Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely they want to add more items tied into anima in the future and do not want us to sit on tens of thousands of Anima like we had in previous expansions.

For me the rewards however from raids and mythic+ dungeons can be significantly scaled up but they probably don't want it to scale too high or else low key's might just get farmed.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

i LOL'd so hard when SHadowlands got announced and they said there wont be an AP grind. no, this time we will be gathering Anima Power. like, are you not seeing this? and its even fucking worse then it has ever been and their excuse is "bUt tHeRe iS a dRoUgHt"

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i LOL'd so hard when SHadowlands got announced and they said there wont be an AP grind. no, this time we will be gathering Anima Power. like, are you not seeing this? and its even fucking worse then it has ever been and their excuse is "bUt tHeRe iS a dRoUgHt"
    Speaking for myself alone, I mention the drought as a matter of “prepare for your feedback to get this response,” not because it makes the “effortconomics” of the current anima situation fun or reasonable long term.

cos the raid bosses have it all

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Speaking for myself alone, I mention the drought as a matter of “prepare for your feedback to get this response,” not because it makes the “effortconomics” of the current anima situation fun or reasonable long term.
    no, i mean that blizzard would use the excuse of there being a drought.

and then "bUt ThAt'S jUsT fOr CoSmEtiCs, YoU dOn't NEEEEEEEED tHaT!" ugh. I don't mind if individuals pretend to be this shortsighted, but when big streamers and moreover, collectors are mantraing this, I get a little tilted.
    It's like passing around the forced dildo between the players. "please don't strain mythic players, strain collectors!"

This is the one aspect of Shadowlands that really *really* frustrates me. I know this is meant to last the whole expansion and not just the first few weeks of it, but when you look at how much Anima you need to collect just to unlock everything in your covenant - and then there's what you need to spend anima on additionally (like sending out your adventurers on there stuff, upgrading your covenant set it's just depressing.

And just getting 35 anima when you don't get loot from a raid boss is just insulting (esp. as in the story these are the NPC's that have been hoarding anima for themselves). I think you should get enough anima, if you have bad luck and don't get any loot, to complete the weekly anima collecting if you clear the raid.

Personally, I think they should have 'patch gated' more of the sanctum upgrades so with the launch there were only 2 upgrades - the scouting map/adventure table and the teleport network (because I suspect once flying is available, the teleport network will lose it's appeal anyway). Then, in the first patch, you then got enough anima being generated to get the conductor up and running and finally in a patch after that, you've got enough surplus anima for the 'covenant specific' upgrade in the sanctum.

At the moment, if you add it all up, I think it works out at around 16,000 for 3 sanctum features and upgrades (48,000 in total) and 44,000 for the final sanctum feature (the Conservatory, Ember Court etc.). So, over 90,000. If you just get enough anima to complete the weekly quest, that's 18 months to unlock everything and upgrade it *if* you don't spend anima on anything else (upgrading all your covenant gear if you're on an alt for example is around 7000 anima).

I know it's a psychological thing, but it doesn't seem such a chore to see that I've got 2 things to upgrade and it'll take me 8 months to finish it, than I've got 4 things to upgrade and it'll take me almost 2 years to complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...
    Opposed to not playing the game? Only 1/3rd already are anima quests and even then you only need to cherry pick the 100/140s.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-01-18 at 01:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    This is the one aspect of Shadowlands that really *really* frustrates me. I know this is meant to last the whole expansion and not just the first few weeks of it, but when you look at how much Anima you need to collect just to unlock everything in your covenant - and then there's what you need to spend anima on additionally (like sending out your adventurers on there stuff, upgrading your covenant set it's just depressing.

And just getting 35 anima when you don't get loot from a raid boss is just insulting (esp. as in the story these are the NPC's that have been hoarding anima for themselves). I think you should get enough anima, if you have bad luck and don't get any loot, to complete the weekly anima collecting if you clear the raid.

Personally, I think they should have 'patch gated' more of the sanctum upgrades so with the launch there were only 2 upgrades - the scouting map/adventure table and the teleport network (because I suspect once flying is available, the teleport network will lose it's appeal anyway). Then, in the first patch, you then got enough anima being generated to get the conductor up and running and finally in a patch after that, you've got enough surplus anima for the 'covenant specific' upgrade in the sanctum.

At the moment, if you add it all up, I think it works out at around 16,000 for 3 sanctum features and upgrades (48,000 in total) and 44,000 for the final sanctum feature (the Conservatory, Ember Court etc.). So, over 90,000. If you just get enough anima to complete the weekly quest, that's 18 months to unlock everything and upgrade it *if* you don't spend anima on anything else (upgrading all your covenant gear if you're on an alt for example is around 7000 anima).

I know it's a psychological thing, but it doesn't seem such a chore to see that I've got 2 things to upgrade and it'll take me 8 months to finish it, than I've got 4 things to upgrade and it'll take me almost 2 years to complete.
    Ther eare HUGE differencies between the "fluff" buildings across covenants. As a Night Fae, your conservatory gives you 5 fish and stuff like that in 3 day CD up until tier 4. Imagine waiting and collecting anima for weeks and months just so you can upgrade from 5 fish to maybe a pet or god forbid: a mount or a cosmetic weapon.
    Abomination Factory is amazing. I have it on my alt and I just can't get myself to go out and farm anima to progress on it. Party... don't know, nothing special. I have no clue about what the blue angels are doing.

It's likely that it'll get an azerite treatment and get the amount buffed later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I have no clue about what the blue angels are doing.
    Mage tower of vehicle fights.

So imagine doing the full conservatory investment only to be not good enough at a “class” that you can’t practice in without paying an admission fee. And then needing to master all three of those “classes” to get the forsworn armor tint.

It’s a trophy to be sure... that you can attempt to get after X months of anima investment at the current rate. Hope you’re good at... buttons I guess.

To get the conservatory set tint you fully upgrade the mini game (not requiring a single planting beyond the tutorial), and purchase the ensemble off the vendor for 12k. Expensive but inevitable.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, imagine playing the game instead of complaining
    You must be new around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Mage tower of vehicle fights.

So imagine doing the full conservatory investment only to be not good enough at a “class” that you can’t practice in without paying an admission fee. And then needing to master all three of those “classes” to get the forsworn armor tint.

It’s a trophy to be sure... that you can attempt to get after X months of anima investment at the current rate. Hope you’re good at... buttons I guess.

To get the conservatory set tint you fully upgrade the mini game (not requiring a single planting beyond the tutorial), and purchase the ensemble off the vendor for 12k. Expensive but inevitable.
    Pff, that sure sounds like good fun.

When I checked wowhead for rewards, there were backpacks and weapons and stuff. Not sure which one comes specifically from seeds because clicking on their links even wowhead wasn't very knowledgable. So I gave up checking jsut how much effort I need to get everything. One thing is sure: need at least tier 4. At least.

This is why one can't have conversations in mmo champ. The need to play dumb is tireing. Like one isn't answering to a post and is talking in a void. Suit yourself. My answer was plenty obvious.

You do know WQs spawn every 6 hours btw? It's not just do all the quests daily and you're done. You gotta come back. You gotta do that stuff all the time. It's a collosal waste of time. And no, many take way longer than 2m. Actually, i can only think of the rings one being that fast if you do it right. Those are rarities and you know it. Oh and lets not forget you have to do that 4x if you want the cosmetics from all covenants.
    Hey if you want to waste your life like that, go on ahead. No chance i will do that. I'd rather stop playing.
    Thankfully, i don't care as i hate AP grinding and no cosmetic is worth that time commitment.

But, i also know Blizz will make changes to it.
    Yeah they spawn every 6 hours. But they also last 24 hours. So you only need to log in once a day.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It does feel low. I wouldn't mind so much if the world quests weren't so tedious.. I mean some of them are just awful.
    As someone else said above, its weird we get upgrades to how many souls you can rescue in the maw but not anima gains, really hope it gets buffed a bit in 9.1, as I would love them to add more 'stuff' to the covenants (cosmetics/activities)

Because there is no AP grind in the sense that legion and bfa had.

People's issue with those past grinds was that it was tied to player power, and so certain thresholds were required to perform at the highest level in a raid or pvp environment.

In SL, anima is entirely for collectors. It's fine for it to be there and it's fine there to be grinds for collectors. People can chill and collect it at their own pace, or completely ignore it if they wish, without getting punished while doing the content they want.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-18 at 02:22 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I basically stopped playing because of this on my alts, i got 3 like most and i am not grinding those every day, just waiting for them to boost the Anima

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    From a lore perspective there's an anima drought, it's natural that you're not going to just be getting tons of anima as rewards from activities. We've made the first step to solving that issue, which was what Sanguine Depths and Castle Nathria were for "lore wise". Assuming next patch helps bring the Arbiter back from slumber, then the realms won't be in such a desperate drought anymore as souls will be returning at a normal rate to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is why one can't have conversations in mmo champ. The need to play dumb is tireing. Like one isn't answering to a post and is talking in a void. Suit yourself. My answer was plenty obvious.

You do know WQs spawn every 6 hours btw? It's not just do all the quests daily and you're done. You gotta come back. You gotta do that stuff all the time. It's a collosal waste of time. And no, many take way longer than 2m. Actually, i can only think of the rings one being that fast if you do it right. Those are rarities and you know it. Oh and lets not forget you have to do that 4x if you want the cosmetics from all covenants.
    Hey if you want to waste your life like that, go on ahead. No chance i will do that. I'd rather stop playing.
    Thankfully, i don't care as i hate AP grinding and no cosmetic is worth that time commitment.

But, i also know Blizz will make changes to it.
    you're right. Blizzard will change it soon because a lot of people are realizing just how insane the grind is. It's somehow worse than BfA which is impressive.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-01-18 at 03:33 PM.

i wouldnt mind if it was rare (its not really so rare) but the complete imbalance is astounding, guildmate was laughing the other day that he have the same 2 daily q from covenant (had both chars in the same) and on one char he was getting over 100anima from each and on other he get gold... and thats in the same goddamn covenant, among the covenants its even worse...
    and the madnes that is WQ, one giving 70 other that you can actualy do faster giving 140... why?!