Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sole-Warrior View Post
    The left already has a strangle hold on twitter and various other social media. You can't post authentic opinions without dipshits accusing you of being racist or bigoted in some way. And we see facebook and various other social media fucking censoring right wing channels. It's absolutely insanity. So it shouldn't be a surprise when right wingers pull the same stuff on the left when it comes to radio talk.
    Is this a joke? If I honestly posted my opinion of you, you would need to buy a new mouse from clicking report so much. I never seen a single right wing free speech advocate, shed a tear after stating my honest opinion, results in being banned.

Oh and I wouldn’t use bigot or racist...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember when conservatives lost their shit because China might be spying on their Tik Toks or whatever?

Ah man those were good times. I guess it just matters what color your preferred authoritarian regime is.
    That's exactly it.

Kind of like that whole Obama is a Communist, except when Trump praises Putin who was an Ex KGB as in Mr USSR Communist, everything was fine. OR when putting together a Muslim ban because of Terrorist he conveniently left out Saudia Arabia.

And just like Mike Pompeo suddenly gives a shit about Muslims in China since his corrupt ass got banned from China. So no Trumpsters only care the Color White or Green.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The left already has a strangle hold on twitter and various other social media.
    ...you do know that means we outnumber you, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...you do know that means we outnumber you, right?
    I find it funny that they think Twitter wouldn’t come down on people stating their honest opinion of right wingers. Just because they think that saying Black Lives Matter, is just like them planning a violent insurrection, doesn’t make it true. People who sate their honest opinion, do get banned... right wingers can’t handle the muted opinion and can’t control them selfs... that’s the problem.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The left already has a strangle hold on twitter and various other social media. You can't post authentic opinions without dipshits accusing you of being racist or bigoted in some way. .
    Then stop being racist and bigoted maybe?

. And we see facebook and various other social media fucking censoring right wing channels. It's absolutely insanity. So it shouldn't be a surprise when right wingers pull the same stuff on the left when it comes to radio talk.

Maybe they should stop doing thing against the contract/TOS/laws?

As far as radio, it is their right and i support it 120%. If they want to fill their entire station and corporation with right win nuts that is their right.

You realize yet that you are the one who wants to fuck with people's and companies rights, not the other way around??? Maybe?? Soon??

I want to see a decentralized internet where no one can be censored for posting one's own personal opinion. On twitter, you can be banned for calling someone a retard. It's THAT bad on twitter. Reddit already abandoned their commitment to freedom of speech.

Again, you have no idea what freedom of speech is. You have no idea what the freedoms of a private company are.
    Twitter can ban you for saying the word "blue" if they wanted to. No different than a dude can throw you out of their store if you say the word "blue".
    Why is this so hard for you to understand?
    Why can't you just google "what freedom of speech applies to in the united states"

Would you let me into your house every night so I can call your family a bunch of "retards", oh for about 3 hours before i leave for the night?

. They have cracked down on "racist" and "bigoted" channels. I don't particularly like subs like r/gendercritical, or r/<insert racist subreddit>, but don't they have the right to exist? The internet is being controlled and being used to silence dissenting views. Trump has been deplatformed. It's no longer a neutral platform, they are ironically going after people they disagree with! This is an attack on Trump supporting libertarians and conservatives.

No they don't have that right to exist on any private companies service if that company chooses to not allow them no more than i have a right to exist in your living room every night.....

Name one "platform" that is neutral?
    Oh i know so far this week you have avoided really providing proof or answering simple questions just spouting anger and nonsense but maybe you'll answer this one?

I want to see a decentralized internet where no one can be censored for posting one's own personal opinion. .
    Until someone "Doxxes" you and post all your personal information and post an opinion that you might be the head of the local pedophile ring in the basement of the local pizza place because you said hello, and only hello to their daughter once while waiting in line at the grocery store and she said hello first.

i mean its only their "personal opinion" that you are a pedophile!!!!

I think you will change your tune on moderation of "free speech" on social media.

I don't know what the solution is. I'm a libertarian so I DON'T want to get the federal government involved, but there is a huge problem with political correctness becoming policy. Let bigots be bigots on the platform. The best way to end bigotry is through debate, reason and evidence.
    Stop being a dick and maybe there will not be as much "political correctness" ?

No the best way to end bigotry is to remove the power bigots have. There is no debating or reasoning with them. the last 4-8 years proved they don't care about science, data or evidence. The last 2 months really drove that point home.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Really the best part about this is all the stuff Republicans died on a hill for over the years have come back to bite them right in the ass..

Corporations are people.. (so they have like rights of people now)
    Businesses that the right to refuse business.. (gay cake baker)
    Unchained free market capitalism (I guess not here though.. right)

Guess that is what happens when your policy is designed around "pwn the libs" and not actually around real governance of a nation. Knee jerks to "pwn" and a couple years later you feel that same knee jerk right into your own gut.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ut-down-461164

De-nied. Almost like when you base your legal case on baseless conjecture you're in for a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Both First and Second amendment are primarily about ability of citizens to resist/check government power in case it turns to tyranny - with words and with force of arms.

And resisting Twitter is like resisting modern Army - technically allowed, but not very practical.
    At the same time Army cannot interfere in politics; but Twitter can.
    umm the army is the govt and twitter is not.
    Apples to manhole covers.

70 pages and still.....sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You know all I'm reading here is arguments on why that Baker should have been forced to make the cake for the gay couple.

How much you want to bet the people saying the baker shouldn't have to are now saying Amazon should have to.

Protected classes and discrimination based on just being part of that class is kind of different.

They were more arguing that being gay should be one of those, just like the baker discriminating on you because you were handicap or over 65.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ut-down-461164

De-nied. Almost like when you base your legal case on baseless conjecture you're in for a bad time.
    wait 30 daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays.....

Judge reads simple contract terms.

N O P E, dismissed.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If the bakers personal beliefs give him the right to deny service. Why doesn't Jeff Bezo's personal beliefs give him the right to deny service?

You do know your just outing yourself as a hypocrite here right?
    Again, as I said before to him, he is Russian, doesn't understand our laws, even with his employer's talking points, he knows nothing about what he is talking about, and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, let's be clear; Parler's trying to make a comeback, and they're explicitly working with Russia to do so; https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/19/t...n-company.html

While the company isn't a government front, the Russian government does have the right and capacity to surveil all data passing through their systems. So they'll have access to basically everything posted to Parler, when it returns.
    They are also on the same servers as Stormfront and GAB. Wonder if we got rid of everything connected to them and blocked their IPs if we could get rid of all 3 with one swoop?

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...23316a53635d86

Eyyyy, glad to see Twitter working on better consistency with enforcement! The Ayatollah's official account is banned following the very kinda weird and pathetic tweet with Trump golfing and the shadow of what is supposedly a stealth bomber over him, with promises of revenge.

Maybe conservatives can stop complaining so much now?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...23316a53635d86

Eyyyy, glad to see Twitter working on better consistency with enforcement! The Ayatollah's official account is banned following the very kinda weird and pathetic tweet with Trump golfing and the shadow of what is supposedly a stealth bomber over him, with promises of revenge.

Maybe conservatives can stop complaining so much now?
    sIlEnCiNg CoNsErVaTiVe VoIcEs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Quite literally, actually! Makes me wonder if Ted Cruz and Matt Gaetz and Devin Nunes will be out stanning for the Ayatollah, as one more victim of liberal social media's hatred of conservatives and suppression of Freeze Peach(tm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Yeah, technically that’s still silencing conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure sole-warrior will be outraged about it in his next troll barrage.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    De-nied.
    HAHAHAHAHA get rekt son. It's like Parler broke the contract or something. @Zan15 said it best.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA get rekt son. It's like Parler broke the contract or something. @Zan15 said it best.
    Hey Alexa (I don't know the actual way to make it go on, I don't have one and never will): Can you Google "contract law" for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ayatollah's official account is banned
    Ah good, I should have checked that earlier. Thanks for being on top of things as well as...on the edge.

Man, life is so much simpler when people aren't being hypocrites. Threats of death and violence, even those which aren't terrorism technically, aren't just immoral and illegal but they break the terms of service. Out you go.

I still worry, of course, that the message (on Twitter or otherwise) will still work. Trump is a loathesome orange maggot dressed like a man, but I still don't want him murdered. Not just because I want him poor and alone, but because I don't particularly want a war with Iran. Remember how convinced I was Trump was going to start one? Could not be more pleased to be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

(I don't know the actual way to make it go on)
    The "Hey" is not required. But boy, does she go nuts when she hears her name. One time the Jeopardy! contestant was named Alexa and hilarity ensued.

The Ayatollah's official account is banned
    what i can still dm him on this one

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what i can still dm him on this one
    My bad, it was one of his accounts. And I got no problem with them pulling down the rest of his in the interest of consistency either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how this ended up in my feed. But apparently, even the Parler mods are getting sick of the Trump supporters who come on and spew nothing but objectively false information.

I mean, imagine if the mods here saw MMO-C turned into a complete joke of false information. "Warriors get wands" "Protection paladins raid-heal better than Resto druids" "There's a cow level in Torghast" or "Eveything on wowhead and ICV is false, and also Blizzard is using the shop sales of pets to fund a virus to take down Fortnite". Not just a few of these: 90% of posts, thousands of posts a day, complete bullshit like Parler is starting to see.

It's like "Are We The Baddies?" but one step distant. "Are Our Customers the Baddies?"

We'll see if the scare of being kicked onto a third-rate host server is enough for them to actually kick off the worst of the worst.