Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry Monk in Raid..... :(

Well got pick-up for raid at castle as healer. Great ? yes.

But no. Why me, why a MW ? They were clear in the first 10sec after joining, "kick everything you see for the 5% physical buf"..... the heal was a bonus (and I'm sure there were no WW in the queue or they would not even have considered a MW).

It would be about time, the MW got some real raid use, buf or cd. Even a battle rez would be welcome (and it should be standard for all heal class).

MW is correct in all, but excel in none. Everything we do, someone else can do it better or "cheaper".

Yes I'm sad, I've been playing monk since MOP as WW, BM and MW.... and no changes for good, we got nerf (a lot), we got up (a little, but always less than all others), but the final result is that we are always the last ones to be considered.

I want my MoP MW back, with manatea, chi, green bubble mastery, stronger fistweaving and more fun spells, like chitorpedo is healing...

Chiwave undertunrd for years now, we go oom so fast, the pvp talent that vivify reset the duration of essencefont buff should be a general talent, and the artifact weapon spell should be a nice spotheal aswell... Monk got so many cool mechanics and spells, and all got nerfed/removed.

I really low MW, but the lack of love we got the last years is just sad.

I dont need to be the best healingspec in the game, i just want more fun mechanics and spells back.

You just got invited to a raid because of a class unique debuff but then you turn around and say you need more spec specific uses? If you are pugging raids you are more than capable of being the best healer in there just by playing well and the healers for the most part this tier are very balance don the heroic raid level.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...y=4&metric=hps

Obviously that is heroic but we are talking pug raid level here and all the healers are incredibly close with shaman arguably being a stand out. MW is also insanely strong at the one "healer boss" in the raid having the highest parse by over 1k hps even in mythic so clearly you do have some uniqueness. Then to drag Brm into this when brm has been a top 2-3 tank for the past 2 expansions and is still strong today. This thread feels like a meme.

Edit: I'm not against mw getting some attention they have been behind the curve for quite a few tiers now but you make it seem super dire when really its just some small number love they need.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know we have this debuf, but that's all. And they clearly invited just for the debuf, healing was "bonus". Earing "kick everything you see for the 5% physical buf" make me feel like the old mage you bring just for the table or the demo for the portal.
    At least on my server (EU) it's nearly impossible to get in MM+/raid as MW.. or there were no other healer available.

Monk are not bad, for playing WW, MW or BM since MOP, I know what we can do, but each time you try to explain it to non-monk you get same answers.
    Other healer are either better (or seens better) or bring something else, or may be it's the view that player have on monk that is so bad.

And yes, may be just small adjustment are needed, we are not so bad, but we need thing that would make other player/group considering us as heal or dps (tank is fine for now from what I see). A little less mana-hungry, a battle rez, a raid wide stagger (either constant for small value or as an active skill for WTF situation). Something where we would hear "let's take a monk with us for xxx" and not "crap, nobody is free, we have to take the monk if we don't want to wait..."

Here is the issue. If you are a monk and healing. You should be also doing dmg so the buff should be apied anyways. Good mw monks are on melee hitting the boss while healing.

Bad mw monks stay with ranged. It is just how it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Here is the issue. If you are a monk and healing. You should be also doing dmg so the buff should be apied anyways. Good mw monks are on melee hitting the boss while healing.

Bad mw monks stay with ranged. It is just how it is.
    that's true, same with palies although melee is rather crowded so adding healers there is "interesting" developers choice to say the least :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    that's true, same with palies although melee is rather crowded so adding healers there is "interesting" developers choice to say the least :P
    It's not that you run out of space, so there is no real problem about that. Mechanics must be done anyway, doing it with 5 melee or 10, doesn't change anything. Given the current tuning of fights, there is nothing that devastating where melee have it so bad they can't be played (I'd argue instead that among the top dps specs ranged
    dominate).

Mistweaver in raids is amazing: RJW is a fantastic heal for stacked raids or just for the melee groups (yeah, must be in melee 90% of the time), Chi-Ji is also a very good CD when you pair it with the Ancient Teaching legendary and Rising Mist.
    You can stay at range, but then why play MW? It does nothing special as a ranged healer: throughput is inferior, you get no mana back with BOKs, so you have more problems in prolonged or intense healing fights, you don't contribute with damage at all and... I don't know, it seems pointless to me, maybe I'm wrong. The beauty of MW is that you can do massive healing and some decent damage by using all the toolset of abilities you have (almost).

IF I had a wish, I'd ask for an interrupt in MW spec, aka Spear Hand Strike, everything else about the current state of the spec is just that good for me.

You should play a Resto shaman if you want to heal and occasionally nuke from afar, they are amazing healers as well and can throw the occasional Flame Shock + Lava Burst (and spam LB when the fight allows for all-out dps from healers).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    It's not that you run out of space, so there is no real problem about that. Mechanics must be done anyway, doing it with 5 melee or 10, doesn't change anything. Given the current tuning of fights, there is nothing that devastating where melee have it so bad they can't be played (I'd argue instead that among the top dps specs ranged
    dominate).

Mistweaver in raids is amazing: RJW is a fantastic heal for stacked raids or just for the melee groups (yeah, must be in melee 90% of the time), Chi-Ji is also a very good CD when you pair it with the Ancient Teaching legendary and Rising Mist.
    You can stay at range, but then why play MW? It does nothing special as a ranged healer: throughput is inferior, you get no mana back with BOKs, so you have more problems in prolonged or intense healing fights, you don't contribute with damage at all and... I don't know, it seems pointless to me, maybe I'm wrong. The beauty of MW is that you can do massive healing and some decent damage by using all the toolset of abilities you have (almost).

IF I had a wish, I'd ask for an interrupt in MW spec, aka Spear Hand Strike, everything else about the current state of the spec is just that good for me.

You should play a Resto shaman if you want to heal and occasionally nuke from afar, they are amazing healers as well and can throw the occasional Flame Shock + Lava Burst (and spam LB when the fight allows for all-out dps from healers).
    well just healers have other job than keeping an eye on mechanics that mele can avoid rather easy thats all
    but i suppose not everyone have problem with that

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Regarding the stuff above.

It's not as simple as "well, just go fistweaving then and hang in melee!!". Lots (most?) of us prefer the oldschool healing style by standing at range, good overview, tossing your heals and avoid leghumping bosses. Me personally love healing at range and I hate being in melee and up until this exp, I could always do that as a monk healer, i.e. heal well from a ranged point of view. Why should I have to completely change my playstyle and where I am in the battle?

This is like saying to hunters in next expansion: Well, now that BM and MM are completely useless in dps but Survival rocks, just ditch all you like about the class and go in there, pretending to be a warrior and melee those toes to death.

Not eveyone wanna jump to new specs, playstyles or FOTM classes every other patch. Some changes are good but not on a fundamental level, imho!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post

It's not as simple as "well, just go fistweaving then and hang in melee!!". Lots (most?) of us prefer the oldschool healing style by standing at range, good overview, tossing your heals and avoid leghumping bosses. Me personally love healing at range and I hate being in melee and up until this exp, I could always do that as a monk healer, i.e. heal well from a ranged point of view. Why should I have to completely change my playstyle and where I am in the battle?

This is like saying to hunters in next expansion: Well, now that BM and MM are completely useless in dps but Survival rocks, just ditch all you like about the class and go in there, pretending to be a warrior and melee those toes to death.

Not eveyone wanna jump to new specs, playstyles or FOTM classes every other patch. Some changes are good but not on a fundamental level, imho!
    I see your point and I agree, but given the level of dps some healers can push (I'm looking at you holy paladin), they start to make a difference. I have no mythic raiding experience, so that's not my playing field and I'll say nothing about it, but up to heroic, on some kills, maybe during progression, healer (and tank) dps can be noticeable, it allows dps to focus more on "not dying", even if they lose 3-5% dps because others will cover for that loss.

I honestly don't want players to feel forced to dps or let alone encounters balanced on healers dpsing all the time (I've had enough of that in FF14) and I can understand. I hope Blizz will do something about it to make MW less mana taxed for those who don't throw many BoKs. Or give them a tool to get some mana back at range (random idea: what about a channel of CJL giving back some % mana? Like 0,75% mana per second spent channeling max 4 seconds for a total of 3% mana). I think that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post

I had to battle with this for a while with my warlock that I had been maining for years and years after legion launched. I absolutely hated what they did to the class with the overhaul everything got in legion. But I kept playing and kept getting increasingly burned out and bitter. BFA was my branch before I hit the ground but by the time we finished uldir I reached peak burnout and ultimately ended up quitting the game for the xpac.

For shadowlands I knew I had to look for a new class, one that didn't carry the baggage of being something I loved playing years ago that had turned into something completely different. Its like being in a relationship and you two have grown apart but you're still sitting there fighting for the person to go back to being who they were. Its not gonna happen, and the sooner you let go and find someone new the better.

I tried everything in the lead up to SL, every single spec I could be mildly interested in and even some I didn't terribly like the idea of. Even then I still struggled with it, I rerolled twice at the start of shadowlands. But now I've finally settled on something I enjoy for what it is now instead of playing something I don't enjoy in hopes that it'll one day become what it used to be. I'm much happier that I finally just went with what I found the most fun right now instead of trying to hold onto something that I don't enjoy anymore.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.