Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If the rock concert said before tickets went on sale "AC/DC will not be attending." and you go thinking Ac/DC will attend because some shitty music "Journalist" said their insider knowledge that they can't name but totally exists says they will be there.

Then yes it is your fault that you got mad because AC-DC didn't show up.
    Well if you wanna go like this - no, rock concert organizers themselves did tell everyone there will be no AC/DC and it was fine, because people assumed they will get AC/DC band or Motorhead or any other rock band. Again, you dense motherfuckers, they got Nickelback, not a rock band. That's why people got upset - Nickelback, not another rock band. It was fine that they weren't getting AC/DC. HELLOOOOOOOOOOO???

Come again.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well if you wanna go like this - no, rock concert organizers themselves did tell everyone there will be no AC/DC and it was fine, because people assumed they will get AC/DC band or Motorhead or any other rock band. Again, you dense motherfuckers, they got Nickelback, not a rock band. That's why people got upset - Nickelback, not another rock band. It was fine that they weren't getting AC/DC. HELLOOOOOOOOOOO???

Come again.
    Actually champ, people would have paid for tickets to a mystery concert expecting AC/DC, getting Nickleback, then bitching that AC/DC wasn't there when the concert promoter specifically said AC/DC wasn't going to be there so don't expect it.

The reaction was so privileged and juvenile that those that participated in online temper tantrums deserve to be called out and ridiculed for their behaviour.

Also a big boo-fucking-hoo to those not interested in a mobile game or pissed that it was announced on stage at Blizzcon instead of or without any mention of D4. Many people are interested in anything Diablo, and all reports from 2018 is that the game was good, and the Aus closed alpha test had tons of raves coming from it.

So cut the crap and vitriol over this shit. It's just a video game and if people get this upset over an announcement of a mobile game, then I have little hope for them in real life when it comes to actual issues or conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Actually champ, people would have paid for tickets to a mystery concert expecting AC/DC, getting Nickleback, then bitching that AC/DC wasn't there when the concert promoter specifically said AC/DC wasn't going to be there so don't expect it.

The reaction was so privileged and juvenile that those that participated in online temper tantrums deserve to be called out and ridiculed for their behaviour.

Also a big boo-fucking-hoo to those not interested in a mobile game or pissed that it was announced on stage at Blizzcon instead of or without any mention of D4. Many people are interested in anything Diablo, and all reports from 2018 is that the game was good, and the Aus closed alpha test had tons of raves coming from it.

So cut the crap and vitriol over this shit. It's just a video game and if people get this upset over an announcement of a mobile game, then I have little hope for them in real life when it comes to actual issues or conflict.
    You're out of touch, I will try to explain last time - this was blizzcon. People took vacation, traveled and paid good money. They are literally BIGGEST blizzard fanboys. That is your core audience. You announce shit to your CORE AUDIENCE.

And, surprise surprise surprise SURPRISE, core audience has nothing to do with mobile gaming. And then they all act surprised "omg how people can't like our unrelated stuff to anything core audience likes? don't you have phones?". Tone deaf, out of touch level 9001 and so on.

Champ, they booed blizzard. The fucking people who made your company booed you. Biggest fanboys booed you. Blizzard fucked up.
    Last edited by ldev; 2021-01-20 at 07:59 AM.

Champ, they booed blizzard. The fucking people who made your company booed you. Biggest fanboys booed you. Blizzard fucked up.
    It's undeniable that Blizzard did a big PR fuckup with Immortal. However, this has nothing to do with Immortal itself. Immortal is a mobile game, aimed to a specific playerbase which is actually growing and nets so much money it would just be stupid to ignore it.

Immortal announcement went the way it went because the hype was totally uncontrolled and people expected D4 or something else - which is kinda obvious for a Blizzcon announcement. They got Immortal and they got mad because everyone believed it was about something else and mobile gaming is not exactly the main interest of the core playerbase.
    When Blizzard saw the hype, they should have toned it down pretty much immediately - instead they ran the wave because INTEREST IN THE BRAND and that backfired. Also, it's worth remebering that we came from 2 years (iirc) without any Diablo news and D3 that was basically relegated to legacy games and maintenance mode. So everyone was uberthirsty for new big things and timing was really right for something big. Later Blizzard said that the plan was actually to reveal D4, but the developement was in a so early stage they really didn't have nothing to show. Just think at what was presented at Blizzcon for D4, and it's not actually that much - read all the quarterly updates that came out later and see how much work is being done on it.

All of this to say: the problem IS NOT Immortal. It's just a mobile game that should (in my and also Blizzard opinion apparently) have been presented as a "side-project" to keep people busy while D4 was developed. Unfortunately D4 wasn't ready, they HAD to say something about Diablo and someone though Immortal could stand by itself against the player pressure - something that clearly has been a bad decision. Even just something on the line "we wanted to show you D4 but it isn't ready, here's something collateral to dabble with" would have made things way better.

Instead they sperged it up all the way. "Don't you guys have phones?" was the demonstration that nothing was actually prepared and they just went with what they had because nothing was in a ready state. And that is the real problem.

Immortal will have lots of players and be successful, because it's a mobile game. The investment/gain ratio is so high it's not even an issue. The fact most hardcore fans won't even touch is has next to zero impact.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

You're out of touch, I will try to explain last time - this was blizzcon. People took vacation, traveled and paid good money. They are literally BIGGEST blizzard fanboys. That is your core audience. You announce shit to your CORE AUDIENCE.

And, surprise surprise surprise SURPRISE, core audience has nothing to do with mobile gaming. And then they all act surprised "omg how people can't like our unrelated stuff to anything core audience likes? don't you have phones?". Tone deaf, out of touch level 9001 and so on.

I don't give a fuck. Those same people were told there was not going to be a D4 announcement. A fuck your gatekeeping. I am their core audience too and I have no issues with a mobile game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's undeniable that Blizzard did a big PR fuckup with Immortal. However, this has nothing to do with Immortal itself. Immortal is a mobile game, aimed to a specific playerbase which is actually growing and nets so much money it would just be stupid to ignore it.

Immortal announcement went the way it went because the hype was totally uncontrolled and people expected D4 or something else - which is kinda obvious for a Blizzcon announcement. They got Immortal and they got mad because everyone believed it was about something else and mobile gaming is not exactly the main interest of the core playerbase.
    When Blizzard saw the hype, they should have toned it down pretty much immediately - instead they ran the wave because INTEREST IN THE BRAND and that backfired. Also, it's worth remebering that we came from 2 years (iirc) without any Diablo news and D3 that was basically relegated to legacy games and maintenance mode. So everyone was uberthirsty for new big things and timing was really right for something big. Later Blizzard said that the plan was actually to reveal D4, but the developement was in a so early stage they really didn't have nothing to show. Just think at what was presented at Blizzcon for D4, and it's not actually that much - read all the quarterly updates that came out later and see how much work is being done on it.

All of this to say: the problem IS NOT Immortal. It's just a mobile game that should (in my and also Blizzard opinion apparently) have been presented as a "side-project" to keep people busy while D4 was developed. Unfortunately D4 wasn't ready, they HAD to say something about Diablo and someone though Immortal could stand by itself against the player pressure - something that clearly has been a bad decision. Even just something on the line "we wanted to show you D4 but it isn't ready, here's something collateral to dabble with" would have made things way better.

Instead they sperged it up all the way. "Don't you guys have phones?" was the demonstration that nothing was actually prepared and they just went with what they had because nothing was in a ready state. And that is the real problem.

Immortal will have lots of players and be successful, because it's a mobile game. The investment/gain ratio is so high it's not even an issue. The fact most hardcore fans won't even touch is has next to zero impact.
    Not denying they handled it wrong, but the reactions and vitriolic aftermath was far worse.

Literally all they had to do was at the end of the immortals trailer have a logo for D4 pop up and then say at the start of the press conference it was in early development and they would share more next blizzcon. It would have been so easy and there would have been tons of hype.

I don't understand the rush they had to announce Immortal on 2018. The game still isn't out.

If they had announced both D4 and Immortal in Blizzcon 2019, the reception would have been overwhelmingly positive to both games.

I've seen some streams on Twitch... and it looks as expected - typical p2w mobile game with Diablo overlay.
    Won't be even thinking about installing this disgraceful horseshit to whole Diablo universe.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-01-20 at 12:14 PM.

They did try to tone it down. How many times in that year did official blizzard coms to people going as far back as before blizzcon tickets went on sale did blizzard have to say "There is no Diablo 4 going to be shown this year, temper your expectations.".

If I am saying x but "journalists." looking for clicks for months are spamming y. It is not up to me to make y happen. It is not me pushing hype. It is not me setting the fanbase up.

Kotaku, polygon and others were the ones contradicting official blizzard communications. And people that actually believed the journalists because one of them was "totally legit guy" are themselves to blame.

And who gives a shit if it is mobile or not. The phone in your hand is just as valid a gaming device as the pc or console. Gatekeepers should be belittled and mocked openly. Diablo is a blizzard franchise. Blizzcon is about blizzard franchise games. The Eastern market is on earth and watch blizzcon. So it was logically the best place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And who gives a shit if it is mobile or not. The phone in your hand is just as valid a gaming device as the pc or console. Gatekeepers should be belittled and mocked openly. Diablo is a blizzard franchise. Blizzcon is about blizzard franchise games. The Eastern market is on earth and watch blizzcon. So it was logically the best place.
    Mobile gaming being shit isn't a hardware issue. Phones are plenty powerful to run games and even on screen controls can be dealt with.

Mobile gaming is shit because of the monetization is predatory pay to win gachabullshit. If you don't fork out tons of money, you can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Give me a break lmao. This is a perfect example of a Karen-attitude imo. Blizzcon was a day 3 event, absolutely full of new and cool things, but yea the one segment about Diablo immortal of course just ruined your entire weekend right?
    Especially since Blizzard gave a PSA that there would be no D4 announcement like weeks before. These people knew there was no major D4 announcement and just wanted to be faux outraged. Quite frankly it was more so the people not there raging, but regardless. They all acted worse than toddlers being told no.

Come again.
    Did I miss the memo that mentions Nickelback isn't a rock band?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Hes just mad the Nuckleback is huge and he doesn't like them. Probably one if thi6se that can't accept D3s success because he thinks D2 is better.

I don't care if they ever release this since the controls are guaranteed to be hot garbage, but I would be fine if they scrapped it all together and just moved all the resources over to D4 and let China have their phone game.

You dense motherfuckers don't realize that people bought tickets to rock concert, very reasonably expecting rock bands like AC\DC, Metallica or w/e and fucking got Nickelback. Yea, it's not that fanbase went full Karen, it's that Blizzard and you went full Skinner.
    People bought tickets to BlizzCon and what they got was BlizzCon.

It's most likely already done

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't understand the rush they had to announce Immortal on 2018. The game still isn't out.

If they had announced both D4 and Immortal in Blizzcon 2019, the reception would have been overwhelmingly positive to both games.
    lol no. Diablo doesnt belong on mobiles. No one wants it. We hope its never even released.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    lol no. Diablo doesnt belong on mobiles. No one wants it. We hope its never even released.
    Lol, i'll take the bait.

Diablo belongs on whatever they decide it belong. You can simply not play it. Also, it's going to be released and you cannot do anything about it, no matter how much you dislike that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm sure the game is gonna make bank... so I highly doubt "no one wants it".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Hes just mad the Nuckleback is huge and he doesn't like them. Probably one if thi6se that can't accept D3s success because he thinks D2 is better.
    Holy projection batman, and how screwed you are. I'm glad you could went. But to improve your life - people who think X is crap, they really don't care about how well or bad is X doing, also doesn't care about X: The Good Parts, and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea people said same thing about consoles, and D3 on consoles was so much superior to PC version, ouch. Couch co-op? Loot 2.0? Rip PC users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yea, big time, hello?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_3TU-hFjg

Literally same situation: heavy metal festival, they invite Nickelback. Expected outcome. Now do you see how good my example is? With blizzcon and... mobile game?

Are you all so far up your asses, far away from reality, that you can't see such things from miles away?? What the fuck?