Page 1 of 2
LastLast

XP table missions gone?

So is there some cutoff where these disappear?

I'm nightfae, so obv I did a bunch of Campaign missions with Dreamweaver, now those are lvl60 and impossible, but there's no way to level anyone up given regular missions give very very little xp.

Or were the silver XP missions just removed? I doubt that; I'm sure it's Campaign progress, but it seems broken because I still have some very low level followers.

As soon as you unlocked the Lvl 60 Missions you do NOT get any experience missions anymore. I'm in the same boat, having to level all of my champions now via failing missions for 400-500 exp each.

And yes, the sudden stop of those missions is quite harsh.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-01-21 at 04:14 PM.

The balance is weird.
    If you want XP you have to send your folks on the gold dragon missions. They give a lot, even if you fail them.

Getting new followers pulls your team and troops down, so if you do your weekly choreghast then it's hard to make progress with your troop levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    The balance is weird.
    If you want XP you have to send your folks on the gold dragon missions. They give a lot, even if you fail them.

Getting new followers pulls your team and troops down, so if you do your weekly choreghast then it's hard to make progress with your troop levels.
    I simply do not accept more followers. Still have one or two that are waiting.

You shouldn't cheese it up to the point of getting level 60 missions if you were only using Dreamweaver+Trackers.

I mean, it was kinda obvious that if you don't level up the rest of the followers they'll be failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You shouldn't cheese it up to the point of getting level 60 missions if you were only using Dreamweaver+Trackers.

I mean, it was kinda obvious that if you don't level up the rest of the followers they'll be failing.
    You should still get experience missions, tho. We get more and more followers, they have to be leveled, too.

Well the troop level downscaling is another epic fail of blizzards gating system.
    Every second week we get another lvl 1 follower and our troops always level down...

Just give us all followers already or fix the troops.
    Did anyone ever test this? Or were they just like.
    Haha, now do it all again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Send your adventurers on the level 51 Golden Dragon missions, they give 1500xp on failure. Also, your troopers level are based on your adventurer's MEDIAN level, not AVERAGE, so getting more adventurers doesn't hurt as much when you have a fair few high level followers from adventure failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You should still get experience missions, tho. We get more and more followers, they have to be leveled, too.
    It's not remotely obvious. Also this.

I'll do some gold dragon missions and see how that goes, ty for that tip.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

I'm nightfae, so obv I did a bunch of Campaign missions with Dreamweaver, now those are lvl60 and impossible, but there's no way to level anyone up given regular missions give very very little xp.

Or were the silver XP missions just removed? I doubt that; I'm sure it's Campaign progress, but it seems broken because I still have some very low level followers.
    Oh, the Dreamweaver cheese strat is still possible? Odd I've been failing on a lvl 46 campaign mission (the Kyrian rep one) quite a few times now and figured they'd fixed the strat.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As soon as you unlocked the Lvl 60 Missions you do NOT get any experience missions anymore. I'm in the same boat, having to level all of my champions now via failing missions for 400-500 exp each.

Once you hit 16 Campaign Progress you don't receive missions that give Bonus XP which meant you had to win the mission to get the XP. Instead your missions will reward a huge chunk of XP 1,200 - 1,500 on most of them. Since this is the base XP you can now fail the missions and still get the huge chunk of XP. So really it is better to be at 16+ since you get the guaranteed XP regardless of win or loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh, the Dreamweaver cheese strat is still possible? Odd I've been failing on a lvl 46 campaign mission (the Kyrian rep one) quite a few times now and figured they'd fixed the strat.
    Yeah maybe they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Once you hit 16 Campaign Progress you don't receive missions that give Bonus XP which meant you had to win the mission to get the XP. Instead your missions will reward a huge chunk of XP 1,200 - 1,500 on most of them. Since this is the base XP you can now fail the missions and still get the huge chunk of XP. So really it is better to be at 16+ since you get the guaranteed XP regardless of win or loss.
    Yeah ty for this, will def be doing this.

Didn't know that those missions give high exp, so yeah, thx for that. Only spamed those cheap 10 anima missions to get followers up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Dreamweaver strat is still very strong, I guess it's still the strongest strat even after nerfs.

Yeah ty for this, will def be doing this.
    Didn't know that those missions give high exp, so yeah, thx for that. Only spamed those cheap 10 anima missions to get followers up.
    No problem. Though you'll still get some missions with XP but the higher level missions will give a lot more. Off the top of my head they are usually the ones that offer Pet Charms, bags, etc. I think about half your missions will be low and half high and that was around Level 17 progress from what I remember. I know once you hit 20 and get all 4 mounts you can start to get books that give specific followers like 2,500 XP as a mission too.

I think the guaranteed xp is based on the length of the mission. I've noticed that the 3-4 hour missions tend to give 300-400 xp, while the 12 hour missions are usually the ones that give 1200+ xp. I'm only around 13 or 14 campaign progress at the moment though, because Venthyr.

15+ Year Old Account

The fact that there isn't a half-decent catchup mechanism for any champions or followers that you acquire later is just as harsh. The adventures table is handily the most poorly thought out covenant feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post
    I think the guaranteed xp is based on the length of the mission. I've noticed that the 3-4 hour missions tend to give 300-400 xp, while the 12 hour missions are usually the ones that give 1200+ xp. I'm only around 13 or 14 campaign progress at the moment though, because Venthyr.
    This then must be the incentive for level 2 and 3 of the mission table.

This then must be the incentive for level 2 and 3 of the mission table.
    Level 2 is your companions heal faster. Level 3 is shorter mission duration. XP isn't affected by either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    The fact that there isn't a half-decent catchup mechanism for any champions or followers that you acquire later is just as harsh. The adventures table is handily the most poorly thought out covenant feature.
    There is to an extent. Once you reach Level 20 campaign you start to get books that award 2,500 XP to whichever follower you want. Not to mention they level up pretty quickly in the lower levels so if you got a couple at once it won't hurt your median troop level.

Level 2 is your companions heal faster. Level 3 is shorter mission duration. XP isn't affected by either.
    I know, but if I spent the anima for those, this terrible catchup mechanism would be much much faster.

Anyways I began it last night, works as advertised, but is slow and expensive for sure.

I know, but if I spent the anima for those, this terrible catchup mechanism would be much much faster.

Anyways I began it last night, works as advertised, but is slow and expensive for sure.
    I mean you are free to go that route, but I wouldn't suggest wasting the anima. The 25% faster heal isn't worth it since your followers go back to full health when they level so you can keep sending them into missions even at 1% until they level up. The mission duration reduction would be nice but costs essentially 15k anima to get to and would be better spent towards your teleport, anima conductor or mini game.