Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I think wow would be better without a weekly chest.

I understand the point of the chest is to act as a weekly nerf by letting players recieve rewards past their current difficulty level. I just think this knee jerk reaction blizzard has to soft nerfing content isn't really as sustainable as letting people simply progress.

It just seems the complete "x" a week isn't really a positive direction to take the game in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think WoW is better off with it.

Especially since the "let loot be loot crowd" got Blizzard's ear and loot drops are at 0.001% now. Way to make people start missing Warforging/Titanforging to the point of saying "well, I was at least getting something" and the incentive was there to go back to these dungeons/raids in hopes to get your item at an upgraded level.

Now... you just don't get anything.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-18 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do feel that this current iteration of the Great Vault is far better than the weekly chest in BfA. It's still just one item, but now you have a variety of things you can do for the equipment. It gives an extra way to fill out some of those missing slots, especially for players with guilds that tend to force trades on any loot that can be traded.

Why specifically is it a problem that people might get an extra piece of loot at the end of the week that they've done the work to earn?

Great Vault brought me more frustation with it than without it. Rather having no loot than fish loot

Without the weekly chest 'nerf', certain players would never see lots of content at the varying levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I understand the point of the chest is to act as a weekly nerf by letting players recieve rewards past their current difficulty level. I just think this knee jerk reaction blizzard has to soft nerfing content isn't really as sustainable as letting people simply progress.

It just seems the complete "x" a week isn't really a positive direction to take the game in.
    Its not often that I look at an opinion and think 'nope wrong' but yeah... wrong.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I do feel that this current iteration of the Great Vault is far better than the weekly chest in BfA. It's still just one item, but now you have a variety of things you can do for the equipment. It gives an extra way to fill out some of those missing slots, especially for players with guilds that tend to force trades on any loot that can be traded.

Why specifically is it a problem that people might get an extra piece of loot at the end of the week that they've done the work to earn?
    No one is forcing those entitled players to stay in a guild that puts the entire raid team over that specific entitled player.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't, people here simply enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Especially since the "let loot be loot crowd" got Blizzard's ear and loot drops are at 0.001% now. Way to make people start missing Warforging/Titanforging to the point of saying "well, I was at least getting something" and the incentive was there to go back to these dungeons/raids in hopes to get your item at an upgraded level.

Holy exaggeration and hyperbole Batman! 0.001%? where did you pull that number from? This is not the way to form a solid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    No one is forcing those entitled players to stay in a guild that puts the entire raid team over that specific entitled player.
    Yes, how dare someone want their loot that they received for their time and effort. What an unreasonable way to think!

What's next, people wanting the paycheck from their work week? Just think of how much that money could do for the company you work for!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

I don't really think the let loot be loot crowd wanted low drop rates... blizzard just seems determined to stretch out game play by tying rewards to a timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Holy exaggeration and hyperbole Batman! 0.001%? where did you pull that number from? This is not the way to form a solid argument.
    Out of his ass, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I understand the point of the chest is to act as a weekly nerf by letting players recieve rewards past their current difficulty level.
    How do you acquire rewards past your difficulty level?

I kill bosses in HC, I get loot from HC. I kill bosses in Mythic, and I get loot from Mythic.

I complete a +2 dungeon, and I get loot for that, or i complete a +10 and get loot for a +10.

How do you get stuff past your difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, how dare someone want their loot that they received for their time and effort. What an unreasonable way to think!

What's next, people wanting the paycheck from their work week? Just think of how much that money could do for the company you work for!
    To be fair its much closer to a cafe that splits the tips evenly at the end of the day for the better of everyone (in theory) vs keeping your own tips, however, i agree with what you are saying. I dont mind trading the odd piece of loot to a guildy who is falling behind, or if i have managed to aquire some really strong loot and dont really "need" an item - sometimes it is better for me to give another player an item, as it will increase the raids overall performance by more, and allow us to kill more bosses. Sure, one item doesnt make a huge difference, but over a few weeks it adds up.

Only time i wont trade loot is if some raid logger falls behind on loot then starts begging for drops. Thankfuly not an issue with my guild, but have seen it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    How do you acquire rewards past your difficulty level?

I kill bosses in HC, I get loot from HC. I kill bosses in Mythic, and I get loot from Mythic.

I complete a +2 dungeon, and I get loot for that, or i complete a +10 and get loot for a +10.

How do you get stuff past your difficulty?
    The discussion is about the vault, not reward from raids/dungeons.

For example, a +2 awards a 187ilvl at end of dungeon. However, the great vault will reward a 200ilvl. 200ilvl loot comes from a +7. Hope that clears it up for you.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-18 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It is more the type of system, rather than a system existing to supplement drops that is troubling. I think the badge system of WotLK is a much healthier alternative to something like the Great Vault, because it provided more player agency. You would plan your upgrades out ahead of time and could easily hit your weekly cap with 2-3 hours of gameplay per week. There wasn't any RNG to badge gear, which is what I think is one of the most frustrating aspects of the Great Vault.

You have to do a lot of content to get extra chances at getting a piece that is an upgrade. I'm okay with time-gated content, I abhor time-sink content. The badge/point systems used to fill out gear sets in previous expansions were not time-sinks, they required minimal effort and you had complete agency over what gear you got.

I think WoW has gone in a bad direction as a consequence of the weekly M+ chest they introduced, and they've continued on that path instead of changing tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The discussion is about the vault, not reward from raids.
    I was talking about the Vault.
    Newsflash:
    The Vault awards loot for Raid, Mythic+ and PVP.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with loot right now is that PVP honor gear scales to 197 and you can get every slot to that level in a week. Without WF/TF you need to do mythic + to a level thats insanely harder or normal raiding which while not hard has terrible loot drop % and usually just as garbage itemization as the pvp gear has for 10x the effort.

Like it or not Heroic raiding is way harder than its been for the last 2 xpacs and is out of reach for most of the players who complain on this site. The only natural gear progression that is efficient in this game currently is pvp gear until full 197 and then try to maybe eek out some M+ for the great vault.

The discussion is about the vault, not reward from raids/dungeons.

For example, a +2 awards a 187ilvl at end of dungeon. However, the great vault will reward a 200ilvl. 200ilvl loot comes from a +7. Hope that clears it up for you.
    The target Reward for a +2 dungeon is still set to Ilvl 200, its not "Above the Difficulty".

+15 and above dungeons are meant as 5man Equivalent to Mythic raids, and they reward the same Gear in the Weekly Chest.

Mythic+ Dungeons drop in the End of Dungeon Chest loot below their Difficulty Level, because you can get Items every run you do.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I was talking about the Vault.
    Newsflash:
    The Vault awards loot for Raid, Mythic+ and PVP.
    Your trying to be witty but you don't really have a strong enough grasp of the topic for it. Please stop.

I think wow would be worse whitout a weekly chest.