Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Listen if Chris Davis can make 161 million with a .168 batting average......
    *RIP Orioles fans*

10+ Year Old Account
    A mail-in farewell speech. Can't decipher what it's about, a recipe for potato salad?

Bye Felicia!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Wow his lifelong friend Frederick Douglass made it on the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    A mail-in farewell speech. Can't decipher what it's about, a recipe for potato salad?

Bye Felicia!
    The comments are... special.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

anyone made a pardon bingo card yet?

£20 on maxwell

£20 on maxwell
    100 bucks on ivanaakaaah but not Jr... cause....ummm....boobs?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    The comments are... special.
    I'm surprised as well. Are the comments and ratings rigged? Trump videos usually get downvoted into oblivion with scathing comments

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm surprised as well. Are the comments and ratings rigged? Trump videos usually get downvoted into oblivion with scathing comments
    Well, that's because he's a shitty fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, that's because he's a shitty fascist.
    and his wife is any different to receive different treatment?

You really put in the minimum effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No Steve Rogers... I am sad...
    No Fred Rogers either.
    /s

Maybe she shouldn't support fascists...

As it should be for racist pieces of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

She is basically nothing more than a mail order bride, that got into this country on questionable means, that posed nude for magazines, that literally stole other peoples' speeches to use them as her own with her ridiculous accent. She is also a piece of shit with her "Be Best" campaign that didn't remind her shitty husband how to actually be best. And then wearing that fucking coat, fuck her.

So.. About the garden of American heroes... why the fuck is Columbus on that list? He was a rapist murderer, an italian who traveled thanks to the spanish crown and never ever set foot on the americas (only on some of the islands)...

- - - Updated - - -

£20 on maxwell
    10 bucks on pardoning his family, and i would put 5 bucks (not afraid to lose em), some of the rioters.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    why the fuck is Columbus on that list? He was a rapist murderer,
    You answered your own question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. About the garden of American heroes... why the fuck is Columbus on that list? He was a rapist murderer, an italian who traveled thanks to the spanish crown and never ever set foot on the americas (only on some of the islands)...
    You forgot slaver.

That combined with the first two qualities you listed makes him someone to idolize in much of the USA.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Columbus, for a good long time in America, was taught as a noble explorer who valiantly braved treacherous oceans to discover the new world. That narrative usually then does a giant time skip from 1492 to the Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock in 1620, with nary another thought put to Columbus or his genocide.

However, that narrative as of late has luckily come under much greater scrutiny, with a lot more being taught (at least in colleges) about how Columbus was actually a violent, exploitative and feckless man, upon whom even his contemporaries said "this guy is fucking nuts."

Much like with doing away with the "lost noble cause of the confederacy" angle, pushing this greater understanding of history is ruffling the feathers of many conservatives who want the American lineage to be one of only shining examples: That you don't have to assess your current actions, because the spotless glories of the past have ordained you with the power to take action beyond reproach. Revealing that some part of what created you was actually stained with blood, destruction, and murder perpetrated on innocent people calls that whole narrative into question.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people in the comments are sucking her dick like they owe her money, when the past few years have shown that there aren't much uses for her outside of an onahole. If that.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

142,022 new cases and 1,422 deaths bringing the total to 408,620. The numbers today are largely meaningless both because it's Monday and because it's a holiday and therefore it's woefully underreported. Tomorrow's numbers will likely be affected as well.

Not sure where I'll be taking this once the TRUMP SHITSHOW comes to an end given that it's likely to be an ongoing urgent problem for most of the year still thanks to Trump's admin fucking it up from the start. I'd rather not pollute the General COVID-19 thread with politics (which is why I've always done the updates here, for those of you still wondering) and I'm not sure I want to dump it in the Biden thread--unless his administration also starts fucking things up. I'll figure it out by the time the end of the thread comes, I guess.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Columbus, for a good long time in America, was taught as a noble explorer who valiantly braved treacherous oceans to discover the new world. That narrative usually then does a giant time skip from 1492 to the Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock in 1620, with nary another thought put to Columbus or his genocide.
    Also worth a mention is that the first celebration of Columbus Day in the United States was in 1891 after the brutal lynching of 11 Italian-Americans in an effort to mend diplomatic problems with Italy and build some solidarity with Italian-Americans. I don't know what the average American thought of Columbus in 1840 (if anything), but by the early 1900s, the holiday was clearly about celebrating Italian-American culture. Cultures have their heroes and the historical figure often doesn't have that much to do with it.