Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    All the “we” in that, do you believe the community to be a hivemind?
    Do you even read the posts here? Everybody here speaks for the whole community

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    just get good anima powers
    Fixed for you, lol.

its not Choregast but BOREghast....

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    That makes it even less worth the time investment. You get a ground mount that has zero value outside the Maw (woot) and a title (woot). No cool transmogs, tabards, something with long term value like the Mage Tower weapons.

I mean, in about two more weeks I'll be Cordial with Venari from doing the weeklies alone and then I'll have zero reason to quest in the Maw or use the mount. I know Twisting Corridors is optional and all....but it's 144 floors of almost zero value.
    Mount is account wide I'm fairly sure.

Haven't bothered with the twisting corridors, but the rest of the torghast, yes, boring as anything. Level of boredness varies according to your class obviously. The good thing however is that once you get the ash for the legendary of your choice, no need to go there any more. Rest of the items there are vanity / quality of life related, not gameplay enhancing per se. I didn't like wintersaber trainers in vanilla, so I decided to leave the cat alone. Think the same will apply to these chorridors or whatever you like to call them. The game is not catered for an individual internet hero, be it me, op or anyone else out there.

I finished up TC last week and had a pretty fun time doing it, but I like solo content. Further, monk has a certain set of anima powers that if picked makes it basically impossible to lose. I personally find normal Torghast slightly annoying now, because it's not very likely I'll come across the build pieces I get in TC that make me an unstoppable killing machine.

Mount is account wide I'm fairly sure.
    Yes, I have the creeper on all my alts.
    Last edited by tamraine; 2021-01-18 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Formatting

I have the feeling that many haters on this forum have no self control. If you don't like something then don't do it? I don't like PvP and don't like LFR, but I simply ignore those things. Same for mount collection. Running an old raid once a week for a 1% chance of a mount drop? yeah, no thank you. But there are people that like this and that is fine.

So, simply ignore TC if you don't like it. Inventing Nicknames based on your personal feelings is childish, which coincides with having little self control. So there's only one advise to give: Grow up.

Agree. No chance I'll spend hours just to get a mount. Not worth it.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Problem is gear won't change it. If you can't clear it now, it's not a matter of gear so unless they plan on nerfing it, you still won't and I would be fairly sure it's going the way of mage tower when next xpac comes.
    How so? Genuine question, Surely someone at 180 ilvl and the same class/specc at 210 would clear it easier? Unless there's some gear scaling I haven't heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    How so? Genuine question, Surely someone at 180 ilvl and the same class/specc at 210 would clear it easier? Unless there's some gear scaling I haven't heard of.
    Better gear makes floor 1 to 11 easier, afterwards it's all about using the right anima traits. If one isn't able to understand good combinations with low gear, they wont be able to understand it with good gear.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Better gear makes floor 1 to 11 easier, afterwards it's all about using the right anima traits. If one isn't able to understand good combinations with low gear, they wont be able to understand it with good gear.
    Thanks, Makes sense

"This optional prestige thing is a chore"

This is one of those features, like the Mage Tower, specifically meant not to be for everyone. And that's fine.

This is why the Mage Tower was awesome and Twisting Corridors sucks.

Twisting Corridors takes for-freaking-ever and is terribly monotonous. It isn't particularly difficult for many specs even now in 9.0. Gear will eventually make it faster and easier for poor specs, but even then it'll still be boring.

Mage Tower was gated by skill and gear didn't make it faster, it made it beatable in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    On top of that apparently it was difficult for you hence the "finally reached the point where i can" so it was a challenge. Chores are usually viewed as trivial things that take up your time not challenges you need to struggle through.
    Challenging and tedious aren't mutually exclusive. And challenging doesn't always = fun either.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

If 18 hours for a mount sounds like too much to you, maybe just don't do it?

Spoiler: it's not long at all. People are farming some mounts for hundreds of hours.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Pretty fun doing it the first time.

Will probably repeat a couple of layers with different chars later, but other than that, have no intention of doing it often.

Nothing wrong with being done with content, especially like Twisting Corridors, where you gain no player power.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If 18 hours for a mount sounds like too much to you, maybe just don't do it?
    Translation: "X sucks, which justifies Y sucking too."

Maybe we should set our sights on fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Translation: "X sucks, which justifies Y sucking too."

Maybe we should set our sights on fun?
    Fun is subjective. Personally I had probably the best time in years of playing wow while doing corridors with a friend.

But yeah, the effort isn't that big as well. Sometimes you need to work to get a reward, not every activity has to be fun, sometimes it's the reward at the end and the pain you have to go through only makes it feel better.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I actually wish they released TC week 1 with a layer cap of 1, increasing by 1 per week. Yes, we still wouldn't have the mount, but giving that much power in 1 week to an 8+ hour activity wasn't really smart. Spread out over 8 weeks, though...

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It isn't though. On 18 floors you are much less rng dependent, because you are more likely to get key anima powers. also get all torghast upgrades and you are swimming in powers.
    the first floor is massivly RNG dependent, after that nah its as you say.

for example when i do twsiting corddiros for friends i constantly reset till i get the infernal pact power to start, then i pray we got a skeleton layer, cause then i get the ravnous orb and get unlimited anima on floor 3.
    i also hope for some possibly good demon powers early on to make it safer so my pet can get its stacks, i also hope for some greed stacks so i can get some passive phantasma so i can have enough for the orb and more at the first shop, and also to give me some later passive generation for when skeletons stop spawning.

if the first 2 floors go well, then its no more rng, its just normal, but the first floor, maybe first 2, are very much "i need these specific powers to drop at some capacity" and atleast you can control ONE power (your starting power)