Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    As my main spec is a healer, I'm basically forced to do Torghast in my offspec which I'm not even enjoy playing. So not only I have to endure the absolute boredom which Torghast is in itself, but also do it in my boring offspec.

Oh well, but I need to upgrade my legendary.
    I did twisting corridors in an offspec and honestly it made very little difference past the first so many floors. Almost all of your performance comes from the anima powers once you get them rolling, so it doesn't really matter what the base spec is when you have to play the powers regardless and they're the same across the entire class.

For the regular stuff, healers are fine in torghast you shouldn't have to swap. If you struggle to solo it you can always jump into groups and do it there in your main spec.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, part of WoW community is still terrible, thank you for daily reminder OP. When you wonder why SL is so heavily gated, just read complains from all these "I hate Thorghast (BoReGhaSt, ChOrEgHaSt, ChupaChupsGhast look how funny I am), but I HAVE to spend 48 hours here for optional mount (to save ~10 minutes each day) or I burst".

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.
    To be fair this part is completely legit and takes about a week and a half with the covenant catch up to be 199ilvl. I like this very much I miss the good Ol days of just logging in a few times a week and being at a point I consider being done with content.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my 235 legendary on my DK so I doubt Ill touch Torghast until I hear of a 2nd leggo or better ones, which was hard to justify spending 75K gold for 9 primary stat and 4 secondary stat increase going form lvl 2 to 4 the legendary effect does not get better with ilvl increase so it just seems pointless to me. I have lvl 2 Leggo on my pally and that cost around 12K again I have the effect to so I just don't have any incentive to upgrade it. I don't waste time in the Maw so I see no point in the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, part of WoW community is still terrible, thank you for daily reminder OP. When you wonder why SL is so heavily gated, just read complains from all these "I hate Thorghast (BoReGhaSt, ChOrEgHaSt, ChupaChupsGhast look how funny I am), but I HAVE to spend 48 hours here for optional mount (to save ~10 minutes each day) or I burst".

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.
    to be fair, many people have gone in depth as to of why copying systems from Vanilla does not work well into retail, which makes me wonder why the literal professionals didnt read those, or came to the same conclusions.

I just do the weekly for the soul ash, just like i enter the maw once a week for the weeklies, other then that i try to avoid both of those places, they diminish my fun playing the game greatly, so i try to not do it.

Right. Most players don't find them fun, and that is a problem for two major systems of the expansion. They're like islands and warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    I really like Torghast, I even did the twisted corridors and got the mount.

If you don't like it, then just don't do the Twisted Corridors for fucks sake. I can understand it if you dislike the "normal" torghast runs and that you have to do them for soul ash, but even these are just 6 floors and at this point I can do each layer 8 run in like 20min. The soul ash runs are by far the smallest weekly grinds we've ever had in this game's history.

People like you are the reason why we can't have any funny stuff in the game. I hope that Blizzard for once doesn't listen to folks like you and keeps adding new stuff and content to Torghast for us (and I bet the vast majority of the playerbase does like it, considering how small these complain threads actually are vs. all the other complain threads we had with past features) instead of either nerfing it too hard or abandoning the whole thing.

Disadvantages of Torghast:
    - There's no loot or rewards at all besides Soul Ash (which you don't need anymore after a certain point)
    - Anima powers are fun, but unbalanced. While probably every class/spec can clear it fully, some have it easier than others and some have multiple viable builds while others have not
    - For a "challenge mode", while not faceroll, Twisting Corridors still felt too easy (or too quickly done) when you use the best available powers. There could either be more floors with optional rewards like cosmetic stuff, or more aggressive scaling of mobs. Below layer 6 or so I didn't even notice much difference in scaling, it only started getting noticeable after around layer 6
    - Reguilar wings (non Twisting Corridors) are WAY too easy (after the big nerfs that came early), even on layer 8

What is NOT a disadvantage:
    - The length. Considering that you can clear any layer in about 2 hours or so, and you don't have to do all 8 in one go, it's really not much to ask for in WoW. I did all 8 layers on one weekend in around 15 hours total or so (2 days, with breaks in-between)
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2021-01-19 at 05:16 PM.

Did you enjoy those 15 hours, though? It's fine if you did, diff'rent strokes. I know I didn't, and from what I've seen and heard most people didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

If you don't like it, then just don't do the Twisted Corridors for fucks sake. I can understand it if you dislike the "normal" torghast runs and that you have to do them for soul ash, but even these are just 6 floors and at this point I can do each layer 8 run in like 20min. The soul ash runs are by far the smallest weekly grinds we've ever had in this game's history.

People like you are the reason why we can't have any funny stuff in the game. I hope that Blizzard for once doesn't listen to folks like you and keeps adding new stuff and content to Torghast for us (and I bet the vast majority of the playerbase does like it, considering how small these complain threads actually are vs. all the other complain threads we had with past features) instead of either nerfing it too hard or abandoning the whole thing.
    Thank you! Plus, I love the OP comes here to QQ about something and clearly makes him looks like a tool. Can't even read. lol

I can't wait to see what else they have in store for Torghast!

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

There is nothing fun about thorgast you idiot. Instead of designing this absolute travesty, they could have spent time imagining and designing something that is actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You must do it because of maw mount.

Do you really? I mean, yeah, if you want the maximum convenience, but at that point, just don't play the game if it's too inconvenient to you? You don't have to do Maw either.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    Divorce your wife and dump kids on her?
    There, you now have enough time for "Choregast".

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Problem is gear won't change it. If you can't clear it now, it's not a matter of gear so unless they plan on nerfing it, you still won't and I would be fairly sure it's going the way of mage tower when next xpac comes.

What do you mean? %damage buffs or % str buffs or %HP buffs scale off your gear. If you have 1000 strength now but 2000 strength later. If you get 20% strength buff, that is a huge difference.

Sorry, just had to vent
    You know the only stuff you get from "choregast" is soul ash right? The only thing you can do with soul ash is build legendaries that you have aquired a power for. That's it. Once you build/upgrade your legendaries you have no more use for soul ash. I'd also encourage you to pay attention to how much soul ash you get for different layers. After layer 5 or so there are severe diminishing returns. If you're above ilvl 180 just hop into a premade Torghast group and clear it, takes maybe 30min, but usually 20 with a group.

And twisting corridors is only good if for whatever reason you really love being in the Maw and want that mount. But remember stygia is just for items that boost your performance in Torghast. Other than the socket thing for gear but I can't imagine why you'd be socketing gear unless you've managed to get your heroic or mythic level best in slot piece. Otherwise it's a huge time investment for what, +12 stat on ONE item? Not worth it imo.

With Shadowlands you have to look at the value of the content you're doing. You can't just hop and do whatever and assume player power will rain from the sky. There's a very good chance you're just working away toward a cosmetic you may not even want.

There is nothing fun about thorgast you idiot. Instead of designing this absolute travesty, they could have spent time imagining and designing something that is actually fun.
    I must admire that you are able to read the true thoughts of your fellow beings, just by reading what they write on an obscure forum /s
    Your in-game experience will rise to, for you unknown, heights if you just accept that others might find fun what you find horrible.

I can perfectly well understand why some find Torghast deplorable, but I am equally able to understand why some find it fun.

Sorry, just had to vent
    ....the idea that torghast is a chore. When it is completely optional content is the definition of people being stupid and not understanding what "optional" means.

- - - Updated - - -

Torghast not being fun is your opinion and it is wrong. A lot of people love torghast you are in the minority and very small minority btw. Like a trivial speck of a minority.

Or you can choose not to do it. It is pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I just can't believe that half the layers are completely without reward.

That's some really bizarre design, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    theirs some chores in this house

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    #1 Why do you need to upgrade your legendary? If you'd need a higher ilvl legendary, you'd already have it.
    #2 Healers are quite strong in Torghast. MW and Disc completely destroy it. Restodrood/shamy/paladin are (very) good. Can't say anything about Holypriest, but they should not be way worse than Disc, as they get the very same powers.
    Thing is (resto shaman here) that dpsing with a healer spec feels horrible (at least for my class). It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s simply ZERO fun.

You basically stand still and press a sequence of 4-5 buttons for 1 hour, healing yourself from time to time. It’s ok when you do a quick WQ, less ok when you have to bear it for 1 hour or more.

It would have been FAR more interesting if as a healer you should have to keep an NPC that tanks for you alive, for example.