Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean what else to do when you are hitting a dummy but to watch auto-shots or swing timers? Oh look, boss is casting 8 second oneshot spell. So little time to prepare for it!
    I mean the way you emphasize TD, which was only in for one patch in BfA btw and how you have no clue about what actually was good in M+ tells me all about how "good" you were and how ez it is. I guess highest you did was 15 while overgearing it?
    You really don't radiate knowledge about the WoW and probably just read about min-maxing of the stuff back in the day on some forum rather than actually used the mechanics.
    Huh? im the one that doesnt radiate knowledge but you comment about an 8 sec oneshot spell as if it has anything to do with the price of chips?

Ofc, unrelevent comment followed up by an insult and a presumption, im not sure how much of my post you actually read (im guessing you just chose the parts you didnt like and instantly replied) but if you actually read my post it is not presumptions its facts, to which you have replied talking about the price of chips, thrown a presumption and an insult. classic.

The funny thing is its clear you didnt play in them times because you have absolutely no clue that my post holds weight. if you did play those times you would know and wouldnt be here talking about your imaginary 8 second interupt that has no relevence to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Link your Armory. I'm having severe doubts that you played BC/Wotlk. BC - farm easy heroics for badges, WOTLK - You could have ret paladins tank your heroics for badges.

Games been easy for a long time - you just don't realise you've got better and the information has got better.
    Im comparing how blizzard has gradually progressed into nothing of weight content.

I mean look at bfas side content visions, you would work 2 mask 3 mask 4 mask 5 mask, 5 mask 2 chest, 5mask 3 chest 5mask 4 chest 5 mask 5 chest progressively over (im guessing) 2 months you would engage in the content excited, even nervous for the next level. gradually week on week progressing.

sl: layer 8 taughast free for EVERYONE on the first week its released instantly making the content null and void.

Thats just from 1 expansion to the next, not from expansion 2-9, again, not saying bfa was hard, comparing the 2 and seeing all blizzard are doing are simplifying and dumbing down everything and its gotten to the point now where the game just feels like a complete and utter waste of time.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 09:06 AM.

TBC was great but it had but one difficulty setting. Current wow has several, starting from braindead easy to very very challenging.

If you want difficulty, play mythic raiding, high rated arenas or high m+ keys. Either of those 3 are far far more difficult than anything back in tbc.
    The floor may be more accessible in current wow, but the ceiling is higher too!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Do PVP and ignore PVE basically.
    Or just do +10 for weekly chest.
    You need to do +14 for the best chest stuff.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    The funny thing is its clear you didnt play in them times because you have absolutely no clue that my post holds weight. if you did play those times you would know and wouldnt be here talking about your imaginary 8 second interupt that has no relevence to anything.
    Oh I did play it. I was decked in free pvp gear and free pve gear with absolutely wrong stats for me. Because it was that easy to get stuff.
    I was replying to a guy who made stupid claims about BfA M+ Gods while pretending old days took somewhat godly amount of knowledge to be good at something while in reality someone could go into ZA with shadow pvp gear and some healing offpieces (IDK why) and dps+offheal the bosses and clear the damn raid while being not even near hitcap.

Mostly what I noticed about the OP is he'll "here's all the complicated stuff players used to have to do back then" and then compares it to "hurr durr BFA lol". His bias is so obvious.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    TBC was great but it had but one difficulty setting. Current wow has several, starting from braindead easy to very very challenging.

If you want difficulty, play mythic raiding, high rated arenas or high m+ keys. Either of those 3 are far far more difficult than anything back in tbc.
    The floor may be more accessible in current wow, but the ceiling is higher too!
    Mythic raiding is a bit too easy for me mate, i know that sounds arrogent but imagine what you do in a mythic raid if it was solo, would it really be that difficult?if it was solo and dependant solo on you not failing? every mythic raider would be 12/12 , the difficulty comes with the co-ordination, which really doesnt peak my interest in waiting for the stars to allign and everyone in the raid to not fail collectively.

In terms of pvp i am far behind seasoned pvpers in the sense that i didnt actually pvp untill bfa where farming echoes was quickest in arenas, even then i didnt use addons.

I gave addons a go this expac and watched a ton of videos, definately improved but one thing i noticed as i was improving was that the majority of the player base are oblivious to most of the things going on, if you ask yourself why that is, check the gearing system.

All of those pvers collectively learning pvp at the same time in there thousands (me included) results in an endless crapshow of 50/50 win rate as they all cancel each other out and nobody moves anywhere unless your actually good at pvp before this expac.

im at a complete loss with the game, looking at guild wars 2 which looks like it has gear / build variation that i have missed from wow since cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Mostly what I noticed about the OP is he'll "here's all the complicated stuff players used to have to do back then" and then compares it to "hurr durr BFA lol". His bias is so obvious.
    its just an example mate, i know its an extreme example but i had to make it extreme because there are legitimately people that actually believe the game has more depth now than it did back then.

I mean there was one guy that argued soulbind choices are as deep as haste breakpoints for druid were combined with spirt, i mean you pick.....3 talents which are pretty much self explanatory for what you want to do in most cases aside from maybe 1 maximum 2 choices, as opposed to not having nothing to pick you have your full setup is at your own control. not to mention soulbinds are SEPERATE to your actual equipped gear.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 11:30 AM.

Mythic raiding is a bit too easy for me mate
    You seem to have some extremely rose tinted specs for how hard TBC was (just like many people did for Classic and then the majority of the raids got cleared when they opened within an hour). If Mythic raiding is too easy for you (not sure I actually believe you here) then maybe WoW isn't for you?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you feel carried and boosted you could just pick up a thing or two about what you're doing so you feel you earn the stuff you get instead of feeling it's free. You still put time and effort into the game, what you get from it isn't free or handed to you upon login by any stretch of imagination.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

You again odamienskii? You really have a problem if you HAVE to post blogs here. Also, if you want to post on alt try to change up your writing style a bit so it isn't so obvious.

i find it odd that someone that played a warrior and used agility swords can then say that the game was dumbed down too much. even in vanilla it was pretty clear what stats you wanted to go for.

by the time you could afford to buy/equip avools sword of jin - you said dagger but the boe is a sword, you should have known what basic stats did and what you wanted as a warrior, especially if you were putting in effort like you said. it was level 80, and from wrath. im sorry, but either youre full of it to try to make this thread appear to be more in your favor, or you didnt try even slightly.

by wrath there was plenty of information for the game. i can only assume you just enjoy posting blogs on this website, especially if you think the game has been dumbed down since wotlk of all times.

what's up with these tryhard threads lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Do PVP and ignore PVE basically.
    Or just do +10 for weekly chest.
    So that basically means it isn't free...

@op, you're essentially comparing two different games. Wow has evolved into something that cater to a large audience, rather than a small niche.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

as wow is a game spanning multiple generations the older generation plays the role of Statler and Waldorf in this scenario. Monty Pythons "Four Yorkshiremen" showcase this effect beautifully how young people don't properly appreciate what their elders had to go through. Hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE

OMG, another complain post by dadoodoo.
    Game changed since tbc, accept it or quit.
    And btw. there was no skill needed für a tick more or less on rejuv. -> a calculator or addon was all you needed.
    There is no depth in it.
    ok for some math is more depth then they can take

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how haste caps are depth. I would recommend however that you stop wearing your rosetinted glasses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

He could just go play classic. Why bother complaining about something that has been fixed?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I think that everything being so free would not be a great thing. If everything get free, people will not get to understand the important, the value, the worthiness of things and achievements. Also, I think everything will become boring. People will get more lazy if everything will be available for free. It is not a good idea according to my opinion. there would be no excitement, no race, no enthusiasm.

OPs understanding of depth is ok so I need 264 hit rating so that my complex rotation of using one ability does not miss = profit.
    Also need to do those two mechanics which boss has.
    It was great back then, but holy crap don't shit on current because of complexity and compare it to the past because it clearly shows that OP is biased and has double standards on what is complex and what is not. Apparently have X amount of haste is complex. What else? Putting on a talent which adds 1% of spell dmg is deep level character customization?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    OPs understanding of depth is ok so I need 264 hit rating so that my complex rotation of using one ability does not miss = profit.
    Also need to do those two mechanics which boss has.
    It was great back then, but holy crap don't shit on current because of complexity and compare it to the past because it clearly shows that OP is biased and has double standards on what is complex and what is not. Apparently have X amount of haste is complex. What else? Putting on a talent which adds 1% of spell dmg is deep level character customization?
    Let's be honest, Wow has never been complex as a game. Coordinating groups of idiots to follow basic assignments, can be complex.

Oh look, it's the same troll again, but on another account now
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.