Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, all my posts emphasized the idea of alternative rather than replacement, so no, I am not saying it should be THE main activity. Just like PvP shouldn't be THE best source for gear, like it currently is; and so on.
    Really? 9.0 dungeons? For all expansion? Equal activity to new raids? Mythic is a lesser side activity with lesser rewards.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    didnt only like 100 or something people cleared 20+ by now in SL though ?

way less then mythic raid

ergo those rewards should reflect that .
    This is a fallacy. The people doing +20s right now are doing it just for the .IO. If you could infinitely farm 233 gear then it's literally all anybody looking to max out item level would do. It would all but completely eliminate the need for high end Mythic raiding because this option would be far, far more accessible.

This idea is bad for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Just make m+ gear unusable outside of m+. Problem solved.
    Yes Alex, I'll take "Ways to completely end all participation in M+" for $1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Av3rag3 Jo3 View Post
    - snip -
    I think you're on to something. I like the PvP system and would not mind trying something similar for m+/raids.

I think your reward levels are a bit too good. Maybe have brackets like in PvP instead? Compelete all dungeons on X level to be able to upgrade any to higher ilvl.

Maybe something like:
    (m0 is still ilvl 184)
    M+ | ilvl
    2-5 | 200
    6-10 | 207
    11-15 | 213
    16-20 | 220
    21+ | 226

Numbers are pulled from my arse but you get the idea. Complete all dungeons (in time) on 2 to get ilvl 200. Complete them all (in time) on 6 to get ilvl 207 and being able to upgrade your gear to ilvl 207. And so on.

Raids could have the same system with LFR -> Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic.

Only downside would be how much this would increase boosting, I mean, it would explode if you get currency and are gurenteed to be able to upgrade ALL of your gear. The difference here, compared to PvP, is that the challenge is set. Nothing is random, you know exactly what to expect. In PvP you do not, you might run into other boosters which fight to the bitter end or you face complete newbies who you annihilate in a blink of an eye.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd rather not gear up via shopping list simulator a la WotLK.

Also, these item levels are ridiculous. It'd outright end Mythic raiding if it were possible to get 233s from +20s.
    why do you even play this game? I was thinking like doing harder content rewards you with better gear so you can do even harder content up to the hardest one (supposedly mythic raid). If your only goal is to have max ilvl and you are not going to do this content, what is the use of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    why do you even play this game? I was thinking like doing harder content rewards you with better gear so you can do even harder content up to the hardest one (supposedly mythic raid). If your only goal is to have max ilvl and you are not going to do this content, what is the use of it?
    5 man content cannot compete with 20 man content for the same item level rewards else it becomes the most efficient way to play the game. Need proof? Look at what happened to 25M raiding when Blizzard made 10M drop the same item level gear. It's not a matter of the "most difficult content rewarding the best gear," it's a matter of Blizzard not wanting to completely invalidate Mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The 220 items came from this new system OP mentioned where you can upgrade M0 items.

40% chance or 20% chance, I mentioned both.

Please, read properly. You are embarrassing yourself.
    No the problem is that you are shit at expressing yourself.

At no point did you mention talking about "the new system". You made several mentions to the current one though. Leaving one to, naturally, believe thats the system you are talking about??

- - - Updated - - -

Just make m+ gear unusable outside of m+. Problem solved.
    Just remove any and all gear from pvp.

All problems solved. Would even the playingfield aswell.

This is a fallacy. The people doing +20s right now are doing it just for the .IO. If you could infinitely farm 233 gear then it's literally all anybody looking to max out item level would do. It would all but completely eliminate the need for high end Mythic raiding because this option would be far, far more accessible.

This idea is bad for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Alex, I'll take "Ways to completely end all participation in M+" for $1,000.
    But why not simply make cap like in PvP. I agree that no one should be able to infinitely farm 233 weapons but it doesn’t have to be like that.

That's kinda my point. If someone only wants do to m+ because they want more gear for other content (because m+ is easier and offers grindable loot in contrast to raids), effectively trivializing said content and then also want MORE and BETTER loot from m+ (because again, it's easier and faster), then I feel inclined to propose equally stupid suggestions.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-19 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No the problem is that you are shit at expressing yourself.

At no point did you mention talking about "the new system". You made several mentions to the current one though. Leaving one to, naturally, believe thats the system you are talking about??
    Why should I mention that I'm not talking about the existing system but the proposed system IN A THREAD ABOUT A NEW PROPOSED SYSTEM?

Like seriously, dude. That's the most simple basic logic you failed at

No, no and no. Repeatable content that has unlimited acces to gear should not be rewarded with highest loot. End off story.

Why should I mention that I'm not talking about the existing system but the proposed system IN A THREAD ABOUT A NEW PROPOSED SYSTEM?

Like seriously, dude. That's the most simple basic logic you failed at
    Because you, in the same post, where talking about the existing system.

Anyway. You are obviously angry that you have issues expressing yourself and i'm not going to be your outlet for that .)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    holy hell, do not compare 2200 rbg rating with +15 mythic dungeons please.

unpredictable vs scripted to say the least.

former is way and i mean it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than the latter. did i say way ? good.
    Compare PVP and M+ has no clue. Especially when PVP is totally unbalanced rollercoaster xD. Both need some effort to get it done. Im playin PVE just becasue i like it. PVP is ok but im not interested. I wish to equip same ilvl in both ways of endgame cap no matter is m+/pvp/myth raid.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-01-19 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as M+ is limitless gear opportunities - you can't put any sort of high ilvl gear there, certainly not 220 for a frikkin' 15. You'd be full 220 in a week.

I think M+ ilvl drops are actually appropriate given availability.

What might be better in general for PvE is some sort of progression/ranking system like PvP one and rewards the way PvP works now. As in PvE version of Honor/Conquest you get from taking out raid bosses or completing M+.

Then the incentive to do Mythic raids could be that Mythic raid loot purchases depend on whether you actually killed appropriate boss on Mythic and maybe even multiple times at that to hamper carry buyers a bit.

I feel like everyone who talks abt gear like this, just wants to gear up in a month then quit. Why don't you cut out the middle man and just unsub now? Lol.

Why do you really want more gear? What are your plans when you finally achieve that gear? Is it to do harder content like mythic raids? Cause you can do that now. Is it to flex epeen on meters? Cause you can join a lower key. If you are even halfway trying you shld be around 210 atm. Thats high enough to get into 99% of content.

I just don't get it. Gear is the carrot. You want to get it in half the time and you're not gonna know what to do when you finally do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    holy hell, do not compare 2200 rbg rating with +15 mythic dungeons please.

unpredictable vs scripted to say the least.

former is way and i mean it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than the latter. did i say way ? good.
    Well to be fair, to get 220 ilvl from PvP all you need is 1800 RBG which is so easy that even I, a guy who last time was doing any sort of PvP was in TBC, got it. It was literally a three days thing, 3 hours each or so.

That shit is most definitely easier than +15 and shitton more rewarding too.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Because you, in the same post, where talking about the existing system.

Anyway. You are obviously angry that you have issues expressing yourself and i'm not going to be your outlet for that .)
    Why should I be angry if you can't read and instead reply aggressively to me? Read properly and everything's fine. You're just making yourself look like a fool. I don't think anyone but you had problems understanding that comment. It's embarrassing how you just went wild at me "HAHAHAHA wtf are you on about". Read your own comment and think about your tone. It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Av3rag3 Jo3 View Post
    I made this post just from a m+ perspective compared to pvp. I would love to see a raider doing the same from a raid perspective. I think most if not all people agree that the pvp gearing system is the best at the moment and better than it has been recently. I'm just hoping Blizzard will change m+ and raiding for raiders to a similar spot.
    It's sad and almost funny that pvp gearing is the best method atm yet the most unbalanced and uncared for (balance perspective). I almost prefer corruptions at this rate.

With that said, from a raider and m+ perspective, I actually agree with and like the idea of your OP. I think it could maybe use a tweak or two but it's on a track similar to what needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Mythic is already a free loot piñata. Complete M14, don't fucking even time it - free ilvl226 gear. Are you fucking kidding me?
    Yeah, you get ONE piece. Given you have 16 slots and you are not even guaranteed that that one piece will be in a slot where you need it, you will take “only” 4/5 MONTHS to gear up ONE char.

Really cool.

Why should I be angry if you can't read and instead reply aggressively to me? Read properly and everything's fine. You're just making yourself look like a fool. I don't think anyone but you had problems understanding that comment. It's embarrassing how you just went wild at me "HAHAHAHA wtf are you on about". Read your own comment and think about your tone. It's embarrassing.
    I mean you where refering to the existing systems several times in your post and never once said you where switching to the system the op was talking about.

But whatever. This isnt worth getting infracted over.

That's kinda my point. If someone only wants do to m+ because they want more gear for other content (because m+ is easier and offers grindable loot in contrast to raids), effectively trivializing said content and then also want MORE and BETTER loot from m+ (because again, it's easier and faster), then I feel inclined to propose equally stupid suggestions.
    1.) People enjoy more than one type of content
    2.) We already have enough gear in our bags. The last thing we need is a requirement to carry even more of it.