Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Yeah and the higher you go in torghast TC the worse the multiplier is. It’s bonkers
    Imo the dot is not the problem if you get selfheal anima traits, but those casters.. their spamable abilities did soooo much dmg! I can't imagine how much it would've done on floor 17 without the dmg-reduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    blizzard just doesnt know what 'solo' means.
    Yeah - and can also solo mythic dungeons too as a mage ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annonnnnn View Post

Yep, this stuff is super hard and needs nerfing.
    Well that's my point.. it's aparently a faceroll for this player and my destro lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    that was their whole selling point for torghast. you can do it with a group or solo. blizzard just doesnt know what 'solo' means.
    Didnt even know u could do it as a grp. must be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes - of course some class/specs have it easier, and for others it is impossible to solo.

A mage isn't a tank so it isn't going to be able to do the same stuff as a DH might be able to do.

Torghast should have been designed as a solo activity - we already have enough group stuff to do.

Went in this week - and my first run I had a beast tank from the anima power - the run was trivial
    Second run I didn't get offered a beast tank - could barely get past the first floor.

Both were Difficulty 4.
    I never understood why its so hard for people. Crafted 151 gear form AH, arcane mage.
    Done layer 8 of both wings this week, with only having to truly watch out, around layer 7 onwards.
    Sheep works on the deathspeakers, and everything is CC'able.

I get tho that some runs will be cursed with bad powers, but otherwise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Im quite surprised to find my BM hunter with his limited self-healing has it MUCH easier than my Ret paladin.

Guess designers think people who play ranged classes need the help

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    I never understood why its so hard for people
    It is easy - my health melts away in seconds against many of the mobs .. there is nothing I can do about it.

Add a tank (even the one from beasts week) and suddenly it becomes trivial.

It is that simple ... I have at most 50-60k health (including absorbs) and no self heals ... it just vanishes.

It is nothing to do with skill - it is just maths.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

It is easy - my health melts away in seconds against many of the mobs .. there is nothing I can do about it.

It is that simple ... I have at most 50-60k health (including absorbs) and no self heals ... it just vanishes.

It absolutely have to do with skill.

How do you think other mages are pulling it off solo and you can't?

Also you have plenty of tools to help against taking damage.
    Blink, frost nova, ring of frost, interrupt, ice block, mirror images, barriers and alter time + more I've probably forgot to list.

You seem to be playing mage as a tank... When the point is to not take damage :| "it's only math" is only valid if you just stand there...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annonnnnn View Post
    Arms stronger than this?
    The bosses are a joke. The trash mobs on floor 15 and above are way more dangerous than bosses. Sure there's anima that gets you stacking damage on Slam so it ends up hitting in millions, but that's one use and that's useless on trash.
    I don't pick that because I don't need to one-shot bosses. I one-shot 500k mobs that hit for 50-60k on later floors, that's way more important. And I do it consistently, every pack. My layer 8 runs are faster than many other classes do layer 1.

Also, that priest has 2 deaths left, meaning it didn't go as smoothly as my arms on layer 8, where I died once because of my own stupidity (I jumped off a platform by accident because I had super jump anima).
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-01-18 at 02:30 PM.

Pick up those grey orbs you see everywhere. They contain powers that make things easier.

Because your claims only make sense if you try to do it without anima powers. You can easily get well over 60k health without absorbs in Torghast, regardless of spec. There's also very common self-heal powers that are available to all classes.

It's not maths, it's entirely you being incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Yup. Funny you should mention it tho, with warlock and paladin being basically the top 2 torghast classes that have it the easiest. Followed by warriors and hunters.
    Prot might be, and I can believe Ret in the normal levels, but in TC Ret runs out of steam about Floor 12. If the final six Floors are a bad place you get things that two-shot you, even with a lot of extra health (like 90K+). I see some people talk of lock pets with millions of health and bears with 5M health, but Rets just don't get that and even with "Wings give 50% damage reduction" it's easy to get smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They contain powers that make things easier.
    LOL ... that would be nice ... the average 6 floors I get around 40 powers, of which 2-3 are useful in increasing my survivability.

The 50-60k health pool including absorbs ... includes those powers. I get +15 health about 50% of the runs, I get 70% absorbs on barriers most time and the mawrat health buff 1 in 4 of the runs, I've got the epic heal/health buff twice all up.

So - with nothing to prevent my health pool melting away - the result is an impossible task.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2021-01-18 at 02:42 PM.

LOL ... that would be nice ... the average 6 floors I get around 40 powers, of which 2-3 are useful in increasing my survivability.

The 50-60k health pool including absorbs ... includes those powers.
    Well, then you don't seem to have any issues doing Torghast at all and are simply lying.

And you most certainly can get more than 60k. I've had 6-floor runs where i ended up with well over 100k as DD, all from class-agnostic powers.

Well, then you don't seem to have any issues doing Torghast at all and are simply lying.

And you most certainly can get more than 60k. I've had 6-floor runs where i ended up with well over 100k as DD, all from class-agnostic powers.
    Well, you do not even have to take HP or defense traits in regular Torghast, they are only needed if going TC.
    Schwarzkopf simply does not want to accept facts, he's just all about "I can't do it, it's the games fault, I do not care if you show me videos of my own spec that clears TC L8 solo"

Well, then you don't seem to have any issues
    I think you have missed a few things ... the thing is impossible due to lack of health .. SOLO.

I've done it with a tank a heap of times ... then it is trivial, because I don't have to tank mobs.

You'd think people in this forum might know WOW enough to work out that mages are not tanks... but it seems not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Sad fact: you can get the same type at least TWICE in a TC run. Had fire 1-6 and 13-18.
    Yeah. I got Coldheart to start, thought 'cool, that's one of the annoying ones out of the way', and then got it for Floors 13-18, complete with mass packs with elites in them and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, you do not even have to take HP or defense traits in regular Torghast,
    Well - beyond layer 3 on normal I most certainly do, but there isn't any to take.

I'm taking 20k damage a second from some bosses above layer 3 ... I have 50k health ... yet people here think I can magically skill some maths to make that work.

LOL.

I think you have missed a few things ... the thing is impossible due to lack of health .. SOLO.

I've done it with a tank a heap of times ... then it is trivial, because I don't have to tank mobs.

You'd think people in this forum might know WOW enough to work out that mages are not tanks... but it seems not.
    Make a video, show us your run. Or let me teamview your mage and I'll do a full clear Layer 6 solo.
    All you do is crying out loud that "you are not a tank" - when you are not supposed to tank, you blast enemies away, kite and cc - you should not even get hit most times, at all. Lack of skill, that's all I see since Torghast-release.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The bosses are a joke. The trash mobs on floor 15 and above are way more dangerous than bosses. Sure there's anima that gets you stacking damage on Slam so it ends up hitting in millions, but that's one use and that's useless on trash.
    I don't pick that because I don't need to one-shot bosses. I one-shot 500k mobs that hit for 50-60k on later floors, that's way more important. And I do it consistently, every pack. My layer 8 runs are faster than many other classes do layer 1.

Also, that priest has 2 deaths left, meaning it didn't go as smoothly as my arms on layer 8, where I died once because of my own stupidity (I jumped off a platform by accident because I had super jump anima).
    first death i DCed, second death my cat made me fall off a bridge. third and fourth death was due to afk cause wife wanted me to buy groceries.

the only requirement to progress floors is to kill bosses, if u can oneshot them then gg ez mount

Well - beyond layer 3 on normal I most certainly do, but there isn't any to take.

I'm taking 20k damage a second from some bosses above layer 3 ... I have 50k health ... yet people here think I can magically skill some maths to make that work.

LOL.
    Layer 4 bosses do not deal 20k/sec. Not even Layer 8 bosses do. It only starts getting that high if you take more than 1:30 minutes to kill those enemies (via stacking buff). Obviously talking about regular Torghast, not TC.

Explain to me why other arcane mages can solo regular L8 and TC L8.