Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

28 bosses down and got 2 items which are useless...

As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !

Gearing in general is garbage this expansion outside of pvp.

Your example with trinkets is a funny one. It's certainly possible that the pvp trinkets may be BiS for some specs, but far from all of them, and one of the more hotly debated topics is the use of PvE trinkets for pvp wombo-comboing.

If anything, the fact that a lot of specs can only get their BiS trinket above 210 ilvl from the vault should probably be a bigger concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Your example with trinkets is a funny one. It's certainly possible that the pvp trinkets may be BiS for some specs, but far from all of them, and one of the more hotly debated topics is the use of PvE trinkets for pvp wombo-comboing.

If anything, the fact that a lot of specs can only get their BiS trinket above 210 ilvl from the vault should probably be a bigger concern.
    That was basically always the case for mythic+ Unless you wanted to grind 1000 times for a good titanforged version of it which most people seemed to hate.

In Legion the end of dungeon loot capped at 5 item levels below heroic, then it was pray to RNJesus it drops AND has a good titanforge.

Mythic+ gearing is in a weird place where it is the easier and most accessible source of 226 gear but has the largest amount of RNG and no way to catchup.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-01-20 at 06:15 PM.

honestly i'm to the point of not wanting to play. last expac was i really only got gear a couple times a week because of titanforging (at best) and now i'm at getting gear basically once a week. the nerfed loot drops way too much. nothing is rewarding so i've already resorted to doing old content for mounts i don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    Even if the stats aren’t your BIS stats, if it’s an iLvl upgrade, or has a socket, it’s likely better than what you have. And I doubt you’ve gotten only two items out of 28 kills, and even if you had, you still get to pick from the great vault.

Even if it was worse case scenario on all those things, it’s not Blizzards fault you have bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there is no scenario where you’d be hindered by this. Anyone who’s pushing the hardest content would be able to make due with what they have.

And if that’s not you then you’re a casual and it’s not like you really need the gear for anything.

That is insanely bad luck, and it sucks. I ran Mythic 0s for the first 2 weeks, and out of 16 dungeon runs, I only had 3 pieces drop. It was fucking awful. Meanwhile, the rest of my group, who was static for both weeks, received anywhere from 12-20 pieces of loot, each. It has become a meme now when we run M+ or raid, about how I never get any loot.

I'm 100% behind Blizzard fixing this stupid fuck personal loot bullshit. I'm perfectly okay with them creating a system that is masterloot only for guilds, and leaving personal loot for guilds.

But, and this in my own personal theory. I 100% think Blizzard wants personal loot for one reason, and one reason only. Paid runs / Boosts. This generates INSANE amounts of token purchases and RMT. If it is on Masterloot, that means those boosters can only use "fresh" toons to run boosts, they won't be able to use the characters geared to the teeth to run bosses over and over and over. By keeping loot personal, they're driving up sales of tokens through the fucking roof, which is why they went from 10-15kg per token to 110k now? I think in BFA they were 175k per token at one point.

With that making them so much money, it will never go back. And that really sucks that our sub money isn't enough to sustain the game, they have to break it for the boosters. All while giving the "appearance", that they hate boosters by banning a few here and there. Total fucking trickery.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're awful at badluck-protection, your idea of bringing back reforging is solid, if for whatever reason they won't make loot drop again the way it used to... Stuff can come with sockets now instead but it has the same problems with it that titanforging did + with loot being harder to come by many don't even consider or count it as a possibility.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

You have a 15% chance to get gear from a boss. You killed 28 bosses and got 2 pieces of loot. The probability of this happening is 0.1243, or in other words, you had a 12.34% of killing 28 bosses and only getting 2 drops. You just had bad luck.

As for the stats. Were they items with main stat on them? Were they higher ilvl? Cause if both of those are true, they are upgrades regardless of the secondary stats. If you're gonna nitpick here, I'd question your claim of best items coming from pvp. Since all pvp gear has versatility on it which im going to guess is not a good stat for you. If you really mean the trinkets, then just go buy them? You have easy access to this gear and you're complaining?

Were you doing these heroic bosses with a guild? If so, your team still got upgrades even if you didn't. If you're still thinking more selfish than that, just remember that soon they will start trading you the items they no longer need. If you arent in a guild, id recommend joining one if raid gear is your focus.

Loot is slower for everyone

28 bosses, 3 weeks, 2 items, and 0 stat upgrades even though they were ilvl upgrades... something doesn't add up here. Oh, right, they didn't include the 3 drops from the Vault and they probably don't understand how stat upgrades work in the modern game. Oh well, pretty typical loot thread for MMO-Champion, this expansion.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    First few weeks I also got legit no loot from raids period, to the point it was a meme. I think At some point I had about 40 bosses downed combined HC and Mythic and one mythic sidegrade + 1 HC item to show for it. While guildie mage with about same count had 5 mythic raid items ezpz because RNG.

Then I just said fuck it and did 1800 RBG with a guild and suddenly bunch of 220 ilvl items ezpz to plug my worst slots. Since then I finally started getting loot from raids, thankfully, because it was really depressing at that point.

So yeah, bottom line PvE gearing blows balls at this point. Vault is good and if not vault I'd be fucked, but raiding feels giga unrewarding and RNG as fuck now - I hope Blizzard will address it down the road. The minimum they should get coins back, so at least you can have some BLP in raids, instead of relying on pure RNG without any memory of recent FUs.

another thread about this? isn't there a main thread already discussing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    First few weeks I also got legit no loot from raids period, to the point it was a meme. I think At some point I had about 40 bosses downed combined HC and Mythic and one mythic sidegrade + 1 HC item to show for it. While guildie mage with about same count had 5 mythic raid items ezpz because RNG.

Then I just said fuck it and did 1800 RBG with a guild and suddenly bunch of 220 ilvl items ezpz to plug my worst slots. Since then I finally started getting loot from raids, thankfully, because it was really depressing at that point.

So yeah, bottom line PvE gearing blows balls at this point. Vault is good and if not vault I'd be fucked, but raiding feels giga unrewarding and RNG as fuck now - I hope Blizzard will address it down the road. The minimum they should get coins back, so at least you can have some BLP in raids, instead of relying on pure RNG without any memory of recent FUs.
    currently my vault is bals, i am 5 items away form full hc geared got 207 neck shoulders and ring, 203 chest and 200 weap which almost make the raiding side of the vault useless as im only 8/10 hc.

as for m+ im lucky if i can get a 12 done each week which nets me a 217 item in the 1st slot and prolly a 210 in the 2nd once ive done my own key 4-5 times which makes that side almost useless also.

as for pvp i dont do it as im not good enough to make it worth while, i cant get my own key high enough to get the rewards i want and i cant get into pug 12-13s wiht 800 score so ye, im screwed atm.

im also not getting the items i need from the raid either

3+ Year Old Account
    So there I was...in the Silithus desert...hundreds of miles from civilization...
    Been clearing normal and about half of heroic for the past couple of weeks, pretty casually. I've gotten 3 items: a vers/mastery ring that I couldn't trade (highest ilvl), some boots that weren't an upgrade (gave to a guildie) and a belt (which is my lego slot). I'm a tank, and thus I've been forced to rely heavily on farming M+ for upgrades.

Loot drops in raids have been abysmal, to the point where I've had newcomers to the game ask if loot has always been this scarce. Clearly they didn't play last xpac, lol.

I feel your pain, OP. Stick with it and eventually you'll (theoretically) get everything that you want...but who knows how long that may take? You honestly don't sound like you have the patience to hold out that long (that wasn't meant as an insult).

Also, people need to stop feeding into Blizzard's bad design when it comes to obtaining PvE-BiS items through PvP. Yes, I know it's there and it's available, and is BiS. But by buying into that system you're literally enabling Blizzard to continue this terrible design structure. A player should never feel compelled to PvP in order to supplement PvE performance (I haven't actively PvPed in years). If everyone outright refused those trinkets, Blizzard would realize that something needs to change. But few of you will, because it's BiS, and so the cycle continues.

TL;DR: You're certainly not the only one who finds the current system awkward and "strange", OP. But without being in a position of power at Blizzard, what can one do?

I had 3 drops from Raid last night alone.... traded all of them.
    I’ve also killed the World boss 3x per week, every week, without a single drop.

I don’t mind the Great vault to add some guaranteed drops each week, but the rewards are way out of balance (IMO).
    I try to push +14-15 keys each week with guildies, but if I don’t, all I need is 4 +10’s (who cares if they fail) to get 2x 220 options in the vault negating my 3 Heroic CN options at a mere 213.
    Again, Heroic Raiders are getting their loot from M+

As for PVP, why are the vault options for Rated only? I don’t really do PVP but it seems an odd decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Even if the stats aren’t your BIS stats, if it’s an iLvl upgrade, or has a socket, it’s likely better than what you have. And I doubt you’ve gotten only two items out of 28 kills, and even if you had, you still get to pick from the great vault.
    Picks from th e great vault which are useless. I have 163 trinket because it far outweighs other trinkets below certain ilvl.

It's tried to give me the same trinket for the past 4 weeks that I already have, instead of attacking people why not actually argue why their position is bad, if you are capable of doing so

Even if it was worse case scenario on all those things, it’s not Blizzards fault you have bad luck..
    I mean it is, when you have a system that's designed around rng, then it's the fault of that system and its design when people are "unlucky"

6/10M two weeks in a row, no loot either week But at least I've bought a lottery ticket for the weekly vault. WoOoOoO.

I legit just made this account to reply to all of you. The loot system is trash. It is ABSOLUTELY Blizzards fault because it's a system blizzard implemented...I've managed to complete maybe ten M+ dungeons. My warrior is 209 iL and literally no one wants to take me, and check this out. The ONLY loot I have received from M+ was out of the Great Vault. Blizzard can eat shit with their pay2win system that they've implemented with WoW Tokens. The only benefit to the WoW Token that I see, is being able to earn the gold while playing to not only pay for the subscription, but the expansion, and any DLCs blizzard creates. Fuck giving Blizzard money.

But you got something from the great vault just for downing 3 bosses. You should not forget that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KK4D7 View Post
    I legit just made this account to reply to all of you. The loot system is trash. It is ABSOLUTELY Blizzards fault because it's a system blizzard implemented...I've managed to complete maybe ten M+ dungeons. My warrior is 209 iL and literally no one wants to take me, and check this out. The ONLY loot I have received from M+ was out of the Great Vault. Blizzard can eat shit with their pay2win system that they've implemented with WoW Tokens. The only benefit to the WoW Token that I see, is being able to earn the gold while playing to not only pay for the subscription, but the expansion, and any DLCs blizzard creates. Fuck giving Blizzard money.
    Why did you bother to create an account just to spew bullshit? There's no Pay to Win system in place here.

Really, if you all want to play a lootdrop simulator then play Diablo or PoE.

Ok because the combination of gold boost and WoW tokens doesnt create a gate keeping pay2win environment. End it buddy.

(edit: did i forget to mention iO)