Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    wait..."All events in Version 1.3 that do not require challenging Ley Line Outcrops or Domains will not consume Original Resin."

does this mean world bosses won't consume resin anymore? As usual, wording is vague af.
    I think it just means events. So like if they did a double loot dungeon event it would still require resin.

wait..."All events in Version 1.3 that do not require challenging Ley Line Outcrops or Domains will not consume Original Resin."

does this mean world bosses won't consume resin anymore? As usual, wording is vague af.
    What I'm getting from it is there will be event-specific encounters that won't require resin, just as in Dragonspine. I think they would say it pretty clearly if they meant to remove resin cost from weekly bosses, but then after Dragonspine we should be taking those resin-free encounters for granted, so...

Really though, they need to work on their wording, whether they are giving the Chinese patch notes to translators and they aren't specific enough, or they have their own Chinese employees translate them, they are clearly not doing a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The thing is, it's not really vague at all. It's very specific. "Domains" and "Ley Line Outcrops" are very clearly defined.

It's just that it also happens to be totally unbelievable, so people are skeptical that they left something out.
    Eh, we could argue about semantics, but if a "very specific" piece of text leaves you with more questions than answers, then it's not really specific at all, IMO.

The thing is, it's not really vague at all. It's very specific. "Domains" and "Ley Line Outcrops" are very clearly defined.

It's just that it also happens to be totally unbelievable, so people are skeptical that they left something out.
    Correct. It's vague because world bosses aren't part of "leyline outcrops" but there are the weekly bosses that are part of domains and one that isn't so one weekly boss won't cost resin but the others will? And then there's the other non-weekly world bosses. Doesn't make sense. I think the actual translation / meaning is all future events won't cost resin, like dragonspine and the current hypostasis event and the thing about "domains" and "leyline outcrops" is just w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    For me, getting those few attacks after destroying each pillar means I can do the 3 minutes timer, but it's tight.
    Yeah, it's seeming like I was approaching the fight wrong. Thanks.

Nothing to do with gear, you're just straight up approaching the fight wrong if you're ignoring the boss while you hit all the pillars. They're not the ones ignoring the mechanics in this situation.
    That's why I was asking. I was worried that I was doing something wrong. But Yunru was apparently using Ganyu to bypass the pillars altogether, and KrayZ was able to kill the boss on the 2nd pillar, and since I'm not currently capable of doing either, that didn't really answer my question. Airlick, at least, sounded like they had not only done the fight "properly", but actually seen the whole thing.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Yeah, I don't know what they're talking about with Ganyu just skipping pillars altogether.

You can get some extra shots in sometimes, but unless you're playing it on the lowest level and/or have an absurd burst setup, it's not enough to kill the boss without doing pillars.
    Airlick also mentioned using a Bow character to take shots at the Hypostasis, but yeah, I'm still not sure when and where you're supposed to be doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Airlick also mentioned using a Bow character to take shots at the Hypostasis, but yeah, I'm still not sure when and where you're supposed to be doing that.
    You do those when they are not in cube mode and they are attacking you. You gota strafe/dodge when aiming to hit them.
    Every archer has same damage with fully charged aimed shot. (Ganyu just deals more damage, but she is speced into this)
    Even Amber players are able to do this (i still have to destroy a pillar when boss goes into full aoe mode and you gota destroy a cube to make a shield).

When boss is not possible to hit you switch to claymore and hit pillars (but you dont destroy them).

Yeah, I don't know what they're talking about with Ganyu just skipping pillars altogether.

You can get some extra shots in sometimes, but unless you're playing it on the lowest level and/or have an absurd burst setup, it's not enough to kill the boss without doing pillars.
    I never said that, but I think it could be possible to beat the boss with a high score without destroying pillars with Ganyu, seeing how crazy her charged shots are. Obviously not max score, since you'd have to disable the cryo dmg debuff and lower either the time requirement or boss' HP, but that's still like 3.8k score. I don't have Ganyu, though, so I couldn't try it myself. Doesn't need mentioning that you still have to destroy the last 3 pillars to finish the boss off, I just mean skipping the first 5 pillars.

There are windows when the boss is vulnerable on a pillar, so if you want to use an archer, that's the time to do it. You can do normal attacks, but it's wonky and the characters often switch between the boss and pillars, that's why you want to do charged shots. But really, this are all just hypothetical scenarios that depend on your setups, you should be perfectly fine destroying the pillars, getting a few attacks on the boss, rinse and repeat until it goes down.

The idea with keeping all the pillars on low HP before you're ready to go all out also isn't bad, I guess, but I don't think it's worth bothering, personally.

I never said anything about not doing pillars either. Quite the opposite actually.
    In fact, if you won't do them, the fight is much harder and you do less damage because destroyed pillars provide a constant geo-shield spawn.

It's just that I don't know what happens after destroying 2 pillars. The other 2 should remain? Don't they?
    I thought they only despawn if you downed the boss once.

10+ Year Old Account
    This setups are weird:

4 set wanderer is kinda weird to me as you need perfect artifacts with crit to be even be able to get more damage. (or be very good at aiming at weakspots)
    Noblesse doesnt realy fit that much as as soon as you hit electric room (that makes you lose energy) it makes it usless.

Blizzard + gladiator could work, but again you need perfect stats on them.

4 set icebreaker is still very good as it a good all rounder and you are not realy getting gimped by a situation. But if you have a crit over 80% with just gear, then you dont need 4 set.

Sacrificial Bow is garbage on her. The lotos CD is already super low. And she doesnt realy need energy recharge, unless you prefer to spam her ultimate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I gave up

4p Blizzard will be strong on her when we get a water character that has a similar water ability that works roughly the same as her Q.

I tried Mona's E and it's just no good enough as the duration is like... 5 seconds or so.
    That's basicaly enough for ~1-2 Charged shots but you also missed 1-2 charged shots by switching characters.

So I'm going 2p Blizzard 2p something else in the future until a good water character comes out.

And I actually think that the much bigger part of her damage (the bloom-damage) doesn't crit just because you hit a weakspot. At least that's what I noticed on the very first second I used her (and never bothered to check again)

Just spent 3 sets my resin on the geo boss got 2-3 greens and blues each time and one legendary artifact on the first run then no legendary artifacts the next 2. Seemed like there was diminishing returns on the thing as by the third run I just got a single epic artifact. God I hate this game. If you aren't going to give me decent artifacts atleast give me some fuckers I can eat.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-01-22 at 07:08 AM.

So, I've been rolling on the Ganyu banner and getting pretty close to the "soft pity" (I had already rolled 60 times). The last roll I did, I got...Qi Qi.

I still don't entirely understand how the pity system works, but doesn't that basically mean that I'm screwed out of getting Ganyu now?

What is the respawn timer for the daily magic crystal thing from the npc? I thought it was at server reset time...

So, I've been rolling on the Ganyu banner and getting pretty close to the "soft pity" (I had already rolled 60 times). The last roll I did, I got...Qi Qi.

I still don't entirely understand how the pity system works, but doesn't that basically mean that I'm screwed out of getting Ganyu now?
    Yes and no. You have reset your pity count completely, but the next 5* you get in the character banner will be guaranteed to be the current banner character. This will also cross over to the next character banner in case you don't get Ganyu.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes and no.

It just means you gota do 1-90 rolls.

I pulled Jean after 1.st Ganyu and now trying my luck to get it on first 20 rolls. But i have a felling i wont get shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Yes and no. You have reset your pity count completely, but the next 5* you get in the character banner will be guaranteed to be the current banner character. This will also cross over to the next character banner in case you don't get Ganyu.
    But that pretty much means I need to make another 70 to 90 rolls on this banner if I specifically want Ganyu, right? Unless I get ridiculously lucky on any of my rolls prior to hitting the soft pity again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yes and no.

It just means you gota do 1-90 rolls.

I pulled Jean after 1.st Ganyu and now trying my luck to get it on first 20 rolls. But i have a felling i wont get shit
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about. -_-

10+ Year Old Account

if you generate enough wishes on this banner you are guaranteed to get ganyu as your next 5* pull, it cannot be a weapon or other non banner character, the reason you got qiqi on this particular pull is because you must have gotten zhonli or albedo on the previous banners and you lost the 50/50 on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the respawn timer for the daily magic crystal thing from the npc? I thought it was at server reset time...
    every 24h AT LEAST 1 hour post reset (so if daily rest is 3 a.m. then ores will reset 4 a.m.).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Just spent 3 sets my resin on the geo boss got 2-3 greens and blues each time and one legendary artifact on the first run then no legendary artifacts the next 2. Seemed like there was diminishing returns on the thing as by the third run I just got a single epic artifact. God I hate this game. If you aren't going to give me decent artifacts atleast give me some fuckers I can eat.
    until you get to AR 55 you're not guaranteed to get 5* artifacts from the world bosses, and honestly the fact that you need to kill them for level up materials is a scam because the loot they drop is pathetic for the resin cost, i did 2 of the cryoregisvines today and got 2 green/2 blue quality gems with 3 ascension materials on the first kill, 1 purple artifact 2 blue artifacts, the second kill i got 1 purple/3 green gems, 2 ascension materials, 1 5* atrifact which surprisingly rolled decent enough, 2 purple artifacts and the mora/xp also.

gotta say...i'm not very happy atm. was expecting hu tao. o well, time to get more primogems i guess.

I'm kind of confused though. They showed the staff of homa in the pv and that's 100% hu tao's weapon. They gunna do ninja hu tao reveal later?
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-01-22 at 12:40 PM.