Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    are there any stop points in Twisting Corridors? Not sure I'll be able to find enough time in one play window to get from start to finish. 2 hours max is my window, and that's if I can get up at 4:00 am instead of 4:30 for my pre-work playing.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

The start of each level is a safe area, but no real stopping points where you can come back the next day.

You should be done with a layer of TC in under 2 hours unless you're basically unable to complete it due to gear or bad anima RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What do you mean? %damage buffs or % str buffs or %HP buffs scale off your gear. If you have 1000 strength now but 2000 strength later. If you get 20% strength buff, that is a huge difference.
    Those aren't the buffs carrying people through and there aren't many flat percent buffs. The souls are the primary source of those kind of buffs and aren't really THAT much of a consideration in clearing. I'm also pretty sure you probably will at most double it which that 20% still only is an extra 200 str which in the long run isn't much when you're talking floor 15-17 on layer 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The start of each level is a safe area, but no real stopping points where you can come back the next day.

You should be done with a layer of TC in under 2 hours unless you're basically unable to complete it due to gear or bad anima RNG.
    If you're doing solo you can also try rerolling the first one by exiting until you get a good one.

What do you mean? %damage buffs or % str buffs or %HP buffs scale off your gear. If you have 1000 strength now but 2000 strength later. If you get 20% strength buff, that is a huge difference.
    The %mainstat traits aren't the ones that make you strong. 15 ilvl increase do not make up for a +50% flat dmg increase trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Thing is (resto shaman here) that dpsing with a healer spec feels horrible (at least for my class). It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s simply ZERO fun.

You basically stand still and press a sequence of 4-5 buttons for 1 hour, healing yourself from time to time. It’s ok when you do a quick WQ, less ok when you have to bear it for 1 hour or more.

It would have been FAR more interesting if as a healer you should have to keep an NPC that tanks for you alive, for example.
    This is exactly what you do as DPS, tho - only that you can heal you better, for lower dmgoutput.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    The %mainstat traits aren't the ones that make you strong. 15 ilvl increase do not make up for a +50% flat dmg increase trait.
    If you do 3k dps at 200, but 5k dps at 215, then a 50% damage increase will be bigger with more item levels right?

3,000 * 1.5 = 4500

= Gain of 1500

5,000 * 1.5 = 7500

= Gain of 2500

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    are there any stop points in Twisting Corridors? Not sure I'll be able to find enough time in one play window to get from start to finish. 2 hours max is my window, and that's if I can get up at 4:00 am instead of 4:30 for my pre-work playing.
    You should need no longer than 1h30m for a TC layer if you clear everything and somehow know what you do. People will come and tell you that one single TC layer will take 3h, but that's just because they do not know what to do in there.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do 3k dps at 200, but 5k dps at 215, then a 50% damage increase will be bigger with more item levels right?

3,000 * 1.5 = 4500

= Gain of 1500

5,000 * 1.5 = 7500

= Gain of 2500
    That's pretty obvious, but those %statincreases are not the stuff that carries a player in TC.
    If I have to decide between the +40% mainstat (and no jumping) trait or a +50% dmg (with whatever negative effect), I'll always take the +50%, except(!!!) I have an absurd amount of mainstat, that is simply not reachable in almost all cases, even if you get very lucky and get maaany souls. Those runs CAN happen, but it's way to rare.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-01-19 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    There is nothing fun about thorgast you idiot. Instead of designing this absolute travesty, they could have spent time imagining and designing something that is actually fun.
    "idiot"... says the guy that is too stupid to understand that your feelings != facts and your opinion != not everyone else's opinion.

Also yeah, got it in my first post already: You're a snowflake that wants Blizz to remove content you're too bad at (as you're unable to even get close to getting the maw mount) and everyone should suffer for it.

btw. Torghast will stay relevant for the entire expansion, so might as well quit the game if I was you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    You can stop every 3 floors at the vendor guy. But 2 hours is more than enough time to get one layer done. All layers will about equally take 1:30hr to get done and you can't really go much slow either as you will just die.

You can definitely go slower, wait for your cooldowns to refresh for every pull, and so on. Many of the torghast leveltypes have annoying stuff if you do that though, spawning mobs to attack you every so often or ramping fire damage every 5 seconds. This is why the only real blocking points are the bosses because you can't really whittle them down (barring tricks running back to the start, and yes those do work on many bosses) and will have your cooldowns every time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Did you enjoy those 15 hours, though? It's fine if you did, diff'rent strokes. I know I didn't, and from what I've seen and heard most people didn't.
    No, for the sake of argument "everyone" enjoyed it

There is nothing fun about thorgast you idiot. Instead of designing this absolute travesty, they could have spent time imagining and designing something that is actually fun.
    You do realize "fun" is entirely subjective right? Torghast has been some of the most fun I've had in WoW in awhile.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You do realize "fun" is entirely subjective right? Torghast has been some of the most fun I've had in WoW in awhile.
    in this case its objective

So you're saying the fun I'm having in Torghast isn't real? Come on now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Just admit that you are whining, because you suck at Torghast, but want the rewards handed over to you. You've so far provided 0 arguments besides saying lame and childish names and everyone who disagrees is dumb.

Nothing more has to be added to this thread honestly... it is low effort trolling at best. git gud

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Just admit that you are whining, because you suck at Torghast, but want the rewards handed over to you. You've so far provided 0 arguments besides saying lame and childish names and everyone who disagrees is dumb.

Nothing more has to be added to this thread honestly... it is low effort trolling at best. git gud
    I can admit that you're mad

I can admit that you're mad
    Unlike you, I have no reason to be mad, I love Torghast... and especially since I know it is here to stay for the rest of SL.

I guess there is nothing else that needs to be said in this thread. Again, all you do is call others here stupid and mad, even though it's you who was that butthurt to make a thread and even admit for being bad right in the OP.

git gud

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Unlike you, I have no reason to be mad, I love Torghast... and especially since I know it is here to stay for the rest of SL.

I guess there is nothing else that needs to be said in this thread. Again, all you do is call others here stupid and mad, even though it's you who was that butthurt to make a thread and even admit for being bad right in the OP.

git gud

/thread
    Yet, you seem quite mad

cannot wait to do another weekly torgast run after a reset!!! ...said nobody ever. fuck this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Do you really? I mean, yeah, if you want the maximum convenience, but at that point, just don't play the game if it's too inconvenient to you? You don't have to do Maw either.
    You must do Maw because of sockets and conductors. And you must have mount to do Maw efficiently. It's simple as that.

Torghast isnt a chore,i mean you can go straight to layer 8 and for TC layers you can slowly do 2 per week for example (although you should have finished it on week 1 for the mount which works for alts in the maw scenario at start of SL) a chore is something you do everyday for hours and not getting anything,doing 2 layer 8 per week for your legendaries shouldnt be consider a "chore" ......... its for your character's progression............

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You must do Maw because of sockets and conductors. And you must have mount to do Maw efficiently. It's simple as that.
    NO you don't. You do not need any of that to play game effectively. Maw is completely optional. There is no "must".