Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - January 19, 2021

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - January 19, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Adventures

• Fixed an issue where Meatball would become unavailable if he is on a mission while changing covenants.

Classes

• Paladin
      • Protection
        • Fixed an issue where Reign of Endless Kings (Legendary Effect) would not trigger Guardian of Ancient Kings that’s under the effect of Glyph of the Queen.
        • Fixed an issue where Reign of Endless Kings (Legendary Effect) would not trigger on the correct target while talented into Guardian of the Ancient Queen (PvP Talent).
        • The Ardent Protector's Sanctum (Legendary Effect) will no longer cause other Protection Paladin's Ardent Defender to be placed on cooldown.
    • Priest
      • Discipline
        • Clarity of Mind (Legendary Effect) will now properly extend the caster's Atonements with Spirit Shell (Talent) when other Discipline Priests also have Atonement active.
    • Warlock
      • Destruction
        • Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar's (Legendary Effect) damage debuff can no longer be reflected.

Covenants

• Kyrian
      • Fixed an issue where the scenario "The Greater Good" could fail to end properly.
    • Necrolord
      • The constructs created by Necrolord players have had a few changes to their designs, and should no longer be as chatty as they were before.
    • Night Fae
      • Completing the Ardenweald covenant campaign will now result in a choice between a Castle Nathria Raid Finder main-hand or off-hand weapon instead of both, moving it in line with the other covenant campaigns.

Creatures and NPCs

• Gormbore and Dustbrawl should now drop loot as intended.

Dungeons and Raids

• Halls of Atonement
      • Echelon
        • The ground visual for Curse of Stone should remain visible with lowered Graphics Quality in the System Settings menu.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Anima Powers
      • Mage
        • Fire Juggler should no longer be able to knock enemies into locations where they can’t be looted.

World Quests

• The Anima Collectors are now easier to find in the world quest "Tithe and Taxes."

Lol. Rather than adding the ability to get a main hand + offhand from other covenants... nerf the one that offers both. Logic!

And here I was thinking it was really nice that for once 2H users and MH+OH users were on the same level with respect to quest rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Can we actually fix some of the PvP bugs going on? Getting kind of ridiculous that things like the mind control teleporting and the partner appearing to be in the starting area issue hasn’t been fixed.

It’s impossible that Blizzard are unaware, how can it possibly be lower priority than ‘Meatball is sometimes unavailable’????

Unreal. I’m not even talking about balance fixes, I’m talking about bugs that borderline break the game and have been presented during actual tournaments and still nothing is done.

W-t-f.

Waiting for Class/Covenant balance got me like

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Can we actually fix some of the PvP bugs going on? Getting kind of ridiculous that things like the mind control teleporting and the partner appearing to be in the starting area issue hasn’t been fixed.

It’s impossible that Blizzard are unaware, how can it possibly be lower priority than ‘Meatball is sometimes unavailable’????

Unreal. I’m not even talking about balance fixes, I’m talking about bugs that borderline break the game and have been presented during actual tournaments and still nothing is done.

W-t-f.
    It's possible that Blizzard simply loves the clown fiestas more than we do.

"Gormbore and Dustbrawl should now drop loot as intended"

Great, so much time wasted for a drop that didn't fucking exist...

Looks like they are finally fixing rares, but come on, fix Fallen Acolyte Erisne already! It's the only one I need for Explorer, and I've been trying since the first week of release to mark it off.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Lol. Rather than adding the ability to get a main hand + offhand from other covenants... nerf the one that offers both. Logic!

And here I was thinking it was really nice that for once 2H users and MH+OH users were on the same level with respect to quest rewards.
    What baffled me is that the OH token can't be used for an... OH weapon. So IE, as an enh sham I could upgrade my MH but I couldn't get another actual weapon for my OH. I thought it was a bug and then when I did it on my DK and pally I saw they only gave one... Which could of been explained by the specs being played but... yeah...

It's kinda a big flaw of using 2 weapons. It's a pain now as the tokens are pretty rare to even see drop. Meanwhile a lot of classes only need 1 weapon. That is the part I'm missing about the artifact weapons. You cut that bullshit down.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Looks like they are finally fixing rares, but come on, fix Fallen Acolyte Erisne already! It's the only one I need for Explorer, and I've been trying since the first week of release to mark it off.
    Was up in EU last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    What baffled me is that the OH token can't be used for an... OH weapon.
    How does it baffle you? It says on the token "Return this bead of anima to your Covenant sanctum in exchange for a shield or offhand" while the other says "weapon". Offhands are strictly labeled "Held in offhand" while shields say "Shield". Just because you wield a weapon in your other hand doesn't immediately make it count as an offhand in terms of loot. It is still a weapon and always has been. That is the downside of wielding two weapons in that you need two actual weapons.

So not really sure why you think an offhand token would count for a weapon.

So IE, as an enh sham I could upgrade my MH but I couldn't get another actual weapon for my OH.
    In reality you are technically replacing both weapons with the one token unless they happen to be the exact same thing. Typically your MH weapon will be better than your OH so your shifting it over thus you are getting an upgrade for both slots.

It's kinda a big flaw of using 2 weapons. It's a pain now as the tokens are pretty rare to even see drop. Meanwhile a lot of classes only need 1 weapon. That is the part I'm missing about the artifact weapons. You cut that bullshit down.
    I mean even people who use Shields or Offhands suffer the same problem as wielders of 2 weapons. You still need to get both to drop. The only advantage they have is if a 2hander drops they can swap over to it, providing it is an upgrade still.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Waiting for Class/Covenant balance got me like
    There is no reason to wait for covenant balance. They've already said they aren't doing any balancing passes until the next patch that way players aren't feeling "forced" to constantly swap each week if they are the "Super duper best choice" because that's all some care about most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    why are all my followers healing so @#%$ing slow today
    Haven't seen that occur at all. They are still healing at the same 0.1% rate every minute with a full heal going from 0% to 100% being 16.67 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    Was up in EU last week.
    It spawns just fine, but when you kill her you don't get credit for the kill on the Adventurer of Bastion achievement. It's part of Explorer and will almost certainly be required for flying.

Ok, for all of you that expect major changes to covenants or the 'one shot meta' for PvP, don't, they won't come now, they will come with the first major patch. I'm mostly done with what I wanted to do so I'm putting the game on the side until that day comes, especially in PvP -- being on the receiving end of these bursty classes isn't fun, unless you join them.

Well, glad my Druid finished the campaign before this change went live. Was nice getting the MH/OH for my balance spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Ok, for all of you that expect major changes to covenants or the 'one shot meta' for PvP, don't, they won't come now, they will come with the first major patch. I'm mostly done with what I wanted to do so I'm putting the game on the side until that day comes, especially in PvP -- being on the receiving end of these bursty classes isn't fun, unless you join them.
    I’m just waiting for the nerfs because I’m looking forward to the crying to start about how the once OP FotM specs become “unplayable.”

Here I was thinking we were finally going to get some PVP tuning...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How does it baffle you? It says on the token "Return this bead of anima to your Covenant sanctum in exchange for a shield or offhand" while the other says "weapon". Offhands are strictly labeled "Held in offhand" while shields say "Shield". Just because you wield a weapon in your other hand doesn't immediately make it count as an offhand in terms of loot. It is still a weapon and always has been. That is the downside of wielding two weapons in that you need two actual weapons.

So not really sure why you think an offhand token would count for a weapon.
    Let's not forget that the token only gives 3 iLvl more than the current WQ cap, and actually worse than the final WQ cap.

And i just got a 197 out of the epic calling box.

Constructs still not able to stealth with Rogue?

Meme-tier class tuning this expansion. Adding Covenants to the mix was their worst mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's not forget that the token only gives 3 iLvl more than the current WQ cap, and actually worse than the final WQ cap.

And i just got a 197 out of the epic calling box.
    True. But the fact that WQs and calling boxes pay zero attention to your spec sucks. My MM/BM hunter sees only stave + polearm WQ rewards, and my Guardian/Feral druid has gotten a 197 int staff and offhand from the calling boxes.

Pre-campaign, my hunter was stuck with a 158 weapon because of no luck with dungeon, raid, or WQ drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s