Poll: Do you think Sylvanas still loves Alleria and Vereesa or Quel'Thalas and her people?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think there’s a bigger chance of Sylvanas caring for her other two sisters than the other two caring for Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Very clearly she loves Anduin more than her sisters, given how Anduin's words are somehow influencing her while her own family could not get through to her despite all of their attempts.

Pathetic scum. She had no problem drowning Alleria in blight, but now she feels conflicted about stabbing Anduin? Worthless.
    Alleria has openly said she wished she killed Sylvanas. So let’s not pretend Alleria was trying to hug or save Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I think there’s a bigger chance of Sylvanas caring for her other two sisters than the other two caring for Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria has openly said she wished she killed Sylvanas. So let’s not pretend Alleria was trying to hug or save Sylvanas.
    You do realize that Anduin said the exact same thing many times in the past? And literally tasked Alleria and Turalyon with bringing Sylvanas to justice?

At this point I'm convinced you reply to me only to argue.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

You do realize that Anduin said the exact same thing many times in the past? And literally tasked Alleria and Turalyon with bringing Sylvanas to justice?

At this point I'm convinced you reply to me only to argue.
    I'm not a fan of the whole Anduin convo either tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the whole Anduin convo either tbh.
    Well it still happened. Anduin succeeded where Alleria and Vereesa failed, because he actually made Sylvanas reconsider her whole mentality, which she borrowed from the Jailer.

Meanwhile both Windrunner reunions (Sylvanas-Vereesa in War Crimes and Sylvanas-Alleria-Vereesa shortly before BfA) miserably failed, and neither sister could try to reason with Sylvanas.

Oh sure Sylvanas "let" Alleria and Vereesa live (but let's be real, the two would've easily slaughtered Sylvanas' worthless minions), but then she had no problem killing Alleria shortly after at the Battle of Lordaeron. She had no problem killing Anduin either back then, but evidently now she can't even bring herself to ignore his words. And of course in War Crimes she was 100% set on killing Vereesa and her children so that they could be "together forever".

And don't say that Anduin is simply better/kinder than Alleria and Vereesa, because that's a lie. Alleria literally spent 1.000 years on distant worlds to protect her family, Sylvanas included.

I don't give a shit about Anduin and Sylvanas, they can both rot in that wretched hell alongside that annoying Jailer, but Blizzard did Alleria and Vereesa WRONG. This latest cinematic basically says that Anduin, a stupid 19 yo old child, understands Sylvanas better than her own fucking sisters, with whom Sylvanas was so close and spent her entire life.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-05 at 05:17 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Well it still happened. Anduin succeeded where Alleria and Vereesa failed, because he actually made Sylvanas reconsider her whole mentality, which she borrowed from the Jailer.

Meanwhile both Windrunner reunions (Sylvanas-Vereesa in War Crimes and Sylvanas-Alleria-Vereesa shortly before BfA) miserably failed, and neither sister could try to reason with Sylvanas.

Oh sure Sylvanas "let" Alleria and Vereesa live (but let's be real, the two would've easily slaughtered Sylvanas' worthless minions), but then she had no problem killing Alleria shortly after at the Battle of Lordaeron. She had no problem killing Anduin either back then, but evidently now she can't even bring herself to ignore his words. And of course in War Crimes she was 100% set on killing Vereesa and her children so that they could be "together forever".

And don't say that Anduin is simply better/kinder than Alleria and Vereesa, because that's a lie. Alleria literally spent 1.000 years on distant worlds to protect her family, Sylvanas included.

I don't give a shit about Anduin and Sylvanas, they can both rot in that wretched hell alongside that annoying Jailer, but Blizzard did Alleria and Vereesa WRONG. This latest cinematic basically says that Anduin, a stupid 19 yo old child, understands Sylvanas better than her own fucking sisters, with whom Sylvanas was so close and spent her entire life

You're on fucking fire

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    It has been long implied Sylvanas has always cared deeply for her two sisters -- and she still did at their reunion, when she couldn't ultimately bring herself to slay them despite the temptation to do so. She showed more raw emotion after Vereesa's rejection of her than she did almost her entire time fighting for the Horde and her faction. And she kept Alleria's last gift, her sapphire necklace, with her for many years -- even after she thought her older sister was long since dead. Alleria and Vereesa apparently still care somewhat for Sylvanas, as they asked Anduin to hold back his attack during the last battle at Orgrimmar.

Sylvanas's last statement to them was probably the truth -- she would never betray them. Because as she proclaimed, the Horde is nothing, and therefore she was unlikely to have been proud to have been its Warchief, and likely regarded it only as her convenient tool -- or at least that is how the story unfolded, regardless of how most players felt.

Has she finally outgrown these feelings? Or do they still yet linger deep down inside? Could she bring herself to truly harm them even now? If Alleria and Vereesa faced her, what would likely happen? And what about her beloved Quel'Thalas? The land of the high elves? Where her family came from? And which she defended with all her strength for so many years? Could she bring herself to actually harm the people of Silvermoon, her own people in blood? Do you think if she was ordered to destroy the city, the kingdom and its Sunwell like Arthas Menethil did, for example, possibly to prove her loyalty once and for all, would she really do so?
    I believe they tried to write her as a tragic villain, one who lost it all, regained what she thought was freedom, only to see that freedom be ultimately meaningless and thus turned to her present nihilism.

But it's still nihilism with an overtly emotional basis, as shown time and again during her slipups, her reunion with her sisters and her chats with Anduin.

So to answer your question: i do not know if she has the conviction in her despair to betray those she (presumably) cares about most deeply.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think she definitely still loves her sisters.

However, perspective is important. Does she love them in the same way a sane and healthy person would? No.

Even before recent events, she was going to murder Vareesa out of love, so that she'd fit in in the Undercity.

Shes psychotic, shit that makes sense to her won't make sense to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I don't give a shit about Anduin and Sylvanas, they can both rot in that wretched hell alongside that annoying Jailer, but Blizzard did Alleria and Vereesa WRONG. This latest cinematic basically says that Anduin, a stupid 19 yo old child, understands Sylvanas better than her own fucking sisters, with whom Sylvanas was so close and spent her entire life.
    Lol i hear ya.

I agree, her sisters should have a better hold on her than Anduin. Although the cinematic logic is indefensible i could say they were trying to go for the inception effect. Assming you seen that movie, but the deeper they went into the dream the deeper they went into each other's subconscious and they were able to get a deeper understanding of that person than others could outside of that state. So perhaps by being in the Shadowlands it affords those within it a better snapshot idk. That's the best i could come up with. But you're not wrong, her sisters who have know Slyvannas for thousands of years should know her better than anyone.

Sometimes distance can help see more clearly. Especially if the person in question had some major life changing events in the more recent past.

5+ Year Old Account
    Early in the game, it looked like she did, for example in the necklace quest from the Ghostlands. But since they turned her into a moustache twirling villain in BfA, it's safe to say that she no longer cares about anyone, elf or otherwise - except the God King, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Early in the game, it looked like she did, for example in the necklace quest from the Ghostlands. But since they turned her into a moustache twirling villain in BfA, it's safe to say that she no longer cares about anyone, elf or otherwise - except the God King, of course.
    What about Blightcaller?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

5+ Year Old Account
    What about Blightcaller?
    Poor Nath is such a pitiful figure that I figured it would be better not to discuss him.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-01-10 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty hard to judge a characters feelings when the act of killing something doesn't actually mean anything to them because they view life as a "flicker" before the true rest of their life starts.

For all we know Sylvanas secretly loved Saurfang. All the pieces are perfectly in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    pretty hard to judge a characters feelings when the act of killing something doesn't actually mean anything to them because they view life as a "flicker" before the true rest of their life starts.

For all we know Sylvanas secretly loved Saurfang. All the pieces are perfectly in place.
    Sylvanas likely hesitated -- not because necessarily she did not want to harm them, to her, all things inevitably serve Death -- but rather because she did not want them to lose their free will as she did.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

10+ Year Old Account
    according to my memory of wc 3 campaigns, she lost her ability to feel.

but, i don't think she actually hates her sisters ( since she was raised as a banshee, she ought to hate life altogether ) but i don't know how is this possible. this is just a weird feeling or a wild guess, remind you, and based on nothing but my sitting organ.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know how when you have a cute pet or baby and you just want to bite them. Cuz they are so cute.

That's how Sylvanas views her sisters. But not cuz they are cute. And not just one bite. But many. And not from her. But from a ghoul from naxxrammas.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    according to my memory of wc 3 campaigns, she lost her ability to feel.
    she had this feeling of intrigue and impression when she recruited the Blackthorn Bandits
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

We know she loves her sisters otherwise she would have killed them in the ambush when she had the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We know she loves her sisters otherwise she would have killed them in the ambush when she had the chance.
    But the question is whether she still loves Alleria and Vereesa, and her homeland Quel'Thalas -- not whether she loved them before this expansion began. Sylvanas has changed a lot as well since.

5+ Year Old Account
    But the question is whether she still loves Alleria and Vereesa, and her homeland Quel'Thalas -- not whether she loved them before this expansion began. Sylvanas has changed a lot as well since.
    Another poster explained it best, she loves them in a twisted crazy way.

The best thing she can do for those she “loves” is work with jailer and break the cycle of life she believes are unjust.

That is what she believes.