10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Lmao idiot woman. I seriously wonder did she really think she could outrun fucking FBI on their home turf.
    I been reading some memes about that guy with horns with chest open. He seems to be not able to eat in prison as they are not using organic vegetables?
    Is this correct? lmao ffs
    Let's remember, most of these people had the disposable time and income to travel via airline during a global pandemic to go start a ruckus.

These people aren't genuinely aggrieved. They aren't facing major economic hardships or instability or oppression. In essence, they have no skin in the game beyond the fact that they don't like that their guy lost. They're used to expecting the world to bow to them, and this is what they do when they don't get what they want. Throw a deadly tantrum like a bunch of toddlers with guns. A veritable armed insurrection of "I want to speak with your manager" while brandishing an expired coupon... and also a gun, and kicking down said manager's door while holding the gun to the cashier's head.

These are fairly privileged people. Economically, demographically, you name it. So I can't bring myself to be totally surprised that they thought they'd just sort of "get away with it" either by merit of thinking their idiotic traitorous plan would work, (I don't think many of them thought that would happen, and were primarily there to cause a violent scene in protest) or that it would all come to not and that they, in their privileged world where they generally get what they want and face no real hardships in life, would just kind of be let off the hook by the FBI who would just say "oh you right-wing terrorists, always up to shenanigans! Get out of here, you crazy kids!"

It's the same thing as the Bundys seizing federal property with guns and having a standoff with federal officers because Bundy disagreed with federal law, with most of the offenders simply being let off the hook despite endangering numerous lives. It's a precedent that needs to change, and I hope as many of these traitors as can be caught live a non-trivial amount of the rest of their lives in jail.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-19 at 05:36 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always find comments to the effect of "You liberals should stop doing X, it's making the Trumpers all the more violent and unwilling to listen to you". As if they were ever willing to listen, and most of them have been threatening or committing violence for years. White enthno-nationalism has enjoyed a couple of centuries of police friendliness. They're now surprised and shocked to find that law enforcement agencies are hunting them down as they *GASP* Committing crimes.

I'll continue to say it, the party of law and order was never about law and order. It was a thinly veiled dog whistle about putting people of color in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    These are fairly privileged people. Economically, demographically, you name it. So I can't bring myself to be totally surprised that they thought they'd just sort of "get away with it" either by merit of thinking their idiotic traitorous plan would work, (I don't think many of them thought that would happen, and were primarily there to cause a violent scene in protest) or that it would all come to not and that they, in their privileged world where they generally get what they want and face no real hardships in life, would just kind of be let off the hook by the FBI who would just say "oh you right-wing terrorists, always up to shenanigans! Get out of here, you crazy kids!"
    As pointed out, these are people who generally are far more bold around law enforcement because they know they'll be treated with lenience. There's even a video of some guy being pinned to the ground by the police screaming "YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE A BLACK PERSON". Just imagine if the world suddenly flipped, and law enforcement was very hostile towards white people, and began actively seeking them out, with no real reason to think they'd committed a crime, but just to see if they were committing a crime. Many of them would be caught with marijuana, or doing something else illegal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Lmao idiot woman. I seriously wonder did she really think she could outrun fucking FBI on their home turf.
    I been reading some memes about that guy with horns with chest open. He seems to be not able to eat in prison as they are not using organic vegetables?
    Is this correct? lmao ffs
    It's true. He's a vegan and his mother said that he gets weally weally sick in his little tummy wummy if he doesn't get organic food

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's true. He's a vegan and his mother said that he gets weally weally sick in his little tummy wummy if he doesn't get organic food
    Well, good riddance I guess. How I see this is like, a swarm of vandals defiled a holy ground of your nation. Caused death and destruction. Such defilement must be dealt with an utmost show of might. Such sacrilege cannot go unpunished. Organic food? You better get used to anally anguished for the rest of you life while eating together with pigs.

I am not a religious person by the way but as an outsider and avid gamer, this is how I imagined, viewed things that happened in the USA. (playing too much rpg I guess).

Also Trump pardoning himself is mindblowing. How in the hell is that even possible? He does not even need to put it on a legal formal. lol just a note from trump to trump? wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, good riddance I guess. How I see this is like, a swarm of vandals defiled a holy ground of your nation. Caused death and destruction. Such defilement must be dealt with an utmost show of might. Such sacrilege cannot go unpunished. Organic food? You better get used to anally anguished for the rest of you life while eating together with pigs.

I am not a religious person by the way but as an outsider and avid gamer, this is how I imagined, viewed things that happened in the USA. (playing too much rpg I guess).

Also Trump pardoning himself is mindblowing. How in the hell is that even possible? He does not even need to put it on a legal formal. lol just a note from trump to trump? wtf?
    Trump pardoning himself is a hypothetical. No president has been so moronically stupid, incompetent, or corrupt as Trump (which can be saying something depending on which president you're comparing him to) so as to need to pardon themself.

But two things are worth remembering here:

1) If Trump pardons himself, it will undoubtedly go to the Supreme court for them to rule on whether it is possible or not. The Supreme Court have no loyalty to Trump, and I doubt they would rule in favor of such a gross overreach of executive authority, especially for Trump.

2) Even if Trump (Or Pence, though that is looking exceedingly unlikely) does pardon himself of the various federal charges he might face, he cannot pardon himself of state charges; notably, the state charges he faces for tax and charity fraud in New York State and New York City. New York is a deep blue state that will have zero pause to prosecute Trump as viciously as possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yeah that seems a pretty open-and-shut case on treason.

As I've said before I'm against the death penalty, but these people need to be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives to make a good example of them. Biden should dress it with "We have decided to commute the death sentences the constitution prescribes for traitors into a lifetime sentence in a maximum security federal prison. In this way we hope to show the mercy that they failed to show when they killed a police officer in the line of duty in their attempted coup in the capitol building." Couch it in as much sanctimonious condemnation as possible.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Lifelong sentence for all these domestic terrorists. But they'll be using taxpayers' money to keep them in there, no? I mean the government will be using the taxpayers' money to fund the prisons... Which is dumb in itself if that is true (I don't know much or anything about American law or any law in any other country for that matter lol... I just know to respect others and don't kill anyone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. Lifelong sentence for all these domestic terrorists. But they'll be using taxpayers' money to keep them in there, no? I mean the government will be using the taxpayers' money to fund the prisons... Which is dumb in itself if that is true (I don't know much or anything about American law or any law in any other country for that matter lol... I just know to respect others and don't kill anyone).
    It’ll be tax money well spent if it means these loons are an effective example in keeping other sore-loser right wing sycophants from committing violence.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I always find comments to the effect of "You liberals should stop doing X, it's making the Trumpers all the more violent and unwilling to listen to you". As if they were ever willing to listen, and most of them have been threatening or committing violence for years. White enthno-nationalism has enjoyed a couple of centuries of police friendliness. They're now surprised and shocked to find that law enforcement agencies are hunting them down as they *GASP* Committing crimes.

I'll continue to say it, the party of law and order was never about law and order. It was a thinly veiled dog whistle about putting people of color in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

As pointed out, these are people who generally are far more bold around law enforcement because they know they'll be treated with lenience. There's even a video of some guy being pinned to the ground by the police screaming "YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE A BLACK PERSON". Just imagine if the world suddenly flipped, and law enforcement was very hostile towards white people, and began actively seeking them out, with no real reason to think they'd committed a crime, but just to see if they were committing a crime. Many of them would be caught with marijuana, or doing something else illegal.
    I’m not saying Trumpsters aren’t... well... mentally backlogged. But saying this excuses you from proper discourse, is the same whataboutism we accuse them of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    How else would prisons work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I’m not saying Trumpsters aren’t... well... mentally backlogged. But saying this excuses you from proper discourse, is the same whataboutism we accuse them of.
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

How else would prisons work?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.
    Well, I like the “democrat” side more than the “republican” one, so I want em to be the best they can be. That means holding up a mirror sometimes.

The idea of “they trampled all over us, so now we get to trample over them” is an eye for an eye, or in other words, whataboutism.

Well, I like the “democrat” side more than the “republican” one, so I want em to be the best they can be. That means holding up a mirror sometimes.

The idea of “they trampled all over us, so now we get to trample over them” is an eye for an eye, or in other words, whataboutism.
    But nobody's saying that

People are saying we need to punish the people that attacked the capitol and anyone that helped them.

Also "Whataboutism" and "Eye for an Eye" are different things

Whataboutism is when one side tries to deflect from the shitty things they do by pointing out that the other side does other shitty things.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-19 at 08:52 AM.

But nobody's saying that

People are saying we need to punish the people that attacked the capitol and anyone that helped them.

Also "Whataboutism" and "Eye for an Eye" are different things

Whataboutism is when one side tries to deflect from the shitty things they do by pointing out that the other side does other shitty things.
    And an eye for an eye is hurting the other side with the same thing they did to you. Not that much difference.

Just giving a counter sound to the echo chamber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, he would never lower himself like that. He'll offer 5 bucks to one of his aides to do it, then stiff them.
    He'll have Ivanka do it while he watches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Bullshit.

You are talking about a group of people so out of fucking touch that they fomented insurrection over literally nothing then told everyone to not come after them so the country can heal. They literally believe the dems are lizard people who rape babies, while they themselves worship a man who has said he wants to fuck his own daughter and would watch teenage girls undress and was close with Jeffery Epstein.

What discourse is there to be had exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Bullshit.

You are talking about a group of people so out of fucking touch that they fomented insurrection over literally nothing then told everyone to not come after them so the country can heal. They literally believe the dems are lizard people who rape babies, while they themselves worship a man who has said he wants to fuck his own daughter and would watch teenage girls undress and was close with Jeffery Epstein.

What discourse is there to be had exactly?
    I agree, they’re way off the deep end. But I would hate it of the standard to which you hold yourself gets lowered because of it.

I agree, they’re way off the deep end. But I would hate it of the standard to which you hold yourself gets lowered because of it.
    So not wanting to include bat shit crazy and violent idiots in national discourse means I'm the one that is lowering my standards?

That is backwards. Not including them raises standards.

And an eye for an eye is hurting the other side with the same thing they did to you. Not that much difference.

Just giving a counter sound to the echo chamber
    And again, that's not what anyone is calling for

When they return to reality stop being hateful bigots, Ill talk. otherwise they can gtfo. don't care about your concerns.

I think you definitely need to hold these people accountable, even senators and other high-ranking politicians/members. I think that's the only way you can go if you want to work towards healing your country - cut out the rot.

How they are punished is a different matter, and here you can set the higher standard (i.e. no death penalties etc) but it still needs to be substantial and fit the nature of their crimes. The chief concern should be rehabilitation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

1) If Trump pardons himself, it will undoubtedly go to the Supreme court for them to rule on whether it is possible or not. The Supreme Court have no loyalty to Trump, and I doubt they would rule in favor of such a gross overreach of executive authority, especially for Trump.
    I really, really want to see this. Alito would be tying himself into knots just to justify it.