Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    oh! His next reality show to stay relevant could be "Trump's Flavor of Love!"
    All I could think of reading this was Tang and they episode of “Married with Children” when they were eating “Tang-which” sandwiches.

I don't know if this is more appropriate for Biden's topic, but in the fallout of Trump, it's weird how people don't just see Joe Biden as a replacement that's better than nothing but a much better person already. He hasn't even done anything yet but it's just such a bizarrely assured atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I don't know if this is more appropriate for Biden's topic, but in the fallout of Trump, it's weird how people don't just see Joe Biden as a replacement that's better than nothing but a much better person already. He hasn't even done anything yet but it's just such a bizarrely assured atmosphere.
    Well, he's not a fascist... so it's a start. Why are you so upset that the fascist is gone?

For one, he isn't demanding kids to stay in cages on the border instead of releasing them back to their home country or into the US. For that matter, he was doing that will all immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has signed several executive orders... this isn’t Trump... he isn’t going to go on Twitter and claim his every fart is the greatest ever... might be one of the reasons people are feeling so much better.

Did you see Biden start a war with media over his crowd size or how ugly a reporter was? Yeah... me neither... I also thought it was a custom Trump was starting... :/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/stat...854806017?s=20

President Biden has removed the Diet Coke button. When ShippersUnbound and I interviewed Donald Trump in 2019, we became fascinated by what the little red button did. Eventually Trump pressed it, and a butler swiftly brought in a Diet Coke on a silver platter. It's gone now.
    *rubs temples*

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    He should have replaced it with a direct call button to Mar-A-Lago to prank Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was having to check the source on that when I read it at first to see if it was The Onion...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And this was the video I saw.

/shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wrong. https://www.c-span.org/video/?508160...-beach-florida The people are a disgrace, there’s no reason to rewrite history. She actually waved more than he did since she got in on the side facing the crowd.
    Well, you're both wrong because....

That isn't Melania at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I was having to check the source on that when I read it at first to see if it was The Onion...
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...e-button-oval/

After 4 fucking years HOW AM I STILL SURPRISED BY THIS ASSHOLE!?!?!?!

He actually has done a lot more on Day 1 than Trump did the entire time as president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another of Trump's legacies destroyed.

Biden's inauguration got higher TV ratings than Trump's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

It did? Without the Press Secretary spending 10 minutes talking about it and holding up a picture of it and yelling at reporters asking for verification of this, I wouldn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It did? Without the Press Secretary spending 10 minutes talking about it and holding up a picture of it and yelling at reporters asking for verification of this, I wouldn't know.
    Can you imagine how it is for kids turning 16 or 17 right now? For the duration of their cognitive thought, the example of president was Trump. We have a generation that has Trump as majority of their frame of reference, for a president. 2024 will be interesting...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can you imagine how it is for kids turning 16 or 17 right now? For the duration of their cognitive thought, the example of president was Trump. We have a generation that has Trump as majority of their frame of reference, for a president. 2024 will be interesting...
    Hey, at least there's one benefit to it. The past four years have been the single biggest national civics course in US history, so hopefully they at least picked up a few things here and there and don't think that the job of the Press Secretary is to come out, read a statement, insult reporters for a bit, and then fuck off.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh, and the post-Residency life starts to go full flair for Trump:

Trump's entire tax attorney team resigned on the morning of the inauguration - I wonder if they bid their farewells at his 6am JB send off?

And it looks like federal prosecutors are already in possession of at least some of Trump's financial and tax records, now that Trump's tenure as court-dodger has ended. That's not going to go well.

Does the United States have an extradition treaty with Florida?

10+ Year Old Account

Wait, what?

BWAHAHAHAHAhaha....

Hold on, I've got to check his reaction on Twitter...

...oh, wait.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

"The damage of the Trump administration was extensive...but it's contained."

Legal Eagle spells out the way Trump's last-minute pardons could have been much worse. He also mentions this article in which Trump was talked out of pardoning his family, because he was told it would lead to obstruction charges against himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Banks United and Professional Bank, both in Florida, have cut ties with Trump and no longer wish to hold his money for him.

For a bank to say "We don't want you to invest here" is pretty big. By law, a bank can loan out up to 30 times the amount of cash it has. If Trump had $5 million (that's the low end) that means they could have written $150 million in loans. Assuming they were low-interest mortgages 4% APR, and assuming they only lent half the amount, that's $3 million a year just to park Trump's $5 million. And I lowballed everything.

But these are mere thorn pricks next to the Deutsche Bank tree about to fall on his house.

10+ Year Old Account
    -- Donald Trump's last lie in office
    or a horrible admission
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ahhhh, and the post-Residency life starts to go full flair for Trump:

Trump's entire tax attorney team resigned on the morning of the inauguration - I wonder if they bid their farewells at his 6am JB send off?

And it looks like federal prosecutors are already in possession of at least some of Trump's financial and tax records, now that Trump's tenure as court-dodger has ended. That's not going to go well.

Does the United States have an extradition treaty with Florida?
    Makes sense if the State was previously paying them and now Trump has to and they know he doesn't pay so... better quit now.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death