Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Demo Warlock. Awesome epic anima powers, even +50% dmg common powers, a personal tank with up to a few million HP... What do you want more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There are attacks that can kill a raidboss blueberry/Felguard if you don't interrupt, on floors 16/17 of Layer 7/8 Twisting Corridors. Maybe earlier if you get two or three Mort'regars and a ton of +magic damage. (maybe it's more that it kills you rather than your pet but still)
    There are not really such attacks. on layer 16/17 your pet has more than a million HP. Nothing does that much damage. And you outrange most of the dangerous abilities if you let your pet do all the work, Which is the safe way, but of course you can still stun/fear/terror/interrupt the elite mobs. ALso you have to be really unlucky not to get HP up powers to not be able to survive a hit or two.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-20 at 11:26 AM.

I'm finding it a blast (mostly) as a blood DK. Sometimes I get some really bad powers and I can still complete it, but it's not as fun. But man, if you get some of those powers to chains? Or the power that lets you summon Darion frigging Mograine to fight for you for TEN MINUTES? And even without those, some other notable powers:
    - pull weapon from an enemy when using Death Grip
    - enemy pulled with Death Grip slams the ground and stuns everyone around it briefly
    - enemies standing in Death and Decay get occasionally feared
    And those powers are fairly frequent, or at least were for me.

Prot pally is a cakewalk. I'm venthyr and I basically end up with permanent wings (often with 44% dmg increase), 4 hammer of wraths that hit for 160k+, ashen hallow that ticks for 14k++ with even more ticks for every hammer of wrath i toss out and reduced CD for every HoW and basically infinite holy power. Unkillable. Not to mention other goodies like holy damage having a big chance to fear/root enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

A vengeance Demon Hunter.

So you need the conduit that makes every tick of immolation aura increase its damage by x%.

Then you only need the 1 conduit power that refreshed the duration of immolation aura whenever you deal any form of damage. This also applies to the vases.

You can now kill anything, without doing anything. You only need to keep spirit bomb up or any other leech effect so that your outrageous damage also keeps you alive.

But it won't be the only power you have, so you build around that, and it gets absolutely ridiculous.

There are powers that flat out increase immolation aura's damage by 100%, I've had it stack to 500%.

I've ended all my Twisted Corridor runs by having an immolation aura that quickly ramps up to ticking 60k crits, every second. And that's a passive effect.

If you attempt this build:

Unbind your immolation aura from its default position, so you don't accidentally refresh it.

You can start skipping floors very early if you have a healer with you, because you will kill the final boss as long as you can be kept alive, the ramping up of the aura will get you there.

Someone has clues for Night Fae BM Hunter? I just climbed layer 1 of Twisting Corridors yesterday for the 1st time and the difficulty only started to show in floors 16 and 17, when I need to CC some, pull more carefully (even then died my 5 deaths). Then 18 floor boss one-shotted me with some blast I didn't even see coming lol
    Didn't read any guides or anything, just went in for the fun and the Anduin quest, while taking the usual powers I take in regular Torghast.

Out of my 5 classes (mage, priest, paladin, monk, rogue), it's only really painful to do on mage, because your powers are quite weak outside of boss one-shot. Priest starts slow but is incredibly consistent, no matter which powers you get, you just outscale the fuck out of torghast.

I find it super easy on elemental shaman and affliction warlock. Both have really strong tank pets and can get good buffs for AoE and single target damage.

Marksmanship hunter is ok, but the lack of good anima powers is a problem and having a pet tank is more dead weight than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    I'm finding it a blast (mostly) as a blood DK. Sometimes I get some really bad powers and I can still complete it, but it's not as fun. But man, if you get some of those powers to chains? Or the power that lets you summon Darion frigging Mograine to fight for you for TEN MINUTES? And even without those, some other notable powers:
    - pull weapon from an enemy when using Death Grip
    - enemy pulled with Death Grip slams the ground and stuns everyone around it briefly
    - enemies standing in Death and Decay get occasionally feared
    And those powers are fairly frequent, or at least were for me.
    You should try the Lichborn spec, you spam all the time deathcoil on the enemy or on yourself.
    With the right traits your deathcoil crits with 80-90k and gives you 30-150% more haste + Deathstrike reduce the cd of lichborn so you can have it up 80-90% when you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    You should try the Lichborn spec, you spam all the time deathcoil on the enemy or on yourself.
    With the right traits your deathcoil crits with 80-90k and gives you 30-150% more haste + Deathstrike reduce the cd of lichborn so you can have it up 80-90% when you fight.
    I try it when I get that power, but I didn't get it too often so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    meanwhile, we rogues far from getting one-shot power combos we get a bunch of powers that don't work lol. Hope they fixed it with the restarts
    Idk, If you stack the eviscerate buff, the 400% damage on next finishing move afer shadowstep, along with the ER reset CD on animacharge and ER gives 100 energy, it's pretty good. I got close to one-shotting the last boss in level 8 soulforges in my opener from stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like any class can be OP with the right combination or stacking of certain powers. But for my experience the Ventyr warrior combo of 100% uptime Condemn with a 0.5 knock down + rage more and some dmg modifiers plus die by the sword 5 minute uptime basically you're immortal and do tons of damage. Boss doesn't even get the chance to attack you

Mage i feel is OP af. Only failed twice throughout all the runs I've done, 1 due to me gambling on the 15% more dmg -5% hp on first floor and then get no hp stuff and getting coldheart interstetia at the end of the layer 7 twisting corridors. Most of them got leap attacks which one shots me and I didn't take it slow enough.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Had an absolutely mad run earlier tonight. Regular run (6 floors), wasn't getting anything good offensively which usually kills the run by the end boss... but HP and/or leech stuff on basically everything (I got close to 400k HP, 25% leech, something from a rare that did lifesteal based on max health, and an elethium power that does reflect damage). Put the pet away, aoed as hard as I could, everything melted as I healed to full no matter what was beating on me.

Too many specific and rare powers, but I'd have loved to see if that would have worked in higher levels of twisting corridours.

I don't know for sure what qualifies as most OP, but simply being a 196 guardian druid with +hp and full moon finished Twisted Corridors layer 8 with 0 lives to spare and a full health bar (I pulled stupid a few times, paid for it, almost lost).

What was OP was last week's event with the dogs. +health, blow up on death, pick the taunt dog = profit every time without fail on massive pulls in solo or group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Playing a warlock in thorgast is like fighting target dummies for an extended period of time. There is 0 mechanics you need to do, nothing to dodge, interrupt etc. It's not fast, but it's extremely stupid in its own way. A massive design failure.
    Your "massive design failure" is my "fun as fuck".

I mentioned to my party last night I had 69 imps following me. Someone said "nice." we all laughed. Stuff died. Good fun.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Monk with corrosive healing power. You can literally carry a 5 people run alone, as in the others can literally go afk (with the exception of trap floors). The arcane mage one-shotting builds require at least some setup and execution, the monk build requires nothing of the sort.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-21 at 06:57 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is all correct. I would add that on the later corridors you need a bit of luck getting dps boosts, because some bosses don’t die before your immunity ends if your dps is too low. You need to be above 60k dps to kill the end boss on the last layer. The +30% dps pot helps with this. When immunity runs out, boss is meleeing for 500k a swing - so good luck with that. You can survive for a second if you have fort brew hp buff but it’s otherwise hopeless without immunity.

And as you said, you need some hp boosts to survive the other layers.
    Thankfully, I could always ignore or not care about what the bosses melee you for.

I didn't have the +30% damage potion unfortunately, but I had several other powers that buffed my corrosive dosage damage to ridiculous levels during Weapons of Order (Kyrian ability), and I could reset the ability CD one time as well. This helped me to kill the endboss much faster.

Also: as a warning for other monks: you can only use Ever-Tumbling Stone immunity once per floor (at the very start). If you mess something up, or die by falling off the platform or something, you won't have it anymore on that floor. Which probably means you're screwed on the later floors because the bosses will eat you for breakfast without the immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I have a prot pally, I enjoy getting extra damage and charges on my hammer mixed with some other skills like haste and it’s rather fun.
    I find Prot Pally safe, but fairly slow, because there just doesn't seem to be a ton of AoE damage and ST damage, even with bonus Hammer of Wrath damage isn't that exciting. Ret is much faster, but once you have your almost constant wings, multi HoW charges, and buffed HoW and Holy Power damage you just don't get any better so in TC floors 16-18 tend to be pretty rough.

My Elemental Shaman is harder until they get perma-Earth Elemental, and then it's dead easy.

Without question 3 hybrids with massive AOE and exceptionally strong healing (not really WW though) on demand: Balance, Ret and WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Your "massive design failure" is my "fun as fuck".

I mentioned to my party last night I had 69 imps following me. Someone said "nice." we all laughed. Stuff died. Good fun.
    What is fun in fighting a target dummy for ~2hours? (the last layer took even more) The number of imps that spawn? WTF

Twisting corridors were supposed to be some sort of 'challenge', and they are not (as a warlock). Horrific visions were infinitely harder, even without any masks on.