Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would argue workers already have all the rights they need. It is very rare for in demand labor not to have dental, vaction, competitive wages and other bonuses included.

I worker fights for their rights by being valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I would argue workers already have all the rights they need. It is very rare for in demand labor not to have dental, vaction, competitive wages and other bonuses included.
    Yeah, because other people did the legwork of fighting for those things for you. Rofl.

Boomers gonna boomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Uh no. That's a ludicrous sentiment. Why? Because every single worker is valuable. Literally cannot run a business without workers. Doesn't matter if its unskilled or not. No one to work the store = the store doesn't work. It shouldn't be so hard for workers to get rights and to actually have them enforced. Its the same problem we have seen over and over with this pandemic. "essential" workers are basically just to be sacrificed. Their jobs are so important to society for it to function yet society can't make sure they can survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Uh no. That's a ludicrous sentiment. Why? Because every single worker is valuable. Literally cannot run a business without workers. Doesn't matter if its unskilled or not. No one to work the store = the store doesn't work. It shouldn't be so hard for workers to get rights and to actually have them enforced. Its the same problem we have seen over and over with this pandemic. "essential" workers are basically just to be sacrificed. Their jobs are so important to society for it to function yet society can't make sure they can survive.
    well ... each worker has his value thats for sure.

but some are simply worth less then others

this doesnt mean that just because they are worth less then others they should have less rights - or that they shouldnt be protected by laws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Aren't they discussing upping the minimum wage to 15 dollars? Check out how people react to that. That's why your workers don't have rights.
    Imagine being able to live of your wage and not needing a 2nd job just to pay rent and eat.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Imagine being able to live of your wage and not needing a 2nd job just to pay rent and eat.
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to be really against that. I can't even imagine working two jobs. I mean, when? I work 8.30 to 17.00, need to get home, eat, sleep, I'd have 1-2 hours to spare for that second job.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Living wage" is very subjective though.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    "Subjective" in the sense you have a bunch of Boomers who still think internet access is a luxury, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to be really against that. I can't even imagine working two jobs. I mean, when? I work 8.30 to 17.00, need to get home, eat, sleep, I'd have 1-2 hours to spare for that second job.
    Some people feel being paid $10 an hour and hardly able to survive as you produce $87 per hour so the boss can provide a 3% stock dividend for himself and wealthy stakeholders is the epitome of fairness! Yacht owners gotta yacht own!

15+ Year Old Account
    "Living wage", money to pay for a 2room apartment, food, internet, and bit left after other bills.

Dont twist it mate.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    "Living wage", money to pay for a 2room apartment, food, internet, and bit left after other bills.

Dont twist it mate.
    Why does a single person need a 2 bedroom apt?
    Driving on Sunshine.

Why does a single person need a 2 bedroom apt?
    They said 2 room not 2 bedroom. Those can be two different things and often are.

A 5 room apartment is often 2 bedrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They said 2 room not 2 bedroom. Those can be two different things and often are.

A 5 room apartment is often 2 bedrooms.
    Yeah but people usually say 2room when they mean w bedroom
    Driving on Sunshine.

Yeah but people usually say 2room when they mean w bedroom
    Just saying in any case two bedrooms or a bedroom and a den seems like what every person should have. Why? An extra room for hobbies and such. Art. Computer room. Music.

7+ Year Old Account

Dont twist it mate.
    That's still subjective though because it depends on your
    personal standards. A different person can just as easily say that living only requires a pod residence and maybe $60 a month for food since you can buy things like potatoes and beans at a dollar per pound or rice which is only 50 cents per pound. You could also argue that the 2 room apartment you mentioned needs an additional 20 square feet of room before it meets some minimum criteria for "truly living". Setting those values that relate to quality of life cannot be objective in any way unless you're literally finding the level of income that will cause a person to stop living if it goes any lower.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-21 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That's still subjective though because it depends on your
    personal standards. A different person can just as easily say that living only requires a pod residence and maybe $60 a month for food since you can buy things like potatoes and beans at a dollar per pound or rice which is only 50 cents per pound. You could also argue that the 2 room apartment you mentioned needs an additional 20 square feet of room before it meets some minimum criteria for "truly living". Setting those values that relate to quality of life cannot be objective in any way unless you're literally finding the level of income that will cause a person to stop living if it goes any lower.
    That's semantics because the term living wage refers to a calculated number taking into account, food, clothing and other metrics. You can argue that someone can live on less than that the same you could take a step further and say you could move to another country and live like a king and never work but not really relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's semantics because the term living wage refers to a calculated number taking into account, food, clothing and other metrics. You can argue that someone can live on less than that the same you could take a step further and say you could move to another country and live like a king and never work but not really relevant.
    It's exactly be relevant as that is this discussion
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Subjective" in the sense you have a bunch of Boomers who still think internet access is a luxury, sure.
    sure it is.

very cheap one but luxury nevertheless.

same as tv , expensive mobile phone etc etc.

people very often mistake "living wage " with "living comfortably wage"

10+ Year Old Account

so then i assume you can also:
    clean the floors of every store you go to,check yourself out at every store you visit,process your own photos,drive to the amazon warehouse to pick up your own own orders, wait yourself at restaurants,drive your kids to school,and do literally thousands of other jobs in the manufacturing,retail,and various other industries that get your stuff to you. since you know they aren't valuable enough to have good working conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

because they stupidly think living wage means living the high life and rolling around in a cadillac buying lobsters for supper and having the most expensive pcs when really it's just bare subsitence levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    sure it is.

very cheap one but luxury nevertheless.

same as tv , expensive mobile phone etc etc.

people very often mistake "living wage " with "living comfortably wage"
    go ahead and JUST TRY and apply FOR ANY JOB at ANY company without the internet and you'll be told to go online and fill out their application. companies don't even have paper applications anymore. they haven't for years. what rock are you living under?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so then i assume you can also:
    clean the floors of every store you go to,check yourself out at every store you visit,process your own photos,drive to the amazon warehouse to pick up your own own orders, wait yourself at restaurants,drive your kids to school,and do literally thousands of other jobs in the manufacturing,retail,and various other industries that get your stuff to you. since you know they aren't valuable enough to have good working conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

because they stupidly think living wage means living the high life and rolling around in a cadillac buying lobsters for supper and having the most expensive pcs when really it's just bare subsitence levels.

- - - Updated - - -

go ahead and JUST TRY and apply FOR ANY JOB at ANY company without the internet and you'll be told to go online and fill out their application. companies don't even have paper applications anymore. they haven't for years. what rock are you living under?
    unlike you i remember perfecly times when internet at home was not so common .

my answer would be - visit your local library - every library have computers with access points to internet - exacly for people who cannot afford internet at home.

poor people should stop pretending that they can live on level they cannot .

this is how debts are created - people buy stuff which they dont need, for money they dont have, to impress people who dont care about them .

also you are mistaken about paper applications - our HR department recives those all the time - same like people who come to ask for job direcly - if they know about possible openings they always ask to leave the CV with phone number there .

just because people are ultra lazy naowadays and rather apply via e mail doesnt mean that companies ignore "paper applications" - especially when they recruit "blue collars" fr physical labour who lets not kid ourselves are statisticaly not brightest bunch of people .

unless by companies you understand only megacorporations - and ignore milions of small businesses
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-21 at 09:03 AM.