Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    fair but that's them double dipping they arent solely doing m+ or solely pvping they are doing multiple different things, i double dip form raiding and m+ i dont dare touch pvp as im not good at it, as for boe's that just them sinking their gold for power

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    holy hell, do not compare 2200 rbg rating with +15 mythic dungeons please.

unpredictable vs scripted to say the least.

former is way and i mean it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than the latter. did i say way ? good.
    If unpredictable vs scripted is the standard to decide loot on, than pvp should give a higher ilvl reward than mythic raiding. The pvp gearing system is great. Why shouldn't m+ get a better system?

PvP rewards need to get tuned down

drops from m+ could get a small bump. The ilvl it drops seems fine

Riad weekly vault(especially hc) needs a bump up. It doesnt make sense for it to be 213 when a m+ 10 gives 220

Quote Originally Posted by Av3rag3 Jo3 View Post
    If unpredictable vs scripted is the standard to decide loot on, than pvp should give a higher ilvl reward than mythic raiding. The pvp gearing system is great. Why shouldn't m+ get a better system?
    It should and it will. Right now we only see the very best players being able to do +20 keys so to say that it’s easy content is just stupid. And most of the good players can only push high keys because they got ridiculous gear from BOEs and PvP.

He thinks being 2200 rating in pvp is godlike.

You cant argue with pvp'vers over this.

They forget the fact that so little ppl play actual rated pvp in wow that reaching 2400 is possible for anyone who puts work into it.

Have you done m+ and pvp recently. Gearing via RBG isn't that hard either and will get you 220 at 2400 rating. Why should m+ be much harder than pvp. Futhermore finishing +7 with a pug is already a challenge. Doing +10 while sleeping is impossible. At least for the majority of players. If you look at the % of the player base who completed all dungeons at +20. That isn't a large group.
    The PvP ilvls are:

1800 = 220
    2100 = 226
    2400 = 233 weapons

The problem is simply that you are comparing the occasional weekly item from pvp with the plethora of loot that you can get from pve. How much loot do you get if you do all 8 dungeons? Let's say you get one item per dungeon. That's 8 items per week from dungeons. Now you buy a few boosts, grind M+ and voila you have 8 220 pieces after one week of playing.

You don't get an item from RBGs after a win. Not even a 40% or 20% chance to get an item. You get some currency and every 1-2 weeks you can use that currency to buy ONE item. Stop comparing this with the ilvl you get from end of dungeon loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The PvP ilvls are:

1800 = 220
    2100 = 226
    2400 = 233 weapons

The problem is simply that you are comparing the occasional weekly item from pvp with the plethora of loot that you can get from pve. How much loot do you get if you do all 8 dungeons? Let's say you get one item per dungeon. That's 8 items per week from dungeons. Now you buy a few boosts, grind M+ and voila you have 8 220 pieces after one week of playing.

You don't get an item from RBGs after a win. Not even a 40% or 20% chance to get an item. You get some currency and every 1-2 weeks you can use that currency to buy ONE item. Stop comparing this with the ilvl you get from end of dungeon loot.
    You forget that if you buy pvp items, you can choose the items. While doing the dungeon you can get the same item 10 times. A friend of mine has done 25 mists before he got his shield.

Looking at my guild the pvpers are way better geared with an equal investment of time and skill. Almost everybody advices pvp for gearing, because it is the best by far at the moment. I don't want Blizzard to nerve pvp gearing, but to increase pve gearing.

The PvP ilvls are:

1800 = 220
    2100 = 226
    2400 = 233 weapons

HAHA wtf are you on about.

Where did all those 220 items come from?

You have 40% chance to get loot in a m+ IF you finnish it on time btw.

You seem extremely confused

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    atm it is the alternative neither raiding or m+ is very rewarding when it comes to gearing so...if they beef up 1 they need to beef up the other otherwise 1 will be obsolete
    ATM it's "do PvP if you want gear", but yeah I agree with your point. Both need a buff, and both CAN be buffed without one invalidating the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ATM it's "do PvP if you want gear", but yeah I agree with your point. Both need a buff, and both CAN be buffed without one invalidating the other.
    I totally agree. I wrote this article just to give my idea for the m+ component. I would love to see a similar article for raiding and maybe together we can hope Blizzard will buff both m+ and raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because a) that's how some people prefer their content, not everyone likes big groups; and b) raid gear can still be better without gimping drops to oblivion, it worked in Legion and it worked in BFA.
    So, the 9.0 content somehow is supposed to be THE main activity for 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3... Are you dungeon players kidding me?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    So, the 9.0 content somehow is supposed to be THE main activity for 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3... Are you dungeon players kidding me?
    Are you saying blizzard should add 8-10 new dungeons per raid patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    never said that m+ shouldn't get a better system. i just stated that 2200+ rating in rbg is harder to reach than completing a 15+ mythic dungeon. rest is your ( and possible others' ) assumptions. i have nothing else to add to discussion and won't.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are you saying blizzard should add 8-10 new dungeons per raid patch?
    And new BG's and Arena's each raid cycle?

Why is everybody so negative about other playstyles instead of saying what they would like for their playstyle?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    never said that m+ shouldn't get a better system. i just stated that 2200+ rating in rbg is harder to reach than completing a 15+ mythic dungeon. rest is your ( and possible others' ) assumptions. i have nothing else to add to discussion and won't.
    Looking at the post of Wuusah, you should compare +15 with 1800 as both give 220 gear. If we are talking about ilvls. And 1800 isn't that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    HAHA wtf are you on about.

Where did all those 220 items come from?

You have 40% chance to get loot in a m+ IF you finnish it on time btw.

You seem extremely confused
    The 220 items came from this new system OP mentioned where you can upgrade M0 items.

40% chance or 20% chance, I mentioned both.

Please, read properly. You are embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd rather not gear up via shopping list simulator a la WotLK.

Also, these item levels are ridiculous. It'd outright end Mythic raiding if it were possible to get 233s from +20s.
    didnt only like 100 or something people cleared 20+ by now in SL though ?

way less then mythic raid

ergo those rewards should reflect that .

The 220 items came from this new system OP mentioned where you can upgrade M0 items.

40% chance or 20% chance, I mentioned both.

Please, read properly. You are embarrassing yourself.
    And you should be aware that you can choose the item with pvp and that dungeons are based on luck. A friend of mine had to run 30 mists to get his shield. Getting a full best in slot set with this method will still take months. Especially because drops only come from m0 and you can only get loot from a boss once a week.
    Last edited by Av3rag3 Jo3; 2021-01-19 at 10:24 AM.

And you should be aware that you can choose the item with pvp and that dungeons are based on luck. A friend of mine had to run 30 mists to get his shield. Getting a full best in slot set with this method will still take months.
    Yes, so? I didn't say the current system is good. I'm all for a valor point system.

But your proposed system is ass. A grindable uncapped resource that you can use to upgrade items? Are you out of your mind???

Here is a simple system that would work way better than what you are proposing:

Keep the loot as it is. Bring valor points into the game. Cap increases by 550 per week, same as conquest. Do a M+ dungeon. Next to the chest there spawns a vendor NPC who sells items from that dungeon for valor points on the ilvl of "vault ilvl of that key you did that run on". So you grind those valor points for two weeks, you go into a DoS +14 and buy that ilvl 226 scales tank trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I mean, all my posts emphasized the idea of alternative rather than replacement, so no, I am not saying it should be THE main activity. Just like PvP shouldn't be THE best source for gear, like it currently is; and so on.

Just make m+ gear unusable outside of m+. Problem solved.