Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But you got something from the great vault just for downing 3 bosses. You should not forget that.
    Which is not good design. M+ & to a lesser extent raiding are just buying lottery tickets for weekly vault RNG, & with so much of gearing reliant on the vault, it feels extra, extra shit if you don't get anything.

I havent been bothered by gearing up until I hit ilvl 200 and realized i would have to replace all of my gear with higher level keys, pvp gear or strictly heroic raiding im 4/10H and 10/10N and i dont have a dedicated myth+ group atm.

I have ran two full raids, did my 3 keys last week (+7 was my highest with pugs actually doing mechanics), and now again this week my Vault gives me like three pairs of legs and boots i dont need. The only helm upgrade I can get is from Denathrius, among many other targeted upgrades as well that at this point....will they drop? Ever? This endless silence from blizz and "its ok" attitude every single week is getting annoying but hey "Theyre Listening!" anytime that you interview them.

Tons of classes are in a terrible spot atm (Both PVE and PVP even though I dislike it greatly) and I shouldn't be forced to PVP to gear, I hate PVP. But sure enough, this week, an ele shaman comes in and destroys the meters in...... you guessed it...Complete PVP gear. with a super sick 3/10N cleared and NOW 1/10H thanks to my group =] It's been 2 months now since release, and pretty much nothing has changed outside of small % buffs to come to classes and lazy hotfixes.

I just don't understand their direction atm, this is like, Cyberpunk 2077 levels of screwed up balancing.
    Last edited by Dizzyswiftz; 2021-01-20 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Which is not good design. M+ & to a lesser extent raiding are just buying lottery tickets for weekly vault RNG, & with so much of gearing reliant on the vault, it feels extra, extra shit if you don't get anything.
    Sadly you have a better chance at getting something beneficial to you from the upcoming Powerball or Mega Millions lottery drawings, and then(if you win) you can pay for all the boost necessary to get your BiS, but be warned you might spend all your lottery earnings on WoW tokens.
    Last edited by KK4D7; 2021-01-20 at 09:47 PM.

Im very glad that life has me too busy to invest much time in WoW anymore - im playing very casually and really enjoying that playstyle. Not sure what it would be like if i was still aggressively chasing CE and all that, maybe i would hate it?

itemization and especially trinkets are always shit in the first tiers of an expansion

6/10M two weeks in a row, no loot either week But at least I've bought a lottery ticket for the weekly vault. WoOoOoO.
    Thats my point... in previous expansions there was nothing like this, you spend 20-30 hours to kill 12 Mythic bosses and you get 35 anima powers as a reward... GG blizzard, really GG...

I'm sorry but isn't part of the "rewarding" in the game just the experience. Being able to do said dungeon/raid, to interact with people that possibly have become your friends in the game and in life? Gear isn't the only reward or point of the game?!?!

It was cute this week for me, I got a 207 ring out of the vault and I was like yeeees! replacing this 184. But it gave me a copy of the ring I already had that was 203.
    Nice.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KK4D7 View Post
    Ok because the combination of gold boost and WoW tokens doesnt create a gate keeping pay2win environment. End it buddy.

(edit: did i forget to mention iO)
    You're not wrong, I've just about had it with the game, it's clear reducing loot drops only benefits blizz' bottom line one way or the other.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, for the first time in the last month we've been doing Heroic CN. I got my first piece and it was the neck off of Huntsman. I had got that neck a couple week back from the Vault. The Great Vault has been the saving grace for me.

Gearing is fucked. All we can do is wait for 9.0.5 or 9.1 where they try to fix it and make it worse somehow. And then we can wait for 9.2 where loot will finally be fixed.

This expansion has made me unsub quicker than any one before it. Oh well, guess Blizzard just can't make a good change without making an ass change. If that's how they wanna treat their customers, I am gonna go be a customer to a live service game that respects my time a bit more, like FF XIV.

6/10M two weeks in a row, no loot either week But at least I've bought a lottery ticket for the weekly vault. WoOoOoO.
    Sounds like your guild got 36 226 from the raid, making everyone stronger for more progression. Also increases trading opportunities for next week.

Prior to SL you just wouldn’t have gotten anything, not even a “lottery ticket”

When talking about raids the vault offers more control than just doing the raid gives you.
    M+ could see some improvements, like giving you a higher chance of loot from a specific dungeon depending on how much you ran that dungeon.

But running raids or m+ has always been "buying lottery tickets" as you put it, even when the great vault did not exist.

This is a lie.

Blizzard has a bad luck protection system so you will receive 1 piece of loot every 5 bosses, if you killed 28 bosses you would have received at least 5 items however you likely completely forgot about the useless items that you vendored/traded/still have stored in your bag, you only remember the 2 upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Sounds like your guild got 36 226 from the raid, making everyone stronger for more progression. Also increases trading opportunities for next week.

Prior to SL you just wouldn’t have gotten anything, not even a “lottery ticket”
    Sorry not sure I understand what you're saying there. People got more loot from bosses before SL. And you got TWO items each week from the PvE and PvP chest.

How was that "not getting anything, not even a lottery ticket" before SL?

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    This is a lie.

Blizzard has a bad luck protection system so you will receive 1 piece of loot every 5 bosses, if you killed 28 bosses you would have received at least 5 items however you likely completely forgot about the useless items that you vendored/traded/still have stored in your bag, you only remember the 2 upgrades.
    Do you have a source for that claim? I've definitely killed 6+ bosses in a row without loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I had 3 drops from Raid last night alone.... traded all of them.
    I’ve also killed the World boss 3x per week, every week, without a single drop.

I don’t mind the Great vault to add some guaranteed drops each week, but the rewards are way out of balance (IMO).
    I try to push +14-15 keys each week with guildies, but if I don’t, all I need is 4 +10’s (who cares if they fail) to get 2x 220 options in the vault negating my 3 Heroic CN options at a mere 213.
    Again, Heroic Raiders are getting their loot from M+

As for PVP, why are the vault options for Rated only? I don’t really do PVP but it seems an odd decision.
    I actually agree with that the vault should just be honor in general making a new alt try to grind honor from rated pvp to get vault gear is kind of brutal especially for just ilvl 200 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    How Blizzard logic should be: "Hmmm... People seem to really like the PvP gearing system... and they don't seem to like too much RNG... let's make the raid and m+ gearing more like the PvP gearing!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But you got something from the great vault just for downing 3 bosses. You should not forget that.
    You get nothing, 213 is a joke ilvl. Unless you kill mythic bosses you are getting shit rewards from Vault. Its easier to do high key and get better item.
    And this system is not new so you got 1 piece of gear per week even before.

Gearing in PVE sucks this expansion. Even for +15 you get shit loot and its not that easy to kill. There needs to be a system to upgrade m+ gear same as PvP gear.
    Also PVE players shouldnt be forced to play PVP if they want better loot. they can disable PVE trinkets in PVP and vice versa on top of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man yes those 226 ilvl PvP duelist trinkets that have crit with an on-use primary stat 1 miinute CD, haste with a chance to proc a primary stat increase "about 1.5 per minute", primary stat with an on-use to increase your HP, primary stat with an on-use to remove CC, primary stat with a passive to reduce incoming CC time, and primary stat with a passive that removes CC once per minute all SCREAM "Best In Slot" over something just 5-12 item levels below it (depending on if its the last 2 bosses who drop 220 trinkets on heroic or from one of the others who drop 213 on heroic). For reference that's a whopping 77 primary stat for max rank duelist trinket compared to 69 for the ilvl 213 heroic raid trinkets or 73 for the ilvl 220 heroic raid trinkets off the last 2 bosses. And for the record, NONE of the bosses in CN drop anything other than a primary stat trinket with an on-use or proc on it. No secondary stat as the main stat trinkets drop in CN in any mode. So yes, if 101 crit or 101 haste with a crappy on-use or the other PvP trinkets are better than having primary stats + a proc then yes you are 100% correct that those PvP trinkets would be BIS for you. I'm just curious which classes and specs value crit or haste so much that they would give up their primary stat as the static value on a trinket....

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Picks from th e great vault which are useless. I have 163 trinket because it far outweighs other trinkets below certain ilvl.
    Extremely curious what this "163 trinket" is and what spec you play....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I actually agree with that the vault should just be honor in general making a new alt try to grind honor from rated pvp to get vault gear is kind of brutal especially for just ilvl 200 stuff.
    Couldn't agree with you more on that the PvP row should solely be honor gained in any source instead of only through rated PvP. That's literally the only row I don't have anything on each week because I don't do rated PvP.