Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    you're right. Blizzard will change it soon because a lot of people are realizing just how insane the grind is. It's somehow worse than BfA which is impressive.
    How is it worse when it doesn't give much power while AP in BFA were all tied to power?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I think Anima adquisition will increase with each patch.

At least I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i wouldnt mind if it was rare (its not really so rare) but the complete imbalance is astounding, guildmate was laughing the other day that he have the same 2 daily q from covenant (had both chars in the same) and on one char he was getting over 100anima from each and on other he get gold... and thats in the same goddamn covenant, among the covenants its even worse...
    and the madnes that is WQ, one giving 70 other that you can actualy do faster giving 140... why?!
    The worst ones are these that originally gave conduits and now only give 35.. usually for some heinous grindy fill the bar type WQ with bad respawn.

Also people that claim to drown in anima. Either you play 3+h a day just grinding out WQs and other (repeatable) sources, or you just don't spend it at all..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i want to remind folks that this is entirely cosmetic. this isn't tied to player power
    Anima is required to upgrade the covenant gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i want to remind folks that this is entirely cosmetic. this isn't tied to player power. this is optional content, there is no pressure requirement to do it. i understand that it's exciting to see new stuff and feel gated by how much anima you need, but realistically, it's an optional thing.
    It's not just that.
    Imagine working for 2 dollars an hour in real life where your monthly "getting by" is minimum 1k. You'd be like "pfffff no thanks"
    35-70 anima in comparison to 10-15k anima costing things: -> pffff no thanks

And "it is just cosmetics" is just very bad argument seeing how not everyone plays to raid or m+. there are people, and a big group of people who amost solely focus on collecting things. That's their main gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    you're right. Blizzard will change it soon because a lot of people are realizing just how insane the grind is. It's somehow worse than BfA which is impressive.
    It's almost entirely cosmetic stuff you use it for. How is that even remotely as bad as BfA or Legion, which were vastly overstated anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    pretty sure this is meant to be a "whole expansion" deal. by the end of it, my guess is you will have so much laying around you wont be able to do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's not just that.
    Imagine working for 2 dollars an hour in real life where your monthly "getting by" is minimum 1k. You'd be like "pfffff no thanks"
    35-70 anima in comparison to 10-15k anima costing things: -> pffff no thanks

And "it is just cosmetics" is just very bad argument seeing how not everyone plays to raid or m+. there are people, and a big group of people who amost solely focus on collecting things. That's their main gameplay!
    So houses and cars aren't worth buying, then? And those 10-15k aren't "get by" things, either. They're luxury goods.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Also, you can get gear from the mission table again. At the mo the gear I'm getting is generally lower than what I've got anyway - but I'm assuming it's because I've not upgraded the table and my followers are not a high enough level yet.

Would you rather it be abundantly common to the point where it's leaking out your ears?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    pretty sure this is meant to be a "whole expansion" deal. by the end of it, my guess is you will have so much laying around you wont be able to do anything with it.
    Yep - pretty sure the same. However, that's why I felt it would've been better to not release everything at the start and drip-feed out the possible stuff you can get with Anima over 2 or 3 patches. So, this patch, unlock the mission table and see that I 'just' need 16,000 anima to fully upgrade, next patch unlock the next thing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So houses and cars aren't worth buying, then? And those 10-15k aren't "get by" things, either. They're luxury goods.
    People buy houses and cars for mortgages.
    The comparison was: short term goals vs long term goals and the effort to reach it and if it worth the effort at all.

but I'm sure yo uvery well understand this just felt the need to nitpick...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Would you rather it be abundantly common to the point where it's leaking out your ears?

How about a fair, well thought out system that doesn't treat you, the player like shit? We used to have them. If the choice is "shit or diarrhea" that's not a very good choice in a game that's for your entertainment and requires a monthly sub on top of the box price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Yep - pretty sure the same. However, that's why I felt it would've been better to not release everything at the start and drip-feed out the possible stuff you can get with Anima over 2 or 3 patches. So, this patch, unlock the mission table and see that I 'just' need 16,000 anima to fully upgrade, next patch unlock the next thing etc.
    im doing the rank 2 upgrades right now. it feels slow for sure at 5k each, but it will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Also, you can get gear from the mission table again. At the mo the gear I'm getting is generally lower than what I've got anyway - but I'm assuming it's because I've not upgraded the table and my followers are not a high enough level yet.
    It's capped the same as World Quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    People buy houses and cars for mortgages.
    The comparison was: short term goals vs long term goals and the effort to reach it and if it worth the effort at all.

but I'm sure yo uvery well understand this just felt the need to nitpick...
    You didn't make any real comparison. You just claimed something wasn't worth it without proper argument, purely because it is supposedly expensive and people apparently can't save up to things. While also massively underplaying how much Anima one can actually earn.

Because the currents devs think the narrative is more important than gameplay. This is true for a single-player game as it's over in a limited amount of time. In an MMO you need to prioritise gameplay over the narrative as you play and repeat the sake content so often that the narrative is forgotten since you know it, and the only thing you notice at that point is the gameplay.

In this case, it's the anima drought. I sincerely hope future patches will increase the amount as the Jailer's grasp is eased.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...
    And on 4 characters, if you want to upgrade all covenants.. hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    Isn't that like one of the major plot points?

Well lets just say after upgrading my buildings one time, I wont be doing that again in a long ass time. The cost is steep as F and its a feature I will forget 100% about this xpac. Maybe laate down in SL i'll return to it.

That said, its optional content and doesnt affect playerpower so thats something atleast.

Cant understand why they have such steep prices anyway. The buildings should be something to be used and played with, not left behind and forgotten cause of the cost.

What's weird is that you get 35 anima for a M+ dungeon but your first 2v2 and 3v3 arena win give 175 each. 350 for two wins per day. Add a RBG win that gives 250 and that's 600 anima PER DAY for 3 wins in total

There should be a "first M+ of the day" bonus where you get 5x35, just like in arena.

In general there should be more weekly quests on the pve side of things. I love how there is a weekly quest for RBGs or Arena in addition to unrated pvp. Why is there not a weekly for M+ or normal or higher difficulty raid? Some more incentive for players to get out of their comfort zone and actually do content that can't be done with LFD/LFR "click one button and get ported in" difficulty would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Those amounts are limited and not required in the same way as Artifact/Azerite Power was. If someone raids or does decently in M+ the Covenant gear is at best an unlucky gap filler and either way your likely better of grinding Conquest then Anima to fill the gap.

It takes a 1050 to fully upgarde a piece, most pieces don't start at 1/7. You could fully upgrade 3-5 pieces for the cost of a simple cosmetic skin.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death