Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Somehwere like the Ferengi Divine Treasury from Start Trek. A place made of precious metals and jewels, filled with greedy little hoarders.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Divine_Treasury

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    a lot of human afterlife concepts in religion often replicate human life except for their hells.
    And that's what makes RL religion terribly boring from a narrative pov. They had absolute freedom to go with completely novel, bizarre stuff when it came to visuals, and they took the most boring approach you could think of. Especially after three or four xpacs of vanilla (not the game) vistas, neat as they may have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And that's what makes RL religion terribly boring from a narrative pov. They had absolute freedom to go with completely novel, bizarre stuff when it came to visuals, and they took the most boring approach you could think of. Especially after three or four xpacs of vanilla (not the game) vistas, neat as they may have been.
    I mean honestly I think what you're thinking is more from a game/story point of view whereas a lot of humans would rather have something closer to what they know or even more so something better than what they know and the "bad" afterlife be the alien unknown. Granted WoW deviates from this in terms of the fact that their afterlives are different from human religion in that they mean to change you to the afterlife versus the afterlife changing to you. There's also Blizzard catching themselves in the stupid throw away lore that there are infinite other realms and the ones we see are just the governing bodies which makes it more appropriate they match a set ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is just fucking vrykuls there, there is no other warriors besides you, i want to see real vanlhala, not golden vrykul bullshit
    There were supposed to be famous Warriors in the class order hall but, it was cut.

Besides, isn't valhalla for nordic people?
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-18 at 10:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    There were supposed to be famous Warriors in the class order hall but, it was cut.

Besides, isn't valhalla for nordic people?
    i know it was, thats why im saying halls of valor was underwhelming and was, in the end, just golden vrykul shenanigans.

yes, valhalla is for nordic people, but that does not mean they can't take elements from it and use to englobe all races/individuals who lived a honourable/warrior-ish life.

less gold the better too.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    They never said they couldn't escape it. The way these leaders act they never seem to specifically allude to what they can or cannot do. I was just discussing how the Winter Queen seems like a really crappy leader as she's letting the drust screw up her domain and then is just fairly easily dealing with them when she engages, but then I thought maybe she's trying to conserve etc or not let on to her power so it disrupts planning. Souls cannot escape the maw except for us for some reason or those we lead away. They never said the pantheon cannot freely traverse it nor have they directly implied they cannot except for Zoval who was "imprisoned" there. They don't really need to say that term when it's the only place souls cannot leave as any other soul is said to be "sent" to the maw. Big difference. I could be wrong and would be willing to accept it later, but everything points to that being what he was responsible for back before the uprising as it currently stands.
    Except not everything does point to it. That is only how you personally view the evidence. I don't feel it points to Zoval being in charge of the Maw.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Except not everything does point to it. That is only how you personally view the evidence. I don't feel it points to Zoval being in charge of the Maw.
    You can "not feel" like it does, but that doesn't mean you have evidence that isn't trumped by other evidence.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Somehwere like the Ferengi Divine Treasury from Start Trek. A place made of precious metals and jewels, filled with greedy little hoarders.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Divine_Treasury
    Soo... a Goblin Afterlife?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Soo... a Goblin Afterlife?
    Yeah, it'd mostly be Goblins, Ethereals, Grummles, maybe a few dragons.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    You can "not feel" like it does, but that doesn't mean you have evidence that isn't trumped by other evidence.
    There is no evidence that trumps it without assuming your view is correct in the first place.

Stop pretending otherwise.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    An afterlife for the Tauren races with endless plains, mountains and tundras.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is too simple a way of looking at it. This dilemma is also explored in alexandros morgraine and how he got sorted to maldraxxus. Not to mention mages have the whole master-disciple thing, which has a lot of mindless following involved, as can be seen alot in dalaran and other places. Then there are also plenty of mages that seek power and do not resort to making pacts with demons.
    Mograine becoming maldraxxus just makes no sence, seeing what he was in life, just an old epic character being hammerfisted into new lore to make people more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Mograine becoming maldraxxus just makes no sence, seeing what he was in life, just an old epic character being hammerfisted into new lore to make people more interested.
    Well, he was a Death Knight at the end of his days.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Well, he was a Death Knight at the end of his days.
    Wrong Mograine.

Though i disagree with Thundering as well. There wasn't anything about Alexandros that would have made Bastion appropriate for him. To many people are stuck in thinking Bastion = Afterlife for Good people and Light believers, when that isn't what it is about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i know it was, thats why im saying halls of valor was underwhelming and was, in the end, just golden vrykul shenanigans.

yes, valhalla is for nordic people, but that does not mean they can't take elements from it and use to englobe all races/individuals who lived a honourable/warrior-ish life.

less gold the better too.
    Isn't that Maldraxxus though?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    There is literally a part of the necrolord campaign that goes into why Alexandros was sent to Maldraxxus and not Bastion.

That's the thing about Bastion: any old character that gets sent there and ascends basically stops being that character, considering all memories are wiped. they'd just be another Kyrian with a name you remember.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrong Mograine.

Though i disagree with Thundering as well. There wasn't anything about Alexandros that would have made Bastion appropriate for him. To many people are stuck in thinking Bastion = Afterlife for Good people and Light believers, when that isn't what it is about at all.
    Nope, it isn't the wrong Mograine:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    A land of limitless art and technology. One with limitless resources for the artists and craftsmen of the mortal world to pursue their grandest dreams. Like Minecraft. Gemstones the size of mountains, fields of vibrant flowers of unthinkable different shades that could be used as pigment, that sort of thing. There would be massive cities governed by the best tinkers, where they put the works of the Titans to shame. Skyscraper-sized statues carved with immaculate detail. Streets would be paved with individually hand-chiseled bricks, and the food served from basic street stalls would be worthy of the greatest living gourmets.

This would also be the afterlife of the collectors and traders. Ethereals and goblins would likely end up here. Trading and selling is an art form, too, and moving art from the creator to the one who would appreciate it most is a skill the realm would need. It is also home to pirates, explorers, treasure hunters, and anyone who lusted after riches.

The covenant's role in the shadowlands would be the 'refining' of anima. When a great artist puts his soul into his work, the Shadowlands would take that a bit more literally. Think of it like the dagger to Revendreth's hammer. A sculpture made by a great artist in this realm would be packed with anima, and would prove very useful to the Shadowlands as a whole. A few example Covenant abilities granted to the Maw Walker could be:

Unholy Death Knight: Superior Gargoyle. Summon a lovingly crafted gold-and marble gargoyle that deals Holy damage in an area.

Arcane Mage: Illuminated tomes. Conjure a random volume of a masterfully detailed arcane manuscript. Each one has a random and powerful effect.

Destruction Warlock: Master Summoning Stone. A grand summoning stone far beyond what mortal craftsmen could carve. Can be used by the warlock without the aid of others, and when summoned in combat opens a portal to the center of a star, dealing fire damage to all nearby enemies.

Assassination Rogue: Summons a contract killer for every combo point you have, they leap from the shadows at your target, dealing massive damage once each and leaping back to the shadows. (Paid killers and mercenaries often end up here, too, as they often view their pay as more important than mortal lives. This would be shown in the world, of course.)
    This realm actually exists in the lore. It's called Craftenium.

And I agree, that would make for a very fine zone.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-01-21 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    This realm actually exists in the lore. It's called Craftenium.

And I agree, that would make for a very fine zone.
    Sounds awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Isn't that Maldraxxus though?
    no, not at all