Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best and most versatile class for 2s?

I made a thread before that was about carrying in 2s. Now my question is what is the best class on 2s that can fit on most setups?

Fire mage > sub rogue = WW = Boomie = Ret
    Last edited by socialmaker; 2021-01-18 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Fire mage > sub rogue > WW = Boomie
    How is boomie good in 2s? 2s is melee/healer fiesta

Most versatile is warrior, can play with any healer and go 2k+ if you're not braindead

Watch the AWC, Ret is definity FotM spec and also prot is viable in pvp because both of their broken healing. Windwalkers probly have the best burst in all ratings. Druid convoke is best in low bracket when ppl don't save trinket or interupt for it. At the bottem are destro/demo warlocks with fury warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms warrior has incredible utility, very strong paired with a Holy paladin or Disc priest

Paladin.

Three specs, strong heals in all three, respectable damage as a healer and great burst as dps. Prone to kiting but with the tools to dictate its own mobility and others, both teammates and opponents.
    Also: fun enough to put time into learning, good transmogs and races that can be Paladins are fun, strong, good looking races.

Will probably get its healing nerfed, but Hpal is almost always a relevant healer even when weak due to the nature of its cooldowns and Ret has always been a surprisingly flexible pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

Most versatile is warrior, can play with any healer and go 2k+ if you're not braindead
    Ridiculous burst, good survivability, stealth. Group with another person who has stealth and ridiculous burst, like a Fire mage, and just blow someone up right out of the gate... Can get to at least 1800 that way being actually braindead.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

Warriors are versatile but in 2s you are forced to play with Resto Sham or maybe Pala. Problem with Warriors is they can get kited for days unless having a team mate that can do something about it. Try catching a resto shaman or holy paladin as an arms warrior and you will see what hell is really like. At least with Boomie/Prot Boomie/Healer you can cheese convoke every 2 minutes and secure a win. Depends on rating as well but Boomies I feel bring a lot to the table not to mention they are very good in BG/RBG

Most verstaile class? Probably Druid, with Paladin being a very close second.

Feral, Boomy, Resto are all glad-viable. And all three can be played with a lot of different comps. Feral/Healer, Feral/Dps (ret/rogue/mage primarily). Boomy/Healer, Boomy/Dps (rogue/mage/ele/prot pal primarily). And of course resto druid can be played with at least 1 spec from virtually any class.
    eta: Convoke is pretty deadly no matter what spec you play, if you're balance/balance affinity. Even feral affinity is strong if you know how to actually play cat.

Paladin has similar versatility, though prot people know how to actually play against prot pals after 2k or so rating. Still strong, but not nearly as OP as reddit would lead you to believe.
    eta: Divine toll is just strong no matter what spec.

Do you consider enhancement shaman a viable 2s class? is his burst as good as rogue, boomie, pala, monk?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Do you consider enhancement shaman a viable 2s class? is his burst as good as rogue, boomie, pala, monk?
    No, elemental on the other hand I would say is superior in 2s. Enhancement works in 3s and very limited comps and when offhealing WILL get nerfed they will fall hard. I would take a fire mage or ret paladin over any shaman for 2s tbh now those are heavy hitters.

Fire mage > sub rogue = WW = Boomie = Ret
    Sub rogues have one top tier setup which is mage rogue, really just setting up CC for the broken combustion burst. Rogues are not a top tier 2v2 class, they are much better in 3s.

Best 2v2 classes are paladins, fire mage, arms warrior, WW and maybe moonkin, maybe spriest.

Most versatile is obviously paladin since all 3 specs are OP in arena and you can partner them with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Sub rogues have one top tier setup which is mage rogue, really just setting up CC for the broken combustion burst. Rogues are not a top tier 2v2 class, they are much better in 3s.

Best 2v2 classes are paladins, fire mage, arms warrior, WW and maybe moonkin, maybe spriest.

Most versatile is obviously paladin since all 3 specs are OP in arena and you can partner them with anything.
    Mage Rogue works but so does Ret + Rogue and probably any healer + Sub rogue as well.

For a nice update on 2v2 dps comps here is a .

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am having good luck with Boomy/Sub Rogue. However Mage seems more popular, it seems really easy for me as long as you don't get very very good melee comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'll be honest, more than ever I am actually horrible this round in pvp - it's super super fast paced so I'm having a hard time keeping up because I'm old..

With that said, HPal seems to be able to keep people up a lot with Ult Sac, and a bunch of other util. Just like many have said, convoke Boomy, NF FireMage, they are super bursty. Warrior and Rog for melee are also solid AF too

Mage Rogue works but so does Ret + Rogue and probably any healer + Sub rogue as well.

For a nice update on 2v2 dps comps here is a .
    Depends how you define "works". By top tier I mean there is nothing holding the comp back from very high ratings. Mage rogue is very hard to play but it's top tier in the sense that the sky is the limit with it. Ret rogue, disc rogue, boomkin rogue can probably cheese to 2k rating at the moment but at a certain point they will get their shit pushed in by mage/rogue teams, warr/pala, and all the other meta comps that are just better.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Depends how you define "works". By top tier I mean there is nothing holding the comp back from very high ratings. Mage rogue is very hard to play but it's top tier in the sense that the sky is the limit with it. Ret rogue, disc rogue, boomkin rogue can probably cheese to 2k rating at the moment but at a certain point they will get their shit pushed in by mage/rogue teams, warr/pala, and all the other meta comps that are just better.
    Mage rogue hard to play lol hahahah

I have a friend who is going to pvp sub rogue in shadowlands. he is a 1700 player and I’d like for us to hit 2k together this season. My highest rating is 2.1 in 2s on my Hpal but I think I might not want to heal anymore.

I was going to try double dps with him and go spriest but playing my spriest I quickly learned I might not be the best caster Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox...
    Last edited by jeokaleo; 2021-01-28 at 09:47 AM.

If you look arena ladder 2400+ 2v2 you will find some shamans there and 1st is going to be enha. In total there are aprox same amount of resto/enha/ele in that rating. Not many, but if they can do 2400+ then it is possible.