Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just look at how many visit and reply on mmo-champion website, you will know that players are quitting fast.

I think the game is at its finest it has been in a veery long time.

M+ is a side activity that you can pursue if you want to.

Raiding is still the spot to get the bis gear from.

PvP is comparable and better than mythic raid gear in some ways which is actually awesome, because that's what the game in its inception was supposto be anyway (warcraft).

Other misc. activities, are where they've always been, optional for people who want to do them, who have time to do them, etc.

And being high-end, no longer seems to require you to play until your eyes bleed. (I can refer to the interview Preach did with the Limit and Echo dudes a while back for comments on this).

Logging in once a week is absolutely okay. This means that you can now, have a personal life, do other activities/hobbies/games, etc.
    The only ones having an issue are people who are seemingly limiting themselves to this one game only. (which I actually am part of too btw) The fix is easy, go do something else in the meanwhile, or pvp.

PS. Or play alts.

Solution is super simple. Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What grinds are you talking about and ask yourself if they are grind you pressure yourself into doing because you can't stop, rather then the game being the issue.
    yeah im guessing im the problem tbh.... im not having fun anymore, i dont want to farm anima, i tired of doing keystones.... maybe its just my time to go for a while.

this happens when only decent way to gear up in pve game are pvp activities.

playerbase leaves such game.

Ion should be fired for this disaster of expansion

If you're logging in once a week just for a chance at gear, why are you even playing? Why log in at all if you're not doing more than 10% of the content?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Nah, WoW PvP is not really for me. I've played DAoC extensively in the past, which is an older MMO. Anyone that played DAoC knows that it's incredibly hard to play PvP in another game, because DAoC PvP was just the best system ever.
    I played a ton of DAOC and definitely disagree.

I’m shuddering thinking of buff botted infiltrators with a 9 second stun or just straight killing a clothie with Perferate Artery.

The CC break was an RvR talent on a 30 minute cooldown.

Casters got spells interrupted passively by melee just being in them.

Dying and releasing took 15 minutes waiting for wizards to port you to the zones.

Was a mess. Fun, but a mess.

I actually love raid logging. Not being punished for doing so is a great thing.

Also, be careful what you wish for, because Blizzard's grand "solution" to the raid logging "problem" was to have everyone mindlessly grind AP on a stupid island.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    You sound like someone who has a lot of time on their hands :P
    I barely manage to show up for my raid hours
    That is true. I do have a lot of time on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've come to the same conclusion recently. It's not that WoW is bad, it's that I'm not interested in what it's offering any longer. I'm pretty darn casual, refusing to do any content that requires manual grouping, and it feels like now that the covenant campaign is over and the covenant gear is better than anything offered from LFR there's really just nothing for me to do other than grind piddling amount of Anima for minor rewards.

On the plus side, this has given me time to get invested into other games that I'm enjoying very much like MTG Arena and STO.
    yeah. i hope i can unplug from wow for a while, its been 16 years. addiction is a real bitch and hard to control

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not comparing the games.... wha?...

- - - Updated - - -

Your logic here doesnt really hold up. You arguments are all over the place and doesnt support your previous argument or go against mine
    My argument is simple

You can’t complain about the gearing system if you don’t use the system

Tbh. The content is there. You just decided heroic is the only thing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    My argument is simple

You can’t complain about the gearing system if you don’t use the system
    And you dont use the system unless you use the entire system or?

Once again your argument seems a little weak.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    So what are you saying here? The next logical course of progression is mythic, if you do mythic you get higher gear as a reward.

If you don’t want to do mythic raiding, and you don’t want to do anything other than raiding, then well done you beat 9.0. Unsub then resub when the next raid comes out - that’s what I am doing and I don’t see any problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Yeah it is damn boring

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

It feels SO good being able to just be done, to not have more to do if I dont want it. This is a very GOOD thing. If you need more WoW make an alt, if you dont it gives you time to do other games too.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Question, what sort of time commitment do you believe you need to commit to?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Logging only once a week is good for players' mental and physical health.

It shows Blizzard's care towards players' health during covid pandemic.

I mean, the core element of any RPG is character progression. If you have reached your goal and don't want to push further content then congratulations you have beaten the game.

There's plenty of content left to do, you just don't want to do it. That's a you problem. So yes, you've done exactly what blizzard intended. You pushed for your goals,met them, and ended up with a decent ilvl regardless of crap raid drops so obviously you were playing other aspects of the game. You won. Blizzard won. See you next patch.

I am about to this same Point Honestly, I am currently having a lot of fun with PVP, but now that I can almost get an entire set of 197 Gear from just doing story missions it is very hard to even waste time in Normal raids and M+ is just not fun when as a tank all you do is run away and kit... Not fun for me. Once I am at 200 ish Ilvl I can basically do any content I care about in the game at the level I care about . But truth be told I love this about it I am ready to step into the next raid/ patch and can do some PVP from time to time and then Log off for a day or 3 or even longer and step back in after that. I miss being able to be "Done" with the content I loved being BIS geared back in BC-CATA and just being able to play other games.