Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Clone??? are you joking rn? cat stun is asking to die, meld is only nelf, bash is5 yd range, incap is 5yd range
    If you can't figure out how to coordinate one person on your team interrupting/stunning/fearing/incapping/trapping/etc a target in PVP during a damage cooldown I'm afraid there isn't much hope for you.

It's comically easy to counter through multiple avenues available to every class. However if that is too much for you I'd suggest trying out a holy paladin. Just roll your face on an assortment of instant cast buttons and you'll be fine. It's probably more your speed.
    Last edited by Didly; 2021-01-18 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    If you can't figure out how to coordinate one person on your team interrupting/stunning/fearing/incapping/trapping/etc a target in PVP during a damage cooldown I'm afraid there isn't much hope for you.
    Nah
    You need inhuman reactions to stop the damage of him coming out of stealth.

I saw it first hand yesterday in arena

druid pops out of stealth
    Does one cast
    My healer insta loses half his HP bar

Badabim badabum DEAD friendly healer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Nah
    You need inhuman reactions to stop the damage of him coming out of stealth.

I saw it first hand yesterday in arena

druid pops out of stealth
    Does one cast
    My healer insta loses half his HP bar

Badabim badabum DEAD friendly healer
    Your healer Q'd into a boomkin and wasn't prepared for a root beam/convoke opener?

And you are suggesting the problem here is convoke?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Damage just feels too low now. I'm playing with rogue on my holy paladin and it's hard to kill double dps combos because they heal so much.
    Sub rogue damage is not in a great place right now in RBGs either.

When you pull a cheap shot, shadowstrike and double 5 combo point eviscerates on a target and it -may- bring the target to sub 10%... life sucks. Your cheap shot is over, and they've bubbled, turtled, cauterized and blink/ice nova'd or my favorite, come back to life for 10 seconds at 1 HP. I have 27% versatility and the goddamn crit legendary. I should be able to put pressure on a solo DPS sitting a base, not roll the dice on whether I'm going to kill the guy before DR sets in or have to play spin the flag while reinforcements arrive to turn me into a fine red mist.

Your healer Q'd into a boomkin and wasn't prepared for a root beam/convoke opener?

And you are suggesting the problem here is convoke?
    who said anything about beam root

After we insta lost that arena we rewatched the recording to see what happened.

Even in slow motion it was really fast. You actuallly need insane reactions to survive what happened to us..
    The replay was a boomy coming out of stealth and doing a 13k-something to our healer followed by damage by his partner

Actually insanely fast

Didly, it reeks of bias when you're so adamant that you resort to patronizing other people who disagree with you and dismiss their points entirely. Yes, it's interruptible (granted it starts doing damage immediately), but the fact an ability even has the potential to arbitrarily 100-0 in 0.5-0.75s is lazy and lackluster design IMO.
    Last edited by Syh; 2021-01-19 at 05:33 AM.

It's comically easy to counter through multiple avenues available to every class. However if that is too much for you I'd suggest trying out a holy paladin. Just roll your face on an assortment of instant cast buttons and you'll be fine. It's probably more your speed.
    Yeah so hard he clone me and just 1 shot my healer he must be insane 3k player

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit disappointed in arenas as well but this always happens early in the expansion.
    I don't play 3v3 though. My arena matches last at most a minute. Sometimes even less than ten seconds. It's a bit annoying they I die so fast. I expect this to change once we get more hp and versatility.
    The trinket bonus is not very good though. 40% bonus is only for damage and healing, not damage reduction. This should change.

Funny how everyone is blaming convoke. Sure, it deals a lot of damage but you have so many ways to stop it. Nah, nevermind, let's check the ratings.

First Moonkin in 2n2: 2.4k - Highest Rating: 2.8k
    First Moonkin in 3n3: 2.9k - Highest Rating: 3.3k

Why isn't a Balance everywhere #1 or #2?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    Funny how everyone is blaming convoke. Sure, it deals a lot of damage but you have so many ways to stop it. Nah, nevermind, let's check the ratings.

Exactly. Truth is good pvp players easily counterplay Convoke. They get 1 out of 4 seconds of casting at max.

Melee cleave Arms / Pal / WW and Fire Mage are way more consistent with OP burst twice as often while having better defensive CDs than a Boomkin. It's a no brainer really.

I think it's less about boomkins being OP, and more just about convoke being a very RNG skill that can be frustrating to deal with.
    I had a game where I interrupted a convoke at around 1/4th of the cast, and it still more or less one-shot me.
    Yes there are counter plays, but it's still frustrating to have to deal with :P.

Granted, I want them to nerf all paladin specs, WW(which I play at a shit level), and warriors, before they touch anything else :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    What are you playing with? resto shaman is like best healer right now. Play resto shaman & warrior/monk/rogue/mage/ret and get easy 2.2k ...
    isn't that the point op is making? that certain classes are easy mode and need to be fixed?

Wow pvp is worst in small scale, every design n balance issue is much more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Exactly. Truth is good pvp players easily counterplay Convoke. They get 1 out of 4 seconds of casting at max.

Melee cleave Arms / Pal / WW and Fire Mage are way more consistent with OP burst twice as often while having better defensive CDs than a Boomkin. It's a no brainer really.
    In the first two weeks of Arena, I had troubles with Moonkin/DPS/Heal in 3s but but we (5 Friends with different classes, we change comp to have fun or get cap, no hardcore PvP-Players or FOTM-Meta-Tryhards) just played differently against teams with Druids. This is what PvP is all about, at least in my opinion, adaptation.

If you just run into the arena and get stunned on an open field without any prep or support of your teammates, the fault lies fully at the player. Not the enemy.

RMP or Meleetrain Teams are much more annoying imo.

How about not balancing a game around top 0.1% players? Convoke is badly designed spell I don't get how you can defend this terrible design

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    How about not balancing a game around top 0.1% players? Convoke is badly designed spell I don't get how you can defend this terrible design
    It's a really fun CD but that is about it. Cut it and you kill the covenant pretty much. Nerf it without putting back significant damage in core Feral / Boomy abilities and you hurt Druids in PVE and send them further down the ladder. That's why Blizz is not acting on it.

If it was up to me, i would scratch any kind on borrowed powers. No conduits / no covenant abilities. And put back the damage into the core abilities. So trust me i am not defending it. But seeing everyone focusing on this ability when Arms / WW / Ret / Protadin / Fire Mage are live how they are currently, it does not make sense to me. Why complain about them when Team Avengers over is way above their level?

It's a really fun CD but that is about it. Cut it and you kill the covenant pretty much. Nerf it without putting back significant damage in core Feral / Boomy abilities and you hurt Druids in PVE and send them further down the ladder. That's why Blizz is not acting on it.

If it was up to me, i would scratch any kind on borrowed powers. No conduits / no covenant abilities. And put back the damage into the core abilities. So trust me i am not defending it. But seeing everyone focusing on this ability when Arms / WW / Ret / Protadin / Fire Mage are live how they are currently, it does not make sense to me. Why complain about them when Team Avengers over is way above their level?
    Inb4 Blizzard:
    "Due to balancing issues, the team has decided to disable cov and soul bind abilities in rated pvp to better promote player skill and ingenuity" /s

I don't play Boomy, but I'd like to see something like "Convoke can no longer cast any form of moon, but will also no longer cast random ass feral bleeds or HoTs either. This should make the damage profile more consistent and reliable"

A 4 seconds spell that makes you lose the game if you don't react to it every 2 minutes sounds a little strong especially for the lower rated players.

Arena is annoying right now unless you play one of the "chosen" classes.

Convoke and Pala nerf was fine.
    Next nerf warri utility, ww burst, and firemage again.
    Buff dh nerf hunt.
    Buff unholy dk damage and def

After this nerf all arena instant heals and absorbs for about 20 %.

Than you have a real fast meta. Not a slow meta with overtuned def and off CDs like combustion, storm earth fire, rapid fire legy, Convoke, hunt, kyraner ret ability.
    All this stupid CDs should get nerfed and bring more damage out of the houses back to the class.
    More ms less stupid condemn
    Less CDs on shots more constant pressure over all classes.
    Reduce stupid hybrid heal power and instant heals for more than 50 % hp.