Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Easy spec for PVP?

I PVP'd a little in Legion, but really haven't done a lot of PVP since Cataclysm or MoP.

Looking for some opinions on whats the top 3 easiest specs to play right now. Just looking to do non-rated, casual PVP. Melee preferred.

Frost Dk, DH, maybe ret paladin?

Ret pally, Frost DK, Fury War

10+ Year Old Account
    MM hunter,

Camouflage, Sniper Shot, Aimed Shot, Scatter Shot, Aimed Shot, ggkthxbb
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Paladin is generally the most forgiving melee class due to the strength of its cooldowns, minimal requirement for resource management, and the fact you don't really have to be aware of much around you since cc capabilities are limited

Next best would be something like DK or enhancement. I'd avoid warriors and especially rogues. They are pretty much useless if not played and geared well.

Guy below me is clueless.
    Last edited by intenz; 2021-01-18 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Frost Dk, DH, maybe ret paladin?
    Dh and Frost Dk are both on the bottom of the tier. Yes they are easy to play in theory. But If you arent a high xp you wont get far with them.

I would rather recommend sub rogue / warrior / shadow priest. As they are just press 1 2 3 but also have the tools for support and cc which you can use as you get better. However they are tanky and have enough damage so you dont need it at the beginning to win games.

And if you mean with casual pvp bgs 10/10 rogue as you can solo carry capture bgs

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I PVP'd a little in Legion, but really haven't done a lot of PVP since Cataclysm or MoP.

Looking for some opinions on whats the top 3 easiest specs to play right now. Just looking to do non-rated, casual PVP. Melee preferred.
    I don't understand what you want.

You can pick any class/spec and play if you don't care about MMR. They all work. Pick the fantasy/niche you like - it makes thing more fun. I was running demo lock - because litteraly nobody plays it(obviously troubled spec - but wanted to see how much I can push). Its also fun to see people get really uncomfy, as they now don't play against/with the expected(somtimes I can almost feel how my many demons are ruining my opponents UI).

If you want the easy way to 2K MMR - then you just look at the ladder board. Paladins and warriors are overrepresented. That would indicate that you don't have to try too hard due to balancing.

You will get really disappointed of the skillcap thou. People are these days using their big burst and facesmash. There is no kill setups, pretty targetswaps etc. Again - this is why warriors/paladins/DKs/WW monks are all in the game for(it was different back earlier expansions).

Sometimes it gets me to lose against a warrior, who don't even use all of the toolkit - as the avatar alone is more than enough to ruin you(maybe nothing else is worth a GCD in the meta). Meanwhile I have to fiddle with 5-8 different CDs and fully allocated 1-5 actionbar- DPS-rutine and lose.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-01-18 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Dh and Frost Dk are both on the bottom of the tier. Yes they are easy to play in theory. But If you arent a high xp you wont get far with them.

I would rather recommend sub rogue / warrior / shadow priest. As they are just press 1 2 3 but also have the tools for support and cc which you can use as you get better. However they are tanky and have enough damage so you dont need it at the beginning to win games.

And if you mean with casual pvp bgs 10/10 rogue as you can solo carry capture bgs

I see you're still clueless in terms in game knowledge, I wonder how long until you get banned of the forums again because you fly off the handle and start insulting people again?

Sub rogue and arms are both specs that require tons of practice and time to be good at, the guy is asking for an EASY PvP spec and you say arms and SUB? LOL They have so much keybinds and macros to makes. Also Rogues are terrible in bg's for new player, what the hell are you saying lolllllll????

The easiest melee spec in PvP are by far : Frost DK, Fury War, Havoc and Ret. But they are all melee. Fury is kinda weak in PvP right now too btw, but it's easy to play.

If you are looking for a caster, you can try Warlock but afflictions is kinda high skill cap and has a particular playstyle that needs time and practice to be good at (dot spread).

I would stay away from Mage, as they require more game knowledge than most casters.

Shadow Priest is also a good option but they tend to be more focus on the support kind of game play (off heals, swaps, shields, life grip) and also takes a little while to learn but they are worth it cause right now Shadow priest is good. I would recommend Supatease videos (he talks about shadow) if you decide to go that direction.

Also be careful when you ask questions like these "What is the easiest spec" on forums, sometimes you will encounter someone will absolutely no game knowledge that has no idea what he's talking about (ArenaDK), guy just make complaining posts every 3 months to complain about specs or because his class is too weak.

The easiest PvP class is a class that has less key bind then others. Takes less time to learn to be good with, so you can actually pay attention to what's going on in the game rather than what's going on with your class. Also, PvP is kinda big, you have arena, you have rated bg's, you have world pvp etc. I would suggest to play a class you love playing instead of trying to get something easy. Eventually, you'll get good with it, just takes times and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I see you're still clueless in terms in game knowledge, I wonder how long until you get banned of the forums again because you fly off the handle and start insulting people again?

Sub rogue and arms are both specs that require tons of practice and time to be good at, the guy is asking for an EASY PvP spec and you say arms and SUB? LOL They have so much keybinds and macros to makes. Also Rogues are terrible in bg's for new player, what the hell are you saying lolllllll????

The easiest melee spec in PvP are by far : Frost DK, Fury War, Havoc and Ret. But they are all melee. Fury is kinda weak in PvP right now too btw, but it's easy to play.

If you are looking for a caster, you can try Warlock but afflictions is kinda high skill cap and has a particular playstyle that needs time and practice to be good at (dot spread).

I would stay away from Mage, as they require more game knowledge than most casters.

Shadow Priest is also a good option but they tend to be more focus on the support kind of game play (off heals, swaps, shields, life grip) and also takes a little while to learn but they are worth it cause right now Shadow priest is good. I would recommend Supatease videos (he talks about shadow) if you decide to go that direction.

Also be careful when you ask questions like these "What is the easiest spec" on forums, sometimes you will encounter someone will absolutely no game knowledge that has no idea what he's talking about (ArenaDK), guy just make complaining posts every 3 months to complain about specs or because his class is too weak.

The easiest PvP class is a class that has less key bind then others. Takes less time to learn to be good with, so you can actually pay attention to what's going on in the game rather than what's going on with your class. Also, PvP is kinda big, you have arena, you have rated bg's, you have world pvp etc. I would suggest to play a class you love playing instead of trying to get something easy. Eventually, you'll get good with it, just takes times and dedication.
    Not to hurt your ego, but again sub rogue and arms are 3 button damage speccs who as I said can you support or stun abilitys which need a bit practice. But you basically can people by spamming 1 2 3 so they are good for beginner

Not to hurt your ego, but again sub rogue and arms are 3 button damage speccs who as I said can you support or stun abilitys which need a bit practice. But you basically can people by spamming 1 2 3 so they are good for beginner
    Can we get your armory and your current rating? Cause saying arms is an easy spec just makes everything you say kinda irrelevant. So where's your big rating ?

Can we get your armory and your current rating? Cause saying arms is an easy spec just makes everything you say kinda irrelevant. So where's your big rating ?
    Or instead of making strawmans, why not say what is complicated about the rotation of arms. between spamming mortal strike / ventri trait and bladestorm and if not ready use the 2 filler spells your have while preparing to charge fear/ stormbolt a healer.

Oh ? you mean spell reflect is hard ? O.o

Sub has:
    Symbols of Death, Shadow Dance, Shadow Blade, Slice and Dice, Shadowstrike, CS, KS, Blind, Vanish, Kick, Rupture, Marked for Death, your Covenant Ability... that's not even all.

Whats the 1 2 3 buttons you're using?

Genuinely curious why you think this, I find Sub to be the most involved spec currently in the game and avoid it like the plague. Assassin is much simpler but it just doesn't have the burst potential.

Thanks for everyones recommends though, I think Ret seems to be the perfect balance of easy / powerful for me.

Sub has:
    Symbols of Death, Shadow Dance, Shadow Blade, Slice and Dice, Shadowstrike, CS, KS, Blind, Vanish, Kick, Rupture, Marked for Death, your Covenant Ability... that's not even all.

Genuinely curious why you think this, I find Sub to be the most involved spec currently in the game and avoid it like the plague. Assassin is much simpler but it just doesn't have the burst potential.

Thanks for everyones recommends though, I think Ret seems to be the perfect balance of easy / powerful for me.
    You could make such a list of ability’s with every class tbh. Even frost dk I could list 15 ability’s and act as if they are hard to rotate. But since the changes to shadow dance which make it a shadowstrike spamer, sub became really simple.

Half of the stuff you listed makes rogue simple not harder. For example mark for death. Is literally press a button get a free ability.

Slice and dice is just something you have to deactivate every 45 seconds, and even if you forget it won’t make your damage drop to zero.

Having more damage cds doesn’t make a class harder but easier. It’s like saying playing breath of sindra build is harder then playing obliterate. No the one button doesn’t make it harder but simpler.

Rogue having millions of tools to skip steps makes it 1 2 3 as you have to play less smart then you would if you didn’t have for example vanish. Without vanish resetting would require timing and such. Now it’s one button

Difficulty for any spec comes hardly from how you execute their burst or sustained dps rotations. I'd argue there are several melee specs that are overall easier and more forgiving to play than sub. Sub deals very low sustained damage and relies a lot on ability to setup kills. If the setup fails for one reason or another, rogue is pretty much the squishiest spec in the game so you'll need to find a way to survive until your (or your teams) next go. If only thing required from the spec was pressing 123 during cheapshot, every rogue would be 3k rating. It's everything else that makes the spec somewhat hard to play.

For both Ret and Arms, bot deal pretty good sustained damage, although ret is more burst oriented of the 2. Both are also simple to play offensively and are quite self-reliant, but require some skill to time your utility skills correctly (Banner, Intervene etc. for Warr and Blessings for Ret).

Frost DK might be the easiest melee to play in vacuum. Problem is the spec is very poor on 1v1 fight due to low survivability and very high amount of your damage comes from Chill Streak which requires 2 targets next to each other. The spec works as a setupbot for other melee specs (ww, arms, ret) in 3v3 and is underpowered as the sole melee.

Overall my vote would go for ret in terms of power and simplicity of the spec.

Simple specs are bait, when you figure them out, which doesn't take very long, not having utility and options to get out of given situations is just incredibly frustrating. Just play what you like the look of, you'll get over the keybinds and rotations in a couple of weeks, then you'll be extremely thankful for the tools you're given.

Or instead of making strawmans, why not say what is complicated about the rotation of arms. between spamming mortal strike / ventri trait and bladestorm and if not ready use the 2 filler spells your have while preparing to charge fear/ stormbolt a healer.

Oh ? you mean spell reflect is hard ? O.o
    No armory link... As expected. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop trying to tell people that Sub rogues and Arms warriors are easy and go complain about how DK is weak even though it was in AWC.

Why would it be my job to explain to you how arms is complicated? You can find ALL of this by yourself big man.

Sub has:

Don't waste your time with ArenaDK, trust me on this. Guy gets banned once a month on forum and always post complaining post about everything that is hard to deal with in PvP. He has no idea what he is talking about as well.

Don't make the mistake he is saying. Sub rogue is not a class for beginners at all, or arms. Try Frost DK, Havoc or Fury War (Planning to go arms eventually if you put the time into it)

Just ignore him, he's not a reference for PvP activies
    Last edited by MakePvPGreatAgain; 2021-01-19 at 01:43 PM.

These are your options:

1. Ret paladin. It has enough damage and enough defensives for you to be able to either succeed or get out of most situations. Downside: rather vulnerable to kiting.

2. Shadow priest. Same as above. Downside: requires a high APM, particularly during Void Form, and you may find yourself looking at your actionbar too much.

3. Balance druid. Basically what Survival Hunter used to be before Blizzard destroyed it in Legion, and as such it's very strong in most 1v1 situations, not to mention it's the king of aoe in bgs. Downside: BOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIING!!! (at least for me).

I do not recommend MM Hunter despite what some people here are saying. MM has a lot of keys, mostly utility keys, so even though it has a 3 key rotation, it has a lot of buttons for utilities when you add up the actives from both PVE and PVP talents, and you need everything.

No armory link... As expected. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop trying to tell people that Sub rogues and Arms warriors are easy and go complain about how DK is weak even though it was in AWC.

Why would it be my job to explain to you how arms is complicated? You can find ALL of this by yourself big man.

Don't waste your time with ArenaDK, trust me on this. Guy gets banned once a month on forum and always post complaining post about everything that is hard to deal with in PvP. He has no idea what he is talking about as well.

Don't make the mistake he is saying. Sub rogue is not a class for beginners at all, or arms. Try Frost DK, Havoc or Fury War (Planning to go arms eventually if you put the time into it)

Just ignore him, he's not a reference for PvP activies
    I didnt watch all games, but the ones i watched dk lost hard with not even getting any big cds from the other team? So how many wins loses did dk teams have ? Just participating doesnt mean much.

Also we both know that if i link a sub 2,1 armory you will call me noob and if i link higher you will call me boosted. because you have some weird fetish hate on me.
    while also being hypocritical by refusing to explain WHY you think warrior is hard to play.

Also you are lying about banns and punishments on this forum , while even talking about such is against the rules. Also I have some bad news for you if you think sub is hard to play , specially in casual bg.
    @Aucald I know pvp forum has no moderator, but cant you do something about him lying about me being banned / discussing that topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal attacks and snide remarks end here. Discuss the topic, not each other.