Thread: Possible leak?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By all means, explain what you were trying to say - you literally just said a whole bunch of words with zero context, and zero bearing on the current conversation. Do you have anything to add that is on topic? Or just here to pat yourself on the back before throwing a massive wobbly, swearing at all the mods, and "quitting" again?
    I think my post is quite easy to read.

First post says Classic subs are "grim" right now

then my post happened

1+1=2

People care about sub numbers to much.

Sheep really need sub numbers to reaffirm your enjoyment of a recreational video game?

It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I think my post is quite easy to read.

First post says Classic subs are "grim" right now

then my post happened

1+1=2
    It doesnt say retail subs are though.....Are you saying retail is a "sandpark" mmo, and classic is not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Didn't this happen a year or so ago, some big addon dev had somehow got the sub numbers and was going to post them but it turned out they were complete bullshit?
    Yep.

Didn't stop people from quoting that shit as fact for months and months though. People sure do love numbers when they agree with what they're saying.

This story makes absolutly no sense since if this data was linked on the internet, it doesnt matter if they closed the thread it would be easy to find right now.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    People care about sub numbers to much.

Sheep really need sub numbers to reaffirm your enjoyment of a recreational video game?

It's sad.
    Like i said in a previous post, i really dont understand people obsession with it. I dont really see too much of it from the retail fanbois, but a small segment of the classic fans are OBSESSED with the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    This story makes absolutly no sense since if this data was linked on the internet, it doesnt matter if they closed the thread it would be easy to find right now.
    According to OP, the data was NOT leaked - only information that a leak had occurred - its pretty clearly outlined in the OP to be fair.

Sandpark is a mix of the 2

Archeage
    Ashes of Creation
    etc

Only a MMORPG connoisseur such as myself understands this kind of things.
    The intellectual level of MMO-C posts has decresed since my absence.
    Who else is going to discuss game design up in this hell hole?
    You think too highly of yourself and are an attention hound. Why else would you make a thread about quitting the forums instead of just quitting and why else are you still here if you supposedly quit? Also "Only a MMORPG connoisseur such as myself understands this kind of things"? "The intellectual level of MMO-C posts has decreased since my absence"? Again you are a bit full of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You think too highly of yourself and are an attention hound. Why else would you make a thread about quitting the forums instead of just quitting and why else are you still here if you supposedly quit? Also "Only a MMORPG connoisseur such as myself understands this kind of things"? "The intellectual level of MMO-C posts has decreased since my absence"? Again you are a bit full of yourself.
    Lol, you get used to it - she is like this in every thread, but the good news is she runs out of puff really quickly, calls everyone names, and leaves/gets banned.

OT: I think it would be at most "interesting" to see the breakdown, but i do think it would create an absolute shitstorm either way it shaped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Im just being playful with arkanon is just banter
    Please dont tell me you take arkanon seriously at this point. Thats madness (^_^)

I don't think I'll ever understand why people make fake leak threads. Is it attention? Nah, there's worse/better ways to do that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Like i said in a previous post, i really dont understand people obsession with it. I dont really see too much of it from the retail fanbois, but a small segment of the classic fans are OBSESSED with the numbers.
    It's funny you pretend not to care, but Im sure if I looked, I could find you in any number of threads about classic subs. Youre habitually in these threads.

Are you trying to say Sandbox? If so........what are you trying to say? The leak supposedly says that CLASSIC lost a surprisingly high number of players...
    No, they're saying minor niche games are the future of the genre. Somehow. Naturally, it's total bupkis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    If the leak is true, what do you expect it to reveal?
    I have no clue what the point of "leaking" such info would be, other than maaaaybe telling people that root for Classic versions of each expansion pack that they just won't be happening. You want TBC, Wrath or even Pandaria servers? Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    It's funny you pretend not to care, but Im sure if I looked, I could find you in any number of threads about classic subs. Youre habitually in these threads.
    There is a gaping chasm between OBSSESSED with the numbers, and interested in them. For example, I wouldnt have a clue who you are, nor do i care. And yet you know me by name and seem to have a running history of my posts in your head? Thats obsession.

I have said i would be interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they're saying minor niche games are the future of the genre. Somehow. Naturally, it's total bupkis.
    Ah right, I understand now. Browser based f2p and mobile mmos are the future - gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Themepark is too much work...only big companies can keep up the insatiable hunger of the fans.
    You are here on MMO-C, how long does it take for threads to appear asking for new content?
    Less than a month from my experience

Is the flaw of the "themepark"

Sandbox with a mix of themepark....why not the future?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-01-20 at 01:14 AM.

Is the flaw of the "themepark"
    Is that why wow has barely broken even over its 15 years? Just a flawed design, right?

If they announce TBC servers, Classic to them is a success.

Is that why wow has barely broken even over its 15 years? Just a flawed design, right?
    You really need to grab your monocle to engage on a conversation with me...you are failing at it on all levels (>_<)

Im saying is flawed for the party developing the MMO.
    The company

We? The consumers? We just "NOM NOM NOM NOM" eat up the millions of dollars Blizzard wastes on development in a month and ask for more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I was on one of “those” websites, and a reputable WoW leaker had a since removed post up regarding a potential leak from Blizzard.
    The story goes their Sub count has been leaked by accident (not a disgruntled employee or anything dramatic like that), including a very in-depth breakdown of the splits between accounts that only play Classic, only play Retail, and those that play both. Her source informed her, without mentioning specific numbers, that it painted quite a grim picture for Classic outside the initial 6-8 weeks.
    From what she said, Blizzard are aware of the leak, and are seriously considering releasing the information themselves rather than it coming from an unknown source.
    If the leak is true, what do you expect it to reveal?
    I am of the position that any 'leak' is fake until corroborated.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You really need to grab your monocle to engage on a conversation with me...you are failing at it on all levels (>_<)

Im saying is flawed for the party developing the MMO.
    The company

We? The consumers? We just "NOM NOM NOM NOM" eat up the millions of dollars Blizzard wastes on development in a month and ask for more
    If that was true, nobody would be doing it. Your argument is nonsensical and self-defeating.

Meanwhile, all those sandbox MMOs are stuck in niche existences, meaning their concept doesn't work any better, and generally far worse. Sandbox players are to small a group to get big.