Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a 217 brwm monk, I'm so happy they nerfed thorgast. I could do all layers on release with ease, but the nerfs halfes the time it took too clear layer 6 and higher.

Making them hard again would not mean only good players could beat them, it would mean only certain classes could solo them, and it would take even longer.

If you want too grow your e-peen do like the rest of us and grind out that Rio, bet you haven't even done all +15s yet.
    Last edited by Baapp; 2021-01-20 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    i disagree, especially with something as important as materials for your legendary at the end of it.

working through the mask system in visions was the same working up the ladder it was fun up untill you completed it 5 mask 5 chest then it was easy then it was a grind.
    you have the right to disagree, however that is your personal subjective opinion, not "fact" that is true for all players, and given how harder content have far less participation i would think majority disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    They literally had a system that could please 99% of players. But the bottom of the dumpster straight trash players "need to do layer 8" for some reason.
    Spending an hour+ in a Torghast run only to find out it was for nothing because you didn't get quite the RNG needed to kill the last boss is the reason it was nerfed. One could argue that "playing better" could have fixed the issue but there were too many factors and too many class/spec combinations to properly balance it to a point where it'd be fairly difficult. The Torghast nerf was a lazy fix but I think the bigger issue is that Blizzard moved Torghast into a 6 floor meta which significantly reduced the amount of powers available to the average player (and therefore increased the relative difficulty of the last boss).

I mean op is right... the scum of this game that thinks wq are too hard needs everything brought to their level instead of just not doing for example layers 4+ if it's "too hard".
    while tryhards think anything below M+10 or HC raid is pointless and only they as "hardcore" players should be catered to even though they are in minority...
    almost like everybody only wants whats best for him and doesnt give a fuck about others...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. The obnoxious amount of people who think WoW should exist only for them is maddening.
    Ah the sweet sweet irony in this post. Blizzard had a system that basically catered to *most* of the playerbase skill level and gear level. (With exceptions on the top end where layer 8 was still easy and bottom where layer 1 was too hard. I'm talking elites vs subhumans).

Then they completely gutted it. Op is asking for content for everyone and you are calling him obnoxious? Casuals ruin this game, they don't need to do everything. There should be levels... like there was... now anyone with 1/2 a brain can fumble through layer 8.

The majority of players are bored already right? or at least getting close to it.

Taughast or choreghast as its already known had the potential to be something engaging, all they had to do was make it increase in difficulty so it was actually engaging for all levels of player, i mean there is 8 layers right? testing and difficult at the higher levels (like it was before nerf), the soul ash is less of a reward as you go up so its almost like blizzard did want to do this, but.....they bottled it.

Cue the entitled casual:

entitled casual: "i want to be able to do that content too, just because i work should not effect MY game"
    blizzard: "here you go we will lower the skill level requirement just to suit you, the people who have already completed it wont mind it being so easy its boring"
    entitled casual:"thanks alot i did it, now what? theres nothing to do"
    blizzard:............................

its actually laughable.
    these posts are old. uninstall if you arent having fun, but literally not a single person i know shares your opinion. call us fanboys till your blue in the face, dont care because we're having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What's laughable is the amount of forum randoms who think that they have their finger on the pulse of literally millions of people. Just because a thought passes through your head, doesn't mean its passing through everyone else's.
    It feels like their account was made just to make topics like this to get a rise out of people. Literally just closed another thread this dude made complaining about "casual" shit but in like 100000 more words, comparing it to the mythical "old days".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    It feels like their account was made just to make topics like this to get a rise out of people. Literally just closed another thread this dude made complaining about "casual" shit but in like 100000 more words, comparing it to the mythical "old days".
    i always wonder when those "old days" when wow wasnt for casuals happened, i started in march 2005, and havent lived it, and even blizz sold wow since the very beginning as CASUAL mmorpg...
    i wonder if those people havent played before and just THINK it was ever hard or are just blinded by nostalgia

- - - Updated - - -

Ah the sweet sweet irony in this post. Blizzard had a system that basically catered to *most* of the playerbase skill level and gear level. (With exceptions on the top end where layer 8 was still easy and bottom where layer 1 was too hard. I'm talking elites vs subhumans).

Then they completely gutted it. Op is asking for content for everyone and you are calling him obnoxious? Casuals ruin this game, they don't need to do everything. There should be levels... like there was... now anyone with 1/2 a brain can fumble through layer 8.
    if you count TC in torgast still does cater to more "hardcore" population too...
    so does M+, raids, PVP - all of the actualy important endgame content goes from very bottom to peak of difficulty...

which part should be more accomodating to hardcore people? world quests?

The issue with Torghast in particular is that due to class/spec mechanics and imbalances in anima powers, the same layer can be really easy for one class, and nigh-impossible for the other, that's the design problem at the root of all this, when Blizz nerf Torghast to make it doable for one class that's struggling, it becomes laughably easy for the class that had it easy already.

Also, the old "Players want one thing, then another, so hypocritical lol"-argument is bogus as well, there are millions of players, of course they have differing opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    while tryhards think anything below M+10 or HC raid is pointless and only they as "hardcore" players should be catered to even though they are in minority...
    almost like everybody only wants whats best for him and doesnt give a fuck about others...
    How are you people so fucking blind.

Blizzard had a system.

A system that let players of many different skill/playstyles have a level or "layer" as it were to be able to complete.

They then tapered off the rewards so the lower your skill capped out at the higher the rewards you got.

They then gutted it and tuned it for the bottom 10% of players cuz "i want soul ash" while they run around pet battling and not doing anything with said soul ash.

Torghast is now press w the video game until you hit last boss. Post nerf is just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    The hell are you on about. You posted nothing as evidence to prove or reasonably argue in good faith the community is ruining the game.
    Evidence? This is 2021 you don't need evidence, outrage is quite enough

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    these posts are old. uninstall if you arent having fun, but literally not a single person i know shares your opinion. call us fanboys till your blue in the face, dont care because we're having a blast.
    Good for you! then why comment if your having a blast? why are you here instead of in game? 6 weeks into a new expansion you choose to come here over the game your having such a blast in! think your telling fibs.

i always wonder when those "old days" when wow wasnt for casuals happened, i started in march 2005, and havent lived it, and even blizz sold wow since the very beginning as CASUAL mmorpg...
    i wonder if those people havent played before and just THINK it was ever hard or are just blinded by nostalgia
    Yep! It was only "hard" because people had no idea wtf they were doing, and even then, if I had trouble with anything, I'd just go to Thottbot and look in the comments to see if other people had the same issues or go to the forums, because what I was missing was information on shit. Then they started making mods like xpearl or whatever that shit was called and a bunch of other shit that added a fuckton of the current UI features, most of which are just included in the client now. Anyway, the main advantage of the mods and websites was the information they provided. Once you had that, everything was stupid easy. There was rarely a time where I felt "i'm not skilled enough to beat this" outside of PVP.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Torghast is now press w the video game until you hit last boss. Post nerf is just a joke.
    have you completed layer 8 of TC? bcs most people didnt, as it is quite higher difficulty...
    i guess you dont count TC in torgast bcs that immediately make your point moot...

forums and comments, seeing a ton of people saying there is nothing to do and they are unsubbing at a rate never seen before in the 6th week of an expansion.
    Do you understand that LIKE YOU people make threads to complain about aspects they don't like about the game but the people LIKE ME that are enjoying the game rarely open threads and therefore there's a extreme bias in the perspective of the game here on the forums so making any kind of conclusion out of the forums absurd?

No you don't.

Good for you! then why comment if your having a blast? why are you here instead of in game? 6 weeks into a new expansion you choose to come here over the game your having such a blast in! think your telling fibs.
    or he is at work where he can go to internet but not play... or he doesnt nolife the game, you know, its possible to do things in moderate amounts not just 24/7 or not at all...

How are you people so fucking blind.

Blizzard had a system.

A system that let players of many different skill/playstyles have a level or "layer" as it were to be able to complete.

They then tapered off the rewards so the lower your skill capped out at the higher the rewards you got.

They then gutted it and tuned it for the bottom 10% of players cuz "i want soul ash" while they run around pet battling and not doing anything with said soul ash.

FINALLY someone that gets it. even though you wrote exactly what i wrote, they still wont get it.

they could of easily balanced it so it was engaging for the ENTIRE community, instead they nerfed it so now its just a grind for the entire community.

have you completed layer 8 of TC? bcs most people didnt, as it is quite higher difficulty...
    i guess you dont count TC in torgast bcs that immediately make your point moot...
    Yes i have the mount and i am talking about tc. Its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    The hell are you on about. You posted nothing as evidence to prove or reasonably argue in good faith the community is ruining the game.
    I mean, look at literally any forum and you'll see several casuals complaining about having nothing to do lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Yes i have the mount and i am talking about tc. Its a joke.
    good for you, i have it too, but VAST MAJORITY of people still dont have it, on the account of TC (which btw wasnt nerfed, just normal torgast was, kinda make the very premise bullshit) being difficult...
    actualy according to WOWhead only 3% have the achi for 8th layer, if we say acros people not on wowhead its more, and lets be generous make it 10% worldwide, its still 90% of people not having it...

so for you its a joke, for me it was little tricky, for vast majority of people its still not doable...
    seems like the difficulty scale IS in fact there, you just dont see it through your massive ego

btw if its such a joke make a new alt and try to clear it while you are not massively overgeared, might find out you are actualy wrong about the difficulty...

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY someone that gets it. even though you wrote exactly what i wrote, they still wont get it.
    oh we totaly do get it, we just pointed out its bullshit based on nothing but anecdotal experience and subjective opinion