Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Frostmourne Transmog

Now that we know the origin of Frostmourne and we're all chummy with the Runecarver, isn't this the ideal opportunity to right the injustice of Legion where DK's were not able to get this as a transmog option?

Similar to other exp's where there has been a couple of class specific quests (Lock green fel fire etc), there is precedent for this to become an opportunity.

Not saying that this has to be an actual weapon, just a transmog 'skin', maybe 'Memory of a shattered blade' or something like that. If I can mog the fabled Ashbringer on my paladin, my DK brothers should be able to mog their equivalent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ashbringer was to stop the burning legion and sargeras.

U should get frostmourne for the huge need...to go afk in orgrimmar?

Also, it was shattered by tirion...remade into 2 smaller swords for dk frost artifact weapons..
    U can't get the mog cuz the weapon has ceased to exist...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-19 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Also, it was shattered by tirion...remade into 2 smaller swords for dk frost artifact weapons..
    and for mages...

Ashbringer was to stop the burning legion and sargeras.

U should get frostmourne for the huge need...to go afk in orgrimmar?

U can't get the mog cuz the weapon has ceased to exist...
    This logic doesn't work. Transmog isn't canon, unless you're telling me the people who are still using depleted legion artifacts in Shadowlands are canon, even after the shadow priest yeeted the fuck outta the dagger into the ocean or that Demon Hunters went back in time to defeat Illidan to yoink Warglaives?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I think dks should get this as a legacy thing, it feels like its to late for that. The runeswords are still a thing in current lore and now also with shalamourne. It would feel awkward to suddenly get frostmourne from icc legeacy raid for example.

Maybe if arthas comes into play and he will offer some side quest to get a husk of the former blade and he will eventually tell us he doesnt need it anymore, thus offering it as a reminder for what happend and give it as a Dk thing transmog only.

But as of now.. our only solid chance is to ask the runecarver kindly to reforge those 2 tooth picks into 1. But dont think that will happen any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    This logic doesn't work. Transmog isn't canon, unless you're telling me the people who are still using depleted legion artifacts in Shadowlands are canon, even after the shadow priest yeeted the fuck outta the dagger into the ocean or that Demon Hunters went back in time to defeat Illidan to yoink Warglaives?
    The warglaives made sense in that story. Essentially going back in time. Its a shame it wasnt explained that well and the big difference obviously is that the glaives were a dropp anyway. The one thing that I though was realy weird was at the start of Legion when Illidan didnt wore the original ones, they didnt explain where he got the new ones I think. Frostmourne was never an actual dropp. Also these husks still excist. It was stripped from power, but they are still canon.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The warglaives made sense in that story. Essentially going bsck in time. Its a shame it wassnt explained that well and the big difference obviously is that the glaives were a dropp anyway. Frostmourne was never an actual dropp. Also these husks still excist. It was stripped from power, but they are still canon.
    I see my point went over your head.

1. Preventing something from being transmog because it's no longer in the story makes no sense since transmog is just dress up, has no impact or relevance on the story.

2. Timewalking isn't not canon material in the slightest. There is no story. It's just revamped as a special in-game event you can do. Otherwise, explain how and why Demon Hunters decided to beat up the guy who they knew was in the right, take his weapons, then go back into our timeline beat Gul'dan and see Illidan wielding the same weapons we yoinked.

3. The weapons were either discarded or given away. Shadow Priest was thrown into the ocean then given to N'Zoth, Ashbringer is on a mantle. Yet, those are still able to be transmog but story wise they are useless.

5+ Year Old Account
    Difference is we got artifact weapon mogs because they were actually used.
    If ur gonna go by game mechanics, u need yo loot/aquire an item before it gets saved into mog window. Since we never ever wielded frostmourne, doesn't exist anymore, how exactly would u get frostmourne mog?

2nd, artifact weapons were depowered, not deleted, they are just ordinary melee weapons now.

Otherwise, explain how and why Demon Hunters decided to beat up the guy who they knew was in the right, take his weapons, then go back into our timeline beat Gul'dan and see Illidan wielding the same weapons we yoinked.
    Agreed with your point of allowing DKs to weild Frostmourne, it wouldn't break any lore or whatever, it's just XMog. But for this point, I think Illidan in Legion wields the flame skin and not his Warglaives.

But yeah, wouldn't cost a lot for Blizz to slap this skin onto whatever quest and call it a day. We'll very likely have Shalamourne as raid drop at one point anyway...

Difference is we got artifact weapon mogs because they were actually used.
    If ur gonna go by game mechanics, u need yo loot/aquire an item before it gets saved into mog window. Since we never ever wielded frostmourne, doesn't exist anymore, how exactly would u get frostmourne mog?

2nd, artifact weapons were depowered, not deleted, they are just ordinary melee weapons now.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? It can be done in any number of ways, Questline, defeat Arthas in timewalking, combination of both or some other way. It doesn't really matter cause guess what, it's transmog. It doesn't matter.

2nd, Who the fuck said they were deleted? Wanna stop making shit up? I said they were depleted and discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Agreed with your point of allowing DKs to weild Frostmourne, it wouldn't break any lore or whatever, it's just XMog. But for this point, I think Illidan in Legion wields the flame skin and not his Warglaives.

But yeah, wouldn't cost a lot for Blizz to slap this skin onto whatever quest and call it a day. We'll very likely have Shalamourne as raid drop at one point anyway...
    Illidan has Warglaives of Azzinoth after you defeated Gul'dan. After that, it became the Flamereapers.

Why would you want to transmog what is now a very weak weapon? Very confusing..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see my point went over your head.

1. Preventing something from being transmog because it's no longer in the story makes no sense since transmog is just dress up, has no impact or relevance on the story.

2. Timewalking isn't not canon material in the slightest. There is no story. It's just revamped as a special in-game event you can do. Otherwise, explain how and why Demon Hunters decided to beat up the guy who they knew was in the right, take his weapons, then go back into our timeline beat Gul'dan and see Illidan wielding the same weapons we yoinked.

3. The weapons were either discarded or given away. Shadow Priest was thrown into the ocean then given to N'Zoth, Ashbringer is on a mantle. Yet, those are still able to be transmog but story wise they are useless.
    1: I am giving a few options and sorry to dissapoint you, but players care for a lore explanation. If something is canon is sometimes important to certain players who like lore, who are you to dismiss that? If frostmourne ever becomes available.. then it realy needs some explanation or else it would just be stupid right?

2: Like I said, they werent the same weapons to begin with. Idk about that if thats canon or not. But it was a nice nod for dh to get these iconic blades, because guess what. It was the perfect timing with dh class being introduced. There was a story there actually not that it matters realy, but lets be honest Legion was a fanservice expansion and this was part of that fanservice. The original blades werent equipable for dhers in the normal raid. He was later seen with these artifact glaives, thus not even using the original ones.

3: Like I said, they were depleted not deleted. Their husk remains. Some weps might have a followup story sufh as the shadow priest blade with 8.3. But what you mention is gameplay issue. So you wsnt no one being able to transmog that cus its gone? I would say that is something that will always excist. But Il say this, Every freaking ret pals running around with that blade did more harm to me then it does now.

But I agree, in the end transmog cant be explained, there are many lore breaking moments and its dress up. Gameplay/lore
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why would you want to transmog what is now a very weak weapon? Very confusing..
    What does the power of a weapon have to do with it's appearance?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are you even talking about? It can be done in any number of ways, Questline, defeat Arthas in timewalking, combination of both or some other way. It doesn't really matter cause guess what, it's transmog. It doesn't matter.

2nd, Who the fuck said they were deleted? Wanna stop making shit up? I said they were depleted and discarded.
    When arthas is defeated, sword is shattered, u can't loot one item when it is several small pieces. If he had been defeated with sword intact u may have had a point, but with ur whiny toxic attitude im glad frostmourne will never be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    1: I am not preventing anything, I am giving a few options and sorry to dissapoint you, but players care for a lore explanation. If something is canon or not is not of yoir concern realy.

2: Like I said, they werent the same weapons to begin with. Idk about that if thats canon or not. But it was a nice nod for dh to get these iconic blades, because guess what. It was the perfect timing with dh class being introduced.

3: Like I said, they were depleted not deleted. Their husk remains. Some weps might have a followup story sufh as the shadow priest blade with 8.3. But what you mention is gameplay issue. So you wsnt no one being able to transmog that cus its gone? I would say that is something that will always excist.

Well Its more like you are not reading instead of it flying over my head lol.
    1. Those "options" are things that you believe to be preventing Frostmourne from being transmog. Do I or anyone else think you're physically at Blizzard HQ holding someone back? No

2. What the fuck are you even talking about here? There is no story to timewalking. There is nothing more to it. You're trying to make it out like there is some sort of story being told here and there isn't any.

3. Story wise, we discarded them. We moved on from them. Gameplay wise, Blizzard wanted to move on from the Artifact Weapon system. You should be able to transmog them because again, my point is that transmog is dress up and has no impact on the story or gameplay mechanics. Which is why a destroyed weapon can be used for transmog.

When arthas is defeated, sword is shattered, u can't loot one item when it is several small pieces. If he had been defeated with sword intact u may have had a point, but with ur whiny toxic attitude im glad frostmourne will never be available.
    Explain Warglaives then. If we're gonna use story to prevent it Frostmourne, Warglaives shouldn't be transmog either.

Blame a toxic attitude when you get called out on your bullshit. Cool.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-01-19 at 09:51 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Warglaives weren't shatteted.

The shards were collected and turned into two separate swords. If they can bring back the Priest and Shaman artifact weapons into the story they can do the same for Frostmourne. Can have it get reforged by the Runecaver.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Warglaives weren't shatteted.
    Explain to me the logic as to why Frostmourne can't be used for transmog for "Story reasons" and why Warglaives can?

While also factoring in Transmog itself isn't relevant or canon to the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne is arguably the most iconic weapon in WoW and one of the few cases where I feel like no, it should not be put in players' hands.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me the logic as to why Frostmourne can't be used for transmog for "Story reasons" and why Warglaives can?

While also factoring in Transmog itself isn't relevant or canon to the story.
    U need said item to get mog, item was shattered so it no longer exists. Are you dense?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have read through this thread and I haven't still seen a single valid reasomn why this could not happen.

It doesn't matter if artifacts aren't shattered and Frostmourne is. Having the appearance is very different than having the weapon.

Also as long as Warglaives transmo exists, any point regarding lore implications is kinda invalid