Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    im cop pls no lynch
    Oh good. I was starting to worry someone had abducted Lora and replaced him with an impostor.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Mostly to make something happen. I've also survived until the end game during many recent games, so I assume I'd be a good candidate for a night kill regardless of whether I chose to claim or not.

It also, hopefully, stops other people from stepping up and claiming instead who may or may not have more valuable roles to bring to the table.
    I don't like. It seems like a silly play like claiming Prince on Day 2. But since it's something, have a vote

Vote Graeham

excuse me i did that on day 1 tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by mercychan View Post
    excuse me i did that on day 1 tyvm
    You shouldn't be killed tonight for the same reason Lora should not be killed. It would not be sportsmanlike to kill you on D1/N1 on your third consecutive played game.

I waited a bit to see if anyone else would chime in, and I’ve seen most people post at this point without doing so... so:

@Val the Moofia Boss - I feel you should let it run the full 48 hours since that’s what it started at, and we’ve yet to hear from Crackle.

Also:
    FoS: Cereal
    For being willing to let day phase be shortened when we haven’t even heard from all the players yet.
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Ah yes. The need to wait until everyone speaks to vote on someone to potentially save from a kill tonight.

Your finger is broken.

It’s not about the protect or not - it’s about getting interactions between players.

I am not sure how much I'd get from interactions on Day 1 when we are voting to protect versus voting to lynch. If it were a lynch, there is absolutely information to be gained.

Unless there is a day ability, the scum don't care who gets the protect since they will just not target that person.

Plus, we have had two people claim TPRs and you are typically against all forms of claiming this early on.

If Day 1 were pointless, games would start with N1. No matter how much people want to cry fluff - there is absolutely a point to the interactions that occur.

And yes. I am 100000% against claims so early. But historically yelling at people for it has done little to no good, all I can do at this point is refuse to reward the behavior.

I'm not arguing that D1 is useless. Just that interactions may not mean much when D1 is a vote to protect and not lynch since it doesn't cause anyone to be suspicious. I personally like to see actions occur and then discuss that.

But, regardless, my point stands. Your finger is broken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait... with absolutely no reason, Grae is claiming TPR on D1 in hopes to get the N1 protect and people believed him and flipped their votes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I'm not arguing that D1 is useless. Just that interactions may not mean much when D1 is a vote to protect and not lynch since it doesn't cause anyone to be suspicious. I personally like to see actions occur and then discuss that.

there are plenty of interactions to examine. Such as people voting to protect the claimed TPR, or people willing to vote on someone that survived late or any other reason

It's mostly a matter of thinking ahead. If I'm protected tonight, I can get an action off and prove my role when the next day phase swings around. At which point, I could potentially be protected again the following night phase, though at the hands of a player. Granted, there's a risk that the protection tonight doesn't extend to role blocks but then would scum risk using negative actions on me when there's a good chance that many eyes will be upon me during the night?

My goal is to expose and utterly crush the scum team. I will show them no mercy and I hope to rally others to my side to completely eradicate them.

Let the power of friendship prevail and save the day!

10+ Year Old Account

It could still help. Scum will not be likely to try for it because why would they, they won’t kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Wait... with absolutely no reason, Grae is claiming TPR on D1 in hopes to get the N1 protect and people believed him and flipped their votes?
    I personally don't see it as a scum move. They don't need the protection. If town gets it, they just target someone else.

I disagree. It may not tell you the same type of information, but it is still information. Unlike a normal vote to lynch, scum won’t care if one of their own is offered up. In fact it is to their benefit if one is, since it will keep their options open for night targets.

I am clearly in the wrong here since others have chimed in, so I'll stop arguing it. We shall see how useful D1 is this game

3+ Year Old Account
    Wat?

Did I miss something?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Vote: Xanj

Cause fuck it, yolo

Also I want to annoy claws
    lol annoy me? i'm probably gunna die N1 anyways i've been alive to the end of the last 2 games but why bother voting for me im just your friendly neighborhood town guy :P

I personally don't see it as a scum move. They don't need the protection. If town gets it, they just target someone else.
    I mean it looks pretty good if you can take the N1 protection away from town and appear pro-town early.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean it looks pretty good if you can take the N1 protection away from town and appear pro-town early.
    I can concede second part. The first part is moot since scum wouldn't attack the protected person anyway.