Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I counted yesterday and it was only around ~600 iirc, so the daily average would probably be around 700~800.
    You're skipping treasures and rares, aren't you? The kill 2 competitors in the arena one is worth 105 on its own. I had my weekly 1k from Ardenweald, Bastion, and Maldraxxus without even visiting Revendreth with the world boss and elite WQ in the same area worth a total of 500.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    I'm surprised we don't get more (or any) from the actual maw/torghast. I mean I thought all the anima (sources, soul power) was being sent there, and that's why its scarce in the various realms. Figured we'd get piles of anima down there, but all we get is ash and dust and whatever stygia is.
    The drought was because Denathrius was hoarding anima for later use combined with the lack of new souls coming through, he only sent to to the Maw once he was busted. It's being sent directly to the Jailor for his personal escape plans.

Without flying / flight whistle or teleport pads/portals between the zones I'll never bother doing callings or world quests. Screw anima and screw running around everywhere on my ground mount for 50 anima that will be used up on a single campaign mission I'll probably fail since I'm Kyrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Would you prefer it were gold instead like the garrison and cosmetics and mounts ridiculously low rng drops? I enjoy the predictability in this - a lot of the stuff I recognize I don't need right now and that's okay. It's there to splurge on when I have the surplus/feel like rewarding myself for my efforts in scraping it together. Sure I wish I could be done and have it all by now but then I'd have little reason to login anymore which is the point in all this.
    I would prefer for mounts and cosmetics to be locked behind reputation/renown then purchased with gold, yes. In my ideal world anima would be used to unlock covenant upgrades (at greatly reduced prices, or higher anima rewards, either way) and for table missions only.

Yes, subscription retention is indeed the point of all this. But if you are actually logging in every day to grind anima, let me ask you this-- are you having fun? If you are, that's great.

I'd just like dungeons and raids to drop more of it. 35 anima feels like a sad joke. IMO every boss in a raid should drop a good 150 so that a full clear is rewarding. Every M+ should also give you 100-150 or so when timed.

Right now I mostly don't care about anima and I sure as hell aren't going to farm like crazy for a couple recolors and mounts. But I'd like to be able to progress towards these things doing the content I enjoy. The price of the upgrades and cosmetics just seem insane to me, just buying the full Renown-unlocked set is almost 30K anima and 200-ish Grateful Offerings- where the average WQ barely gives 100 anima and the average Offering activity nets you, what, 4-5 max? Yeah, I like the red tint of the Venthyr plate set but I got better things to do with my life than farm for that stuff ad nauseum.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Even 150 anima for clearing a mythic+ is awful. That's half an hour of your time in challenging group content with four other players and you would need to do it twenty times to buy a SINGLE cloak transmog.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-20 at 11:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Well, we're coming up on 2 months into the expansion and I still haven't gone past level 2 on my covenant, so I'm missing out on a ton of content.
    You have everything at level 2? Are you aware this is the first week that you can go past level 2 if you were upgrading everything? So your statement really doesn't mean much if you actually understand the systems. Souls are the limiting factor not anima. Playing the game for about an hour a day is not a grueling grind. You just don't want to do it and the grind would remain the same even if they increased rewards as you've suggested. Weird right?

That it isn't about having to do the content but all about you wanting everything with out having to do much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yeah imagine getting rewards without having to log in every day to do 1-2 hours worth of dailies for months.
    Imagine thinking that optional rewards should just be given to you because you subscribe. What is next mythic raid gear handed out just for buying game time? After all we shouldn't have to log in every week to spend a few hours in progression raiding and farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, exactly. If the dailies are fun and have appropriate rewards, people will do them. Taking 10 minutes plus another 10 in travel time for a boring tedious "kill 15 mobs, click on 10 doodads, then kill a miniboss" WQ to get 100 anima when a freaking cloak transmog costs 3000, I mean, screw that right in the earhole.
    Then get better at the game. On tuesday this week I earned 1k anima in 50 mins with travel time included. If you really don't want the reward why is it even a problem? Why have you been complaining for a while now that it is this huge deal when you don't actually care about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, subscription retention is indeed the point of all this. But if you are actually logging in every day to grind anima, let me ask you this-- are you having fun? If you are, that's great.
    I think the better question would be if you hate doing things in the game why are you still subscribed? Why is it always that people who don't like parts, or all, of the game routinely try to make it seem like those who that do things are bad instead of just realizing that the game might not be for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Even 150 anima for clearing a mythic+ is awful. That's half an hour of your time in challenging group content with four other players and you would need to do it twenty times to buy a SINGLE cloak transmog.
    You can't complain about an activity offering little anima when you outright refuse to do the content that offers six times the anima in just about double the time spent. 3 days and you can buy a cloak transmog from the Renown vendor. It takes more days to get the required grateful offerings then it would the anima.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Imagine thinking that optional rewards should just be given to you because you subscribe.
    No one was talking about free rewards. Doubling the anima certainly isn't free. I wouldn't necessarily say covenant features are optional. They are pretty much baked in as part of the expansion. Cosmetics, mounts and other stuff are just collectibles.

I took out rest of the quote that you made just to feel good about yourself because you came up with hyperbole that no one has ever seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The drought was because Denathrius was hoarding anima for later use combined with the lack of new souls coming through, he only sent to to the Maw once he was busted. It's being sent directly to the Jailor for his personal escape plans.
    No, the Drought is because the Arbiter is defunct and no new Anima is being sent to the realms. Denathrius hoarding was on top of that and specific to Revendreth.

And the stream to the Maw ends once you kill Inerva in the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one was talking about free rewards. Doubling the anima certainly isn't free. I wouldn't necessarily say covenant features are optional. They are pretty much baked in as part of the expansion. Cosmetics, mounts and other stuff are just collectibles. I took out rest of the quote that you made just to feel good about yourself because you came up with hyperbole that no one has ever seen before.
    So what is wrong with being able to get 7k anima a week? If you ignore the covenant that is 1 to 3 cosmetics a week depending on the cost (mounts, transmog, etc). It is 25,500 anima for the full transmog set. Some of those pieces will not be unlocked until Renown 32. This excludes weapons which are Renown 37. The rest wasn't hyperbole because a lot of people in this thread including your comment don't want to do a little work for a decent amount of Anima. Which means you want free rewards. Because simply doubling it will still cause you to have to log on every day for 1-2 hours of work right?

Remember you said who wants to log in every day for 1-2 hours for months. Isn't that what people do for raiding minus a few days? Most guilds I wager raid 2-3 nights a week. Why should they have to log on 2-3 days a week for no loot for months? Shouldn't we double, triple, or just hand out rewards just for participating? But of course you dismiss it outright because it shows how silly your first response was. Weird right?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-01-21 at 01:26 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

If you ignore the covenant
    Yeah no.

You literally write a wall of text about cosmetics after I just told you that the most important thing is covenant features. You really think people complain about anima because of 25k transmog set?

Remember war resources? I remember them being pretty scarce at the start of the expansion and I wasn't skimping on the world quests. By the end I was buying tokens with WR every week, avoided every WR world quest and still came nowhere near running out

Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Remember war resources? I remember them being pretty scarce at the start of the expansion and I wasn't skimping on the world quests. By the end I was buying tokens with WR every week, avoided every WR world quest and still came nowhere near running out
    That was because you could always get bunch of resources from world quests and the only thing you used them was troops and missions. People were running out of resources because they didn't want to do every single world quest on the map. They just did the AP quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i LOL'd so hard when SHadowlands got announced and they said there wont be an AP grind. no, this time we will be gathering Anima Power. like, are you not seeing this? and its even fucking worse then it has ever been and their excuse is "bUt tHeRe iS a dRoUgHt"
    There's a major difference, no need to be obtuse either. The vast majority of that stuff is cosmetics and conveniences, not player power. Once you upgrade the Covenant set, if you ever use it, Anima becomes next to useless in practical terms, you only have to farm your 1k for the weekly which is very easy to do. That's why there's been nowhere near an uproar about it so far,

Still, the prices are silly. I think that to fully upgrade your Covenant-specific mechanic you need something stupid like 40k fucking Anima. That's for one upgrade line. Yes, I get it, the system is supposed to last a long while, but I daresay for most players that long while is going to be in 9.2 or 9.3, if ever. I don't even see the point of gating upgrades via Souls when gathering the Anima will take longer anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no. You literally write a wall of text about cosmetics after I just told you that the most important thing is covenant features. You really think people complain about anima because of 25k transmog set?
    Okay. In 3 weeks you can get 21k anima which is enough for two level 3 upgrades. It will take you 4 weeks to get enough souls to buy those two upgrades since they require 22 souls each. That is 44 souls and last week we upgraded the soul keeper to 15 souls. So 15x3 is 45. You'll have 3 souls left over this week. In 3 weeks you will also get another soul keeper upgrade that increase the amount starting on the 4th week. Assuming it is 20 per week from that point it will take 7 weeks to get enough souls for level 3, 4 and 5 of the Covenant mini-game. It will take you 5 weeks (rounding up) to get the required anima. So gaining 7k a week you will have enough anima for all upgrades before you have the required souls.

The current amount of anima you can gain isn't the problem or a problem. If the covenant features are that important to you then you will be willing to play 1 hour a day to get them. If you are not willing to play 1 hour a day then why do you care so much about unlocking covenant features that basically unlock world quests for you to waste time with?

7k a week also isn't the most you can get in a week. That ignores the weeklies and there are people who have been Anima capped already which is 35k. That is a true grind and 7k a week is far from a grind. This week you can get 1,350 anima just from the 2 dungeon and 2 pvp quests but that requires rated battle grounds so most won't be doing it I think. But it does award 250x3.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-01-21 at 06:55 AM.

anime drought innit
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is an anima drought going on so

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Okay. In 3 weeks you can get 21k anima which is enough for two level 3 upgrades. It will take you 4 weeks to get enough souls to buy those two upgrades since they require 22 souls each. That is 44 souls and last week we upgraded the soul keeper to 15 souls. So 15x3 is 45. You'll have 3 souls left over this week. In 3 weeks you will also get another soul keeper upgrade that increase the amount starting on the 4th week. Assuming it is 20 per week from that point it will take 7 weeks to get enough souls for level 3, 4 and 5 of the Covenant mini-game. It will take you 5 weeks (rounding up) to get the required anima. So gaining 7k a week you will have enough anima for all upgrades before you have the required souls.

The current amount of anima you can gain isn't the problem or a problem. If the covenant features are that important to you then you will be willing to play 1 hour a day to get them. If you are not willing to play 1 hour a day then why do you care so much about unlocking covenant features that basically unlock world quests for you to waste time with?

7k a week also isn't the most you can get in a week. That ignores the weeklies and there are people who have been Anima capped already which is 35k. That is a true grind and 7k a week is far from a grind. This week you can get 1,350 anima just from the 2 dungeon and 2 pvp quests but that requires rated battle grounds so most won't be doing it I think. But it does award 250x3.
    You keep talking about how much you can get per week/day without address the fact that people are talking to you about not wanting to grind WQ's every day for weeks.

Yes you can get decent Anima income, if you grind yourself into boredom and burnout. That's the whole complaint, we don't want to grind daily's every day for weeks to unlock basic convenant features and buy a cosmetic item because its mind numbingly boring and after 2 expansions of mindlessly boring grind people are sick and tired of it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You're skipping treasures and rares, aren't you? The kill 2 competitors in the arena one is worth 105 on its own. I had my weekly 1k from Ardenweald, Bastion, and Maldraxxus without even visiting Revendreth with the world boss and elite WQ in the same area worth a total of 500.
    Well yes, I was talking about WQs, not treasures and rares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You keep talking about how much you can get per week/day without address the fact that people are talking to you about not wanting to grind WQ's every day for weeks.
    This. Double down by the fact that I am already playing a decent amount the things I enjoy playing (dugeons, raids, torghast, weeklies) that should be giving me a reasonable amount of anima, but often just give me barely enough for the weekly 1k quest.

Anima was sold to us as a "no infinite grind" currency, that you could acquire enough of by doing whatever you want. By that definition, the amount you get from dungeons, raids and Torghast should be at least somewhat similar to what you get from WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    there is an anima drought going on so
    Soon there will be a player drought so.

Gating anima income buff behind renown would have been the easiest and most elegant solution, just like souls are gated behind renown, rather than patches. Castle Nathria done, Denathrius is dealt with? -> which renown level is that? -> more anima comes in every so often. Makes sense.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-21 at 11:06 AM.