Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No one here is saying its bad to have to play the game. The complaint is about HOW MUCH of the games needs to be played to get something. It doesn't need to be trivialised either. Simply doubling the current Anima amounts would go a very long way to making the grind feel better without making everything instant.
    Doubling would mean you can get 14k a week easily. That would provide a lot of cosmetics since we have to wait for souls in order do any further upgrades. As this week would allow a person to have 1 level 3 and 3 level 2 upgrades. It takes two weeks with 15 a week in order to get the next upgrade. That would be 28k anima and leave 18k left over after buying the next level 3 upgrade (10k anima and 22 souls).

Yesterday I gained 1k anima in 50 mins of play and another 500 anima in less then 20 mins. I didn't time what it took for me to do the world boss and the calling elite WQ. That isn't a lot of play or really a grind. Could it be increased? Sure. But it is far from a grind or a problem right now. Most of the complaints are about not having everything right now.

That also ignores how the Renown vendor transmog set also has pieces locked behind renown still. So you wouldn't even be able to use the anima on stuff. There are people that are already capped on anima at 35k. That is a grind. But gaining 1k a day is far from a grind and just requires you to actually play the content. And most people keep saying the same thing over and over. They don't want to do with world quests. But they want the reward as if they did.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am sure next patch we will get more than we can spend

Maybe. If so, I'll unlock a bunch of content and cosmetics then, because I'm sure as hell not grinding anima now.

1000 per week is enough its not a problem

I imagine future patches will increase the amount of anima from many sources
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Doubling would mean you can get 14k a week easily. That would provide a lot of cosmetics since we have to wait for souls in order do any further upgrades. As this week would allow a person to have 1 level 3 and 3 level 2 upgrades. It takes two weeks with 15 a week in order to get the next upgrade. That would be 28k anima and leave 18k left over after buying the next level 3 upgrade (10k anima and 22 souls).

Yesterday I gained 1k anima in 50 mins of play and another 500 anima in less then 20 mins. I didn't time what it took for me to do the world boss and the calling elite WQ. That isn't a lot of play or really a grind. Could it be increased? Sure. But it is far from a grind or a problem right now. Most of the complaints are about not having everything right now.

That also ignores how the Renown vendor transmog set also has pieces locked behind renown still. So you wouldn't even be able to use the anima on stuff. There are people that are already capped on anima at 35k. That is a grind. But gaining 1k a day is far from a grind and just requires you to actually play the content. And most people keep saying the same thing over and over. They don't want to do with world quests. But they want the reward as if they did.
    yes it would be 14k anima. It would also be 7-8 hours of playing. Is that so wrong?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    yes it would be 14k anima. It would also be 7-8 hours of playing. Is that so wrong?
    But why is it bad that you can get 7k right now with 7-8 hours of playing currently?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But why is it bad that you can get 7k right now with 7-8 hours of playing currently?
    *points to the 14 pages currently in this thread*
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh gee wow. Maybe you should read those pages then to answer your own question? Is it bad to have more? No. It just isn't needed.

you get 15 souls in 10 minutes of work right now. in 3 weeks it will be 20 per week.

Sure can't keep up on upgrades by spending 10 minutes per week collecting Anima.
    Irrelevant. You can only get them once a week, while anima can be collected every day, so it's still Souls that are more limited. You can easily get enough anima to use up all available souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    In BFA half the world quests were "kill single target". My Mage enjoyed ending them in the opening burst window. But I honestly only did them with regularity because they took literal seconds per quest. If it took hours/day to accomplish the same task, my time is better served else where.
    And that's your problem. Your expectations are skewed. Rare quests in Legion and BfA were far to rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's bad because people are complaining about it? That's not much to go on. People complain about anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Maybe. If so, I'll unlock a bunch of content and cosmetics then, because I'm sure as hell not grinding anima now.
    Question is, Will we even have an anima dump with the .1 patch.

Previous expansions didn't have any real way to dump their version of "AP" so I don't see that as a major problem. Let it accumulate, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Previous expansions didn't have any real way to dump their version of "AP" so I don't see that as a major problem. Let it accumulate, who cares?
    Thats my point though, if there isnt any new set of items,rewards or new buildings coming in .1 patch then who cares how much of a shit show current drops are..

Well, we're coming up on 2 months into the expansion and I still haven't gone past level 2 on my covenant, so I'm missing out on a ton of content. That content is admittedly optional in terms of player power, but I would like to see it. Just not enough to grind anima. Also there are tons of cosmetics with each one costing thousands of anima which I'll probably never buy unless anima rewards are pretty drastically increased. It's a shame that covenant advancement, the expansion's biggest feature, is gated behind a grueling AP grind.

Again this is still a huge improvement over past expansions because it's all optional, no player power. And it's a fantastic improvement that anima has a hard cap after which you literally don't care about it at all. These are good things. But it could be better.

Yeah imagine getting rewards without having to log in every day to do 1-2 hours worth of dailies for months.

Yes, exactly. If the dailies are fun and have appropriate rewards, people will do them. Taking 10 minutes plus another 10 in travel time for a boring tedious "kill 15 mobs, click on 10 doodads, then kill a miniboss" WQ to get 100 anima when a freaking cloak transmog costs 3000, I mean, screw that right in the earhole.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if anima rewards were quadrupled, maybe I would consider doing that. But on reflection, you know what? Probably not. That would still be two and a half hours of doing shit I really don't enjoy just for a freaking cloak transmog. But at least the rewards wouldn't be straight-up insulting.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-20 at 11:28 PM.

Which is why I won't bother with cosmetics/collectibles until a) Flying and b) Inevitable boosts to Anima gains.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally glad they made the upgrade costs so eye-wateringly prohibitive. Made me stop caring about sanctum upgrades past the first tier.

Finished (and really bloody enjoyed for that matter) the covenant campaign and got a full set of transmog from that.

Still do world quests, but happy not doing them every day.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would you prefer it were gold instead like the garrison and cosmetics and mounts ridiculously low rng drops? I enjoy the predictability in this - a lot of the stuff I recognize I don't need right now and that's okay. It's there to splurge on when I have the surplus/feel like rewarding myself for my efforts in scraping it together. Sure I wish I could be done and have it all by now but then I'd have little reason to login anymore which is the point in all this.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game Devs: There's a great anima drought. As we fight back the forces of the jailer, you restore balance to the Shadowlands and make it not drought.
    Players: wHy SO wiTtlE ANimAs?!