Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Dating apps are starting to ban people who participated in the terrorist attack on the Capitol. It's truly a shame for all the single women out there, the shaman guy with the horns and fur vest was a real catch, he would've made some woman real happy someday.
    Well, he is going to be making someone happy soon. He just wasn't expecting them to be a cellmate named Big Bubba.

Dating apps are starting to ban people who participated in the terrorist attack on the Capitol. It's truly a shame for all the single women out there, the shaman guy with the horns and fur vest was a real catch, he would've made some woman real happy someday.
    I think you might be going a little too far by assuming that the Vegan Furry was ever going to make a woman happy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    holy shit...that is a lot of evidence.....
    Yeah, the other day the FBI said they had gathered more than 100,000 pieces of evidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Who says they need to overthrow the goverment? Inflict enough damage in democratic cities and the democrats will cave to any demand.
    [Infraction]
    You mean like in DC? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait for Y'all Qaeda to roll into some city, cause a little damage, then watch as the national guard rolls in and sends them all off to prison. I look forward to removing people who would knowingly and willingly commit terrorism in the name of fascism from the pool of eligible voters.

We've always seen through the cracks of the Republican party. They don't want to win power fair and square. They've been using underhanded tactics to win elections for decades. Gerrymandering on far greater levels than Democrats could ever dream of, voter suppression, and for as much as conservative sources like to blare "voter fraud" cases in a montage across the screen as proof that voter ID is needed, if you go in and read every case of voter fraud in the last 20 years, the vast majority of them are REPUBLICANS.

And now of course, DKjaigen is advocating violence for power. At least you guys finally dropped the facade of pretending you like law and order eh? Bring on the right wing terrorists. The sooner we cart them off to prison for the rest of their life, the better.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they'll be even more excited to talk to the nice FBI lady.
    /s

Riley J. Williams is charged in the Capitol riot.
    She allegedly stole a computer from @SpeakerPelosi’s office, & now @FBI is investigating a tip that she intended to send the computer to a friend in Russia who’d sell it to Russian intelligence.
    Williams appears to have “fled”. https://t.co/wk49guI14a
    https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...984740867?s=19

Multiple thread explaining a little more if click link.

So this person committed or I guess tried to commit espionage.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Is she someone important (other than being a computer stealing terrorist and now, apparently, wholesale traitor)

Can't find anything by googling "Riley J. Williams" other than a male orthopedic surgeon from New York who I'm sure is not looking forward to having a shared name.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is she someone important (other than being a computer stealing terrorist and now, apparently, wholesale traitor)

Can't find anything by googling "Riley J. Williams" other than a male orthopedic surgeon from New York who I'm sure is not looking forward to having a shared name.
    No just a member of Ya'll Qaeda and a fully indoctrinated Trumphadi cultist trying to sell potential government secrets to a hostile foreign power.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

That seems... bizzare wouldn't you just upload the harddrive rather then send the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    That seems... bizzare wouldn't you just upload the harddrive rather then send the computer?
    You realize the kind of people we're dealing with here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You realize the kind of people we're dealing with here, right?

True... like why would Russia pay them rather then seize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    True... like why would Russia pay them rather then seize it.
    These are the same people who thought an armed takeover of the capitol building would prevent the duly-elected Joe Biden from being confirmed, and who then thought they'd get away from the whole situation of breaking and entering into a federal building brandishing guns scot-free without the FBI hunting them down like a pack of wolves hunting field mice.

How intelligent do you think these people are? This person stole the laptop because they could and thought they'd make a quick buck off it to "cuck the libs" by selling it to Trump's long-time palls the Russians.

I oppose the death penalty wholesale, but I think having that commuted into a lifetime imprisonment for these fucks would send a good message: traitors wont be tolerated, and choosing to believe or peddle misinformation will have consequences.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-18 at 06:47 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm really concerned about a pardon for those who participated in the insurrection.

If one is issued, 100%, there needs to be an attempt to overturn it even if it means going to the Supreme Court.

We are going to set a DANGEROUS precedent if we allow people to be pardoned for committing crimes that amount to an attempt to overthrow the government.

What's to stop the next president from ordering that the VP, his cabinet, and the entirety of congress be murder and he takes complete control over the country and then pardons the people who committed those crimes so that he can instill whoever he wants and anyone who stops him he also has murdered and then pardons. It's technically all legal within the constitution if we let this go unchecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I'm really concerned about a pardon for those who participated in the insurrection.

If one is issued, 100%, there needs to be an attempt to overturn it even if it means going to the Supreme Court.

We are going to set a DANGEROUS precedent if we allow people to be pardoned for committing crimes that amount to an attempt to overthrow the government.

What's to stop the next president from ordering that the VP, his cabinet, and the entirety of congress be murder and he takes complete control over the country and then pardons the people who committed those crimes so that he can instill whoever he wants and anyone who stops him he also has murdered and then pardons. It's technically all legal within the constitution if we let this go unchecked.
    These people could very well be guilty of many DC-specific crimes that Trump couldn't pardon them of.

I could also see the argument that, because the constitution forbids the president from pardoning individuals from crimes relating to "impeachment," they could drag it out in the courts and argue that these people were acting as accessories to the proceedings Trump was impeached over, and therefore can't be pardoned by merit of the fact that they are partners to it.

I doubt the supreme court, with Trump thoroughly out of the picture by then, would be very sympathetic to these traitors.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Unfortunately, it's a precedent that's already been set.

- - - Updated - - -

I could also see the argument that, because the constitution forbids the president from pardoning individuals from crimes relating to "impeachment," they could drag it out in the courts and argue that these people were acting as accessories to the proceedings Trump was impeached over, and therefore can't be pardoned by merit of the fact that they are partners to it.
    That would be a really hard sell from a legal standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

That would be a really hard sell from a legal standpoint.
    It's not like Trump has the competent Lawyers chomping at the bit to fight it.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If he pardons them, I hope they bring him up on charges for treason.

It's not like Trump has the competent Lawyers chomping at the bit to fight it.
    It'd be the White House Lawyers tasked with arguing it...not his personal ones.

These people could very well be guilty of many DC-specific crimes that Trump couldn't pardon them of.

I doubt the supreme court, with Trump thoroughly out of the picture by then, would be very sympathetic to these traitors.
    So sadly from everything I understand any crimes committed in D.C. are federal because D.C. is neither a state or part of a state. It is its own entity and falls squarely under federal statutes. So again from everything I understand Trump can pardon any crime within the city of D.C. because it all falls under federal laws. Now if Trump does try to pardon his cult of rioters then it is time for this presidential power to finally be challenged in the supreme court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So sadly from everything I understand any crimes committed in D.C. are federal because D.C. is neither a state or part of a state. It is its own entity and falls squarely under federal statutes. So again from everything I understand Trump can pardon any crime within the city of D.C. because it all falls under federal laws. Now if Trump does try to pardon his cult of rioters then it is time for this presidential power to finally be challenged in the supreme court.
    That's not quite my understanding of it. DC might not be a state, but that doesn't mean that any illicit activity that goes on there is a federal crime. DC is governed by something called the DC code, and local crimes are tried in DC courts, and not automatically federal courts.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, not remotely the same situation, but... that's what literally the first presidential pardon used in this country was for.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils