Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Considering that only 1% of hunters play surv (despite being somewhat competitive) i wouldn't consider adding a melee spec to mage a great choice
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

A battlemage melee/tank spec is my dream, there are so many sources of inspiration how Arcane can be that, but we don't need to look far - Suramar is practically full of them. Including the dual blade weapons to add a unique element similar to how glaives became the DH signature.

I love the idea of magic being used to withstand damage instead of wearing heavy armor and also be incorporated into an elegant fighting style Jedi/Sith like. Again petty much like the NPC in Suramar and Spellblade Auriel in Nighthold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every post vanilla class they've added to the game have had melee DPS specs, they don't need to be changing ranged specs into more melee specs. If anything we need new rdps since it's the most played role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard never changes a range into melee again. Survival was ruined for my wife and a lot of our guildies. The game does not need more melee in any real form at all. Blizzard whiffed hard on the Survival rework and that is obviously with the genuine lack of players of the spec and the mechanical issues of it. Don't gut another.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

new survival is great if you know how to use it i like it more than that useless ranged survival

You have 9 classes capable of melee dps.
    You have 6 classes capable of ranged dps.

If anything. We could welcome a ranged rogue spec around chucking knives or a ranged unholy dk focusing on all pets and managing an army of minions. But more melee dps is not needed. If they went this route it would need to be bad enough that it couldn't raid and only pvp as the balance is way off as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Every post vanilla class they've added to the game have had melee DPS specs, they don't need to be changing ranged specs into more melee specs. If anything we need new [b]rdps since it's the most played role[b].
    Is it really? From my experience it's the most sought after role, but usually you get drowned in melee applications. At least in raiding.

That aside, still not a fan of chaning Arcane for that as Arcane is also fine right now, other than tuning and a bit of lacking mobility (compared to fire). The gameplay is certainly not much worse than fire.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-21 at 10:10 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is it really? From my experience it's the most sought after role, but usually you get drowned in melee applications. At least in raiding.

That aside, still not a fan of chaning Arcane for that as Arcane is also fine right now, other than tuning and a bit of lacking mobility (compared to fire). The gameplay is certainly not much worse than fire.
    Arcane missiles and evocation castable while moving baseline would greatly help arcane to be competitive
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Arcane missiles and evocation castable while moving baseline would greatly help arcane to be competitive
    I'd go with Arcane missiles being castable while moving when clearcasting and then change the talent for them to be always castable while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I'd go with Arcane missiles being castable while moving when clearcasting and then change the talent for them to be always castable while moving.
    Hmm, at first I thought then it would still be barely picked. But it might actually be a good filler during movement. Nowhere near as good as scorch execute but probably still okay.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.