What TV shows and movies are underappreciated?

I would say

The news - never gets praised enough.
    Soap operas - too often slagged off
    Star wars - one of the greatest movies.

Of all the thousands of films made yearly, you really think Star Wars is underappreciated?

Okay.

children of men, that film fucking rules man

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure there are tons, but my go-to example is always Mystery Men. Absolutely hilarious movie that skewered the whole superhero movie craze when it was barely getting started. It was released in 1999, the year before X-men and a full three years before Spider-Man. Highly underrated movie that I really recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am sure there are tons, but my go-to example is always Mystery Men. Absolutely hilarious movie that skewered the whole superhero movie craze when it was barely getting started. It was released in 1999, the year before X-men and a full three years before Spider-Man. Highly underrated movie that I really recommend.
    I agree with this pick. underrated gem.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Invasion from 2005, William Fichtner is amazing in it, unfortunately its time slot combined with a plethora of hurricanes that year caused a lot of folks to not watch it.

Boston Legal - Shatner in a role that rivals Captain Kirk, and many of the episodes of still relevant today.

Star Trek III - Bears the odd numbered "curse", but its actually a decent film, from the cinematography, the music, Kruge is a decent villain, and seeing the Enterprise get destroyed is still heartbreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we just have this discussion like a week ago?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Apocalypto, just think it is an amazing movie that is not well known to a lot.

Dracula, Dead and Loving It. I don't understand why it didn't do well.

Star Wars is not underappreciated. On the contrary, actually, in my book.

As for other titles... Well, I don't think The Snowman was as bad as people made it out to be. It's a bit too quick and predictable near the end, but I really enjoy it up to the point of the murderer's identity becoming obvious. I also like that they didn't make it a damned PG13 flick. The headshot scene alone is top shelf!

Same goes for the latest Hellboy. Perfect actor, not some PG13 crap but they messed up casting a non-actor as the villain. I can't stand the first 2 Hellboy movies, and I'm saddened by the fact that there won't be sequels to this one which could let them improve.

Apocalypto is worth mentioning. I get how a lot of people can't sit through it though with its visceral and realistic depictions of violence. I also get that a lot of people weren't OK with the liberties taken for the story and depiction of the cultures, but still. I appreciate the movie for what it is, entertainment.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-20 at 12:33 AM.

I am going to close this as the OP derailed the thread from the start. Do not remake this.