubt present WoW writers are capable of pulling off something even remotely like Arthas arc (even though that arc itself was a 'borrow' from Darth Vader one).
    I'm not convinced you are right about that. We havent really seem him in any morally ambigeus situations yet. Most of it has been pretty dry cut situations where most people would make the same choices he did

I'm not convinced you are right about that. We havent really seem him in any morally ambigeus situations yet. Most of it has been pretty dry cut situations where most people would make the same choices he did
    That's also what I'm talking about. He lives in a sterile world, where others do all the dirty stuff for him. Anduin makes only good and kind deeds. Writers intentionally keep him as wonderboi who is always right. He doesn't have any bad traits, such as Genn or Tyrande. Hell, even Velen had some internal conflict in Legion, but not Anduin, never!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye its time baine bites the dust honestly. I would say give that highmountain chick full controll and fuse the high mountain and tauren into 1 clan and make them badass.

Looking at Baine in Oribos sitting there like some damn powerless child speaks volume. I also wouldnt mind killing of Jaina, she is everywhere. She is inconsistant that makes me annoyed for her. From an OP arcane ship and able to teleport and do all these thing and the next day she is screaming for help and doesnt know how to teleport or shoot a fireball.

We are with certain charactersso long and with no renwed purpose to goals some feel out of place or completely useless. Thrall, baine and jaina are my top useless characters right now. Thrall is probably still looking for a weapon in the maw derp-.-

7+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo cringe.

Also you realise developers dont write story y?
    dunno man, always though Danouser and his crew are devs, developers of the story, but if you have another name you can say.

And after BFA and the blatantly copy paste of mop plot i stick with what i said

Killing off someone won't do much, especially when it's Anduin or Jaina. Turning Anduin evil on the other hand is a welcome twist as his character progression is non-existent and he needs something.

Turning Jaina evil doesn't change anything, they tried that and it didn't work out.

Make Anduin the new Lich King, Jailer or whatever, make him a psychotic Shadow version of himself, let the Void devour him... something. He's so bland, useless and boring for the last couple of expansions, he needs character development and not more pandering.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-01-18 at 11:04 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    The reason the Red Wedding is that powerful, both in the book and the series, is the surprise, not much else. Killing a bunch of beloved characters was not new, and is not new in WoW either.
    Red Wedding wasn't even that in the books. Robb was pretty much a side character in the books (he wasn't even a PoV Character), he was much more prominent in the tv series.
    And Cat still exists in the book, in some lord-of-light undead form. They never put that into the tv series afaik.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Killing off someone won't do much, especially when it's Anduin or Jaina. Turning Anduin evil on the other hand is a welcome twise as his character progression is non-existent and he needs something.

Turning Jaina evil doesn't change anything, they tried that and it didn't work out.

Make Anduin the new Lich King, Jailer or whatever, make him a psychotic Shadow version of himself, let the Void devour him... something. He's so bland, useless and boring for the last couple of expansions, he needs character development and not more pandering.
    The thing with jaina is that she is untouchable. Everytime she appears we know it will be fine. That feeling is bad and boring for the story to move forward. Nothing happends. Even her boss fight was meaningless as she just teleports away and next day she was in OG honoring saurfang. She is beyond boring at this point. More like a cockblock to propell the story to something new.

Anduin going rogue would be a nice twist, but not the arthas route please. It would be a tad to.. convenient. I rather see him snap into full shadowform and shows whos the boss vs sylvanas. Him going death knight or jailer route would be a Arthas copy and would feel meaningless as well if you ask me.

But every character doesn't need to become Arthas for Warcraft to be good. Why repeat the same thing over and over again ? It's quite poor for the new character and it takes away uniqueness to the older one.

I personnally think it's more than okay to have a lawful good character like Anduin. This type of people exist and can be interesting to follow, because it can convey powerful messages to people, in the game and IRL. I get that we live in a terrible world, with a lot of terrible people, but not everything in entertainment needs to be dark and edgy. We have other character like that already and Anduin doesn't need to become morally corrupted. Characters like Bolvar who fell from grace after becoming the Lich King or Turalyon whose belief in the Light and zealotry starts to show a darker side in him. There is a place for Anduin to stand on his own. Him being a beacon of light and hope is perfectly valid. I personally find his depiction in the BFA cinematic quite moving and beautiful, him showing emotion and being able to inspire his people, unite them (Sylvanas unite the Horde with her violence, Anduin does it by healing them). His use of diplomacy with Saurfang and now Sylvanas is welcomed, in my mind, to have a more interesting and deep storytelling. The fact that he's starting to develop an edge with the latest book and now his interactions with Sylvanas is interesting, and I hope it doesn't take away too much of his good side.

As for the remark of Anduin being gay, this is purely headcanon and fanfiction. It's not part of his story right now so I don't understand how it could annoy or upset anyone. I personally think it's more than fine if people like the idea of him being gay and feel represented, but it's quite obvious that Blizzard is not ready (and maybe never will be) to explore the sexuality of this character. And it's fine too. We shouldn't pressure Blizzard to "make" Anduin anything, the same way we shouldn't assign label to people because of the way they act or the way we perceive them. If, in the end, Anduin turns out to be gay, I'll be happy to see that story unfold and add to the Warcraft story. For now, I'm find with the story we're getting, full of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The thing with jaina is that she is untouchable. Everytime she appears we know it will be fine. That feeling is bad and boring for the story to move forward. Nothing happends. Even her boss fight was meaningless as she just teleports away and next day she was in OG honoring saurfang. She is beyond boring at this point. More like a cockblock to propell the story to something new.

Anduin going rogue would be a nice twist, but not the arthas route please. It would be a tad to.. convenient. I rather see him snap into full shadowform and shows whos the boss vs sylvanas. Him going death knight or jailer route would be a Arthas copy and would feel meaningless as well if you ask me.
    I mean, making him Jailer / Arthas 2.0 would still be better than having him as the good boy king.

Giving him more progression in that sense would be overall better though, e.g. Stormwind is near the complete destruction and to save it he needs to embrace the Void. By sacrificing himself and falling into the Shadows he can save his own people - after that he's just fallen and sort-of-evil; that would be something Anduin actually would do.

About Jaina... she earned that point honestly. Maybe move her out of the spotlight like they did with Thrall when he was in the same position, but don't kill her off. Having Thrall back in Shadowlands is a bad choice as well, if you ask me. He just should have stayed away. Something similar can happen to Jaina.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

no, catering to GoT-hype killed so many good characters and left flat characters as center of the story
    i believe we all gonna love Anduin soon

i remember Arthas was a flat spoiled prince dude before Frostmourne, typical King Arthur kind of character
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2021-01-18 at 11:14 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean, making him Jailer / Arthas 2.0 would still be better than having him as the good boy king.

Giving him more progression in that sense would be overall better though, e.g. Stormwind is near the complete destruction and to save it he needs to embrace the Void. By sacrificing himself and falling into the Shadows he can save his own people - after that he's just fallen and sort-of-evil; that would be something Anduin actually would do.

About Jaina... she earned that point honestly. Maybe move her out of the spotlight like they did with Thrall when he was in the same position, but don't kill her off. Having Thrall back in Shadowlands is a bad choice as well, if you ask me. He just should have stayed away. Something similar can happen to Jaina.
    Both thrall and jaina are on a spot that they either need to go or leave it to the rest. If we go and say certain characters have priveleges then that is bad for the story imo, so no I dissagree big time on that opinion m8. No one should have that. The game has to many plotarmors already. I hope they still have the abillity to surprise the playerbase and not go for all obvious signs. Looking at you sylvanas lightning that tree. Jaina served her story and I am more a fan of getting rid of characters.. the alliance are in need of some spice. Jaina is one of the problems imo.

Also no to death knight anduin, been there, done that. I prefer my own option for anduin to use hes shadow powers in this case. Something we havent seen yet, I know we have shalamourne now, but who says he will use it and become arthas 2.0. I think he wont. Hence why I think my option seems like a better option. Atleast I hope.

I mean they didnt just make Sylvanas hesitate in the last cinematic just for the kicks right ... like you truly believe that? He will use hes plotarmor.. he will snap. I mean it has to happen at this point. Atleast thats my opinion.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-18 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jailer want to make Anduin another one LichKing. He used Sylvanas to bring him and a lot of souls to the Maw. Jailer know Anduin is using light > elune > azeorth ? "Azeroth is the 1st one" Jailer want the Azeroth. Probably he was kiked out from job to the Maw. He was on Arbiters place before. The very possible twist is Sylvanas redemption against Jailer ><

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    But every character doesn't need to become Arthas for Warcraft to be good. Why repeat the same thing over and over again ? It's quite poor for the new character and it takes away uniqueness to the older one.

I personnally think it's more than okay to have a lawful good character like Anduin. This type of people exist and can be interesting to follow, because it can convey powerful messages to people, in the game and IRL. I get that we live in a terrible world, with a lot of terrible people, but not everything in entertainment needs to be dark and edgy. We have other character like that already and Anduin doesn't need to become morally corrupted. Characters like Bolvar who fell from grace after becoming the Lich King or Turalyon whose belief in the Light and zealotry starts to show a darker side in him. There is a place for Anduin to stand on his own. Him being a beacon of light and hope is perfectly valid. I personally find his depiction in the BFA cinematic quite moving and beautiful, him showing emotion and being able to inspire his people, unite them (Sylvanas unite the Horde with her violence, Anduin does it by healing them). His use of diplomacy with Saurfang and now Sylvanas is welcomed, in my mind, to have a more interesting and deep storytelling. The fact that he's starting to develop an edge with the latest book and now his interactions with Sylvanas is interesting, and I hope it doesn't take away too much of his good side.
    Of course not every character needs to be Arthas-like to be cool. We see quite nice characters of Thrall (pre-Cata), Grom, Tyrande and Malfurion, Jaina (pre-BfA) - they all differ from Arthas path and all are more or less cool. It is because they have some development of their characters, motives etc. Anduin just has no development at all - he is the constant of light, joy, happiness, rightfulness, perfect golden boy-king who wields infinite eternal wisdom. This is just boring and stale. It is good for an ending of some story, where 'happily ever after' happens and story ends (just like Lord of the Rings did). But in ever-changing game story having such stale and bland character is wasteful imo. And I see here in this thread plenty of same thoughts. So it is not just my personal bias towards Alliance or Anduin or w/e.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Jailer want to make Anduin another one LichKing. He used Sylvanas to bring him and a lot of souls to the Maw. Jailer know Anduin is using light > elune > azeorth ? "Azeroth is the 1st one" Jailer want the Azeroth. Probably he was kiked out from job to the Maw. He was on Arbiters place before. The very possible twist is Sylvanas redemption against Jailer ><
    Ye this theory has been around for some time now, but seems more like you just repeated what every one already said, but then it short.

Dont get what you mean with the elune part. You thought lets throw that in there as well since many people talk about elune? Lol